Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Drugs and Steppenwolfs
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Slapstick
So, Jim is an Orc Steppenwolf NPC that has no cyberware and has about 9 points of cultured bioware stuffed in him (~3.34 million newyen worth). For some reason this wasn't quite enough for me (I was bored), so I decided to give him some drugs (kamakazi, jazz, nitro, novacoke, and cram).

I can't find rules on drug-drug interaction or drug-cyber/bio interaction. So I ended up with a Steppenwolf with something like 12 body, 18 dex, 25 str, 12 will, and 6d6+18 init, and 14 combat pool.

This seems somewhat rediculous, as the only rules about drug mixtures are the nebulous 'overdose' rules which are entirely up to GM.

Anyone have actual or house rules to limit this sillyness?

-Slapstick
Sunday_Gamer
Yes, you'll need a fish, preferably a carp.

Grasp the carp (or substitute fish) firmly by the tail.

Smack yourself in the face until you knock all the silly ideas out of your head.

Store fish on ice for use dealing with future sillyness.

Sunday.
lordsah
Seems to me, that given over 3 million nuyen, you could do all kinds of crazy/silly things.

Try spending 3 million nuyen on cyber/bioware for an NPC, and make him _suck_. That'll be a little more challenge, I'd think smile.gif
Zazen
I'd feel compelled to make a roll to see if the character passes out and asphyxiates on his own vomit...
Slapstick
Hmm...Jim was mostly made because one of my players has spent the last week or so making the most awsome killing machine known to character gen (again). This...Jim...was seeing how far I could push things with bioware alone (Steppenwolfs have shiat-tons of bioware, as their leader's crazy. So that makes sense). The drugs are because someone once mentioned that there are no rules against stacking drugs on everything else, and as long as all carp-free sensibilites were out the window, why not?

That being said, are there any rules about drugs in combo with other stuff?

-Slapstick
lordsah
No, not that I know of. GM call. I'm not a super-crazy-go-nuts rules guru though smile.gif
Zazen
I like to think I am one of those and I say no, there aren't any rules on combining drugs.
Large Mike

Where does a ganger get 3.someodd million? And why doesn't he just buy two condos, a hummer, a nice suit, and a beautiful wife?
Austere Emancipator
That character will still average a Light Physical whenever he takes Nitro. When he first takes all those, he has to resist 3D Stun & 4D Physical. Then, within 1 hour he'll be resisting 8D Stun, 6M Stun, 8L Stun as well have a Willpower of 1 or 0 (depending on how you want to look at it) and other nice modifiers for an equivalent time. And then there's the automatic Wound Effect every 4 uses of Kamikaze, which really fucks up Bioware.

Nevertheless, you can make one hell of a combat machine with drugs. And a nice Trauma Damper will do wonders for those drug damages. For house rules, you can always start giving them hallucinations -- they have at least +3 on Perception TNs at that point anyway. Make sure to enforce some form of addiction, thought maybe not as insanely severe as the canon addiction rules. You could also intoxicate the player to allow him to properly play the character.
kevyn668
QUOTE (Large Mike)
Where does a ganger get 3.someodd million? And why doesn't he just buy two condos, a hummer, a nice suit, and a beautiful wife?

I think thats the gang that was founded and led by some ex-corp, mad scietist type that "experments" on his troops. The gang description is in the SC, IIRC.

Someone wanna back/correct me??
toturi
QUOTE (kevyn668)
QUOTE (Large Mike @ Apr 8 2004, 08:02 AM)
Where does a ganger get 3.someodd million?  And why doesn't he just buy two condos, a hummer, a nice suit, and a beautiful wife?

I think thats the gang that was founded and led by some ex-corp, mad scietist type that "experments" on his troops. The gang description is in the SC, IIRC.

Someone wanna back/correct me??

The gang all have an "enhanced" version of adrenal gland and suprathyroid gland. ALL and that's Canon. Any other stuff are "specials-of-the-day". They are the only group IMO that can sport Cultured Bioware and Beta-or-better Cyber and get away with it. Drug use is optional and not really mentioned in the gang description.
Herald of Verjigorm
If you want a bio-freak on drugs for added effect, get chemical glands. A constant dosage of your favorite combat drug will usually give you half the normal effect and the crash doesn't occur until the gland is removed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012