IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Drugs and Steppenwolfs, got bored and made...Jim.
Slapstick
post Apr 8 2004, 06:05 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,117

So, Jim is an Orc Steppenwolf NPC that has no cyberware and has about 9 points of cultured bioware stuffed in him (~3.34 million newyen worth). For some reason this wasn't quite enough for me (I was bored), so I decided to give him some drugs (kamakazi, jazz, nitro, novacoke, and cram).

I can't find rules on drug-drug interaction or drug-cyber/bio interaction. So I ended up with a Steppenwolf with something like 12 body, 18 dex, 25 str, 12 will, and 6d6+18 init, and 14 combat pool.

This seems somewhat rediculous, as the only rules about drug mixtures are the nebulous 'overdose' rules which are entirely up to GM.

Anyone have actual or house rules to limit this sillyness?

-Slapstick
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Apr 8 2004, 06:31 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,133

Yes, you'll need a fish, preferably a carp.

Grasp the carp (or substitute fish) firmly by the tail.

Smack yourself in the face until you knock all the silly ideas out of your head.

Store fish on ice for use dealing with future sillyness.

Sunday.

+Quote Post
lordsah
post Apr 8 2004, 06:42 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 6,176

Seems to me, that given over 3 million nuyen, you could do all kinds of crazy/silly things.

Try spending 3 million nuyen on cyber/bioware for an NPC, and make him _suck_. That'll be a little more challenge, I'd think :)

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Apr 8 2004, 07:19 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

I'd feel compelled to make a roll to see if the character passes out and asphyxiates on his own vomit...

+Quote Post
Slapstick
post Apr 8 2004, 07:32 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 6,117

Hmm...Jim was mostly made because one of my players has spent the last week or so making the most awsome killing machine known to character gen (again). This...Jim...was seeing how far I could push things with bioware alone (Steppenwolfs have shiat-tons of bioware, as their leader's crazy. So that makes sense). The drugs are because someone once mentioned that there are no rules against stacking drugs on everything else, and as long as all carp-free sensibilites were out the window, why not?

That being said, are there any rules about drugs in combo with other stuff?

-Slapstick

+Quote Post
lordsah
post Apr 8 2004, 07:44 AM
Post #6

Target

Member No.: 6,176

No, not that I know of. GM call. I'm not a super-crazy-go-nuts rules guru though :)

+Quote Post
Zazen
post Apr 8 2004, 07:59 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,123

I like to think I am one of those and I say no, there aren't any rules on combining drugs.

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Apr 8 2004, 08:02 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

Where does a ganger get 3.someodd million? And why doesn't he just buy two condos, a hummer, a nice suit, and a beautiful wife?

+Quote Post
Austere Emancipa...
post Apr 8 2004, 09:47 AM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Member No.: 5,222

That character will still average a Light Physical whenever he takes Nitro. When he first takes all those, he has to resist 3D Stun & 4D Physical. Then, within 1 hour he'll be resisting 8D Stun, 6M Stun, 8L Stun as well have a Willpower of 1 or 0 (depending on how you want to look at it) and other nice modifiers for an equivalent time. And then there's the automatic Wound Effect every 4 uses of Kamikaze, which really fucks up Bioware.

Nevertheless, you can make one hell of a combat machine with drugs. And a nice Trauma Damper will do wonders for those drug damages. For house rules, you can always start giving them hallucinations -- they have at least +3 on Perception TNs at that point anyway. Make sure to enforce some form of addiction, thought maybe not as insanely severe as the canon addiction rules. You could also intoxicate the player to allow him to properly play the character.

+Quote Post
kevyn668
post Apr 8 2004, 01:42 PM
Post #10

Runner

Member No.: 5,375

QUOTE (Large Mike)
Where does a ganger get 3.someodd million? And why doesn't he just buy two condos, a hummer, a nice suit, and a beautiful wife?

I think thats the gang that was founded and led by some ex-corp, mad scietist type that "experments" on his troops. The gang description is in the SC, IIRC.

Someone wanna back/correct me??

+Quote Post
toturi
post Apr 8 2004, 02:30 PM
Post #11

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (kevyn668)
QUOTE (Large Mike @ Apr 8 2004, 08:02 AM)
Where does a ganger get 3.someodd million?  And why doesn't he just buy two condos, a hummer, a nice suit, and a beautiful wife?

I think thats the gang that was founded and led by some ex-corp, mad scietist type that "experments" on his troops. The gang description is in the SC, IIRC.

Someone wanna back/correct me??

The gang all have an "enhanced" version of adrenal gland and suprathyroid gland. ALL and that's Canon. Any other stuff are "specials-of-the-day". They are the only group IMO that can sport Cultured Bioware and Beta-or-better Cyber and get away with it. Drug use is optional and not really mentioned in the gang description.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Apr 8 2004, 05:51 PM
Post #12

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

If you want a bio-freak on drugs for added effect, get chemical glands. A constant dosage of your favorite combat drug will usually give you half the normal effect and the crash doesn't occur until the gland is removed.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.