IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> OOC: TANGO DOWN!, In the pipe, 5 by 5 (closed game)
TheOneRonin
post Apr 9 2004, 12:42 PM
Post #1

Running Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,729

Your wait is FINALLY over!

Welcome to the Tango Down! OOC game thread. Here's some notes about this this game.

#1 This is a closed game. All the character positions are filled. I will not be taking any submissions.

#2 When posting in the IC thread, put quotes around what your character actually says, and put in italics his/her thoughts.

#3 Please disable your sig while posting in this game.

#4 Everyone needs to list the languages they speak on THIS thread so the rest of the characters will know. If your character wishes to say something in a lanuage other than English and not translate it for everyone else, you must PM myself and others who speak said language exactly what you said. If you want to translate it into english simply tag your text like this: "Thanks for the help, [russian]you cheating slitch.[/russian]"

#5 I will be doing a lot of the dice rolling. Not because I don't trust you, but because I feel that a lot of roll results need to be secret from the player. More often than not, this keeps you from blowing a roll at a critical time.

#6 Whenever I call for a roll, go ahead and remind me about any special modifiers you have to the TN from things like aptitude or smartlinks. I'll try to take everything into account, but I'll miss some things on occasion.

#7 I HATE open tests. They just don't reflect a persons skill level, IMO. So I replace all open tests with opposed tests vs. TN 4. For example, when making a stealth check, you roll your Stealth skill vs. TN 4 (+/- mods), and the opponent rolls his Perception vs. TN 4 (+/- mods). Whomever generates more successes wins the test.

As usual, any questions or comments can be posted here in this thread. Those of you who haven't sent me your final character draft, please do so ASAP.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
TheOneRonin
post Apr 9 2004, 01:14 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Just in case your guys are confused, that first IC post is aimed at Michael Walker, Grey's character.

If I ever need to post anything IC aimed at one particular character, I will always head it with @<DumpShock Player Name>.

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 9 2004, 02:35 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,158

Nikolai "Dragos" Rozhenko speaks the following languages: Arabic (6), English (8), Romanian (6), Russian (7) specializing in his native Caucasus Dialect (9), and Techno Jargon (11). He's equally as literate in all of them except English which is only (6).

+Quote Post
Panzergeist
post Apr 9 2004, 03:51 PM
Post #4

Running Target

Member No.: 5,676

Japanese, English, Russian, and Enochian

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Apr 9 2004, 04:08 PM
Post #5

Why oh why didn't I take the blue pill.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,006

Downtown studied his but off so he could learn the following languages with great precision.

English 6/2
Russian 6/1
German 6/1
Arabic 6/0
French 4/1

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 9 2004, 04:21 PM
Post #6

Shooting Target

Looks like he fell asleep a bit in French class. :D

+Quote Post
CardboardArmor
post Apr 9 2004, 05:02 PM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,197

Japanese, Sperethiel, English, French, Arabic, Russian.

All at four, R/W at 2.

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Apr 9 2004, 05:03 PM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 5,686

Max knows the following languages:

English
Russian
Turkish
Arabic
Azerbaijani (learned specially for this mission)

When everyone has posted his languages, I'll write a post (unless someone else does so before) with all the info everyone gave about their character up to now. That way, we will have a place to refer to with everything we know about the other PCs.

+Quote Post
TheOneRonin
post Apr 9 2004, 05:36 PM
Post #9

Running Target

Gobogen made a good suggestion. From now on, if I need to direct an IC post to a specifc character, I'll put @<Character Name> rather than @<Player Name>

Also, Azeri is the language spoken in Azerbaijan. And you HAVE to have learned it way before this mission because your character doesn't find out where he is going until after the mission starts, and you wont' have time to take language classes.

And thanks for compiling the character info into one post. That should be a great help.

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Apr 9 2004, 06:40 PM
Post #10

Running Target

Well hum :| .. I guess he just learned it because he had to go there before ... or I can just change Azeri for Aramaic if you want :rotate:

+Quote Post
TheOneRonin
post Apr 9 2004, 06:48 PM
Post #11

Running Target

No that's fine...you can keep Azeri. It's pretty commonly spoken between Armenia, Azerbaijan, and Georgia. And it always helps to have a couple of people who can speak the native language.

+Quote Post
gobogen
post Apr 9 2004, 08:26 PM
Post #12

Running Target

ok cool, thanks

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Apr 9 2004, 08:50 PM
Post #13

I guess Grey is out of town today... blah, and I was looking forward to posting.

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 9 2004, 08:52 PM
Post #14

Shooting Target

Probably for the best. With Easter up this weekend, a few of us probably wouldn't have much access to the computer anyway. Best we get started in full swing come Monday.

+Quote Post
CardboardArmor
post Apr 9 2004, 10:24 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Looks like everyone took off but us. Feeling kinda left out, actually.

+Quote Post
Shadow
post Apr 9 2004, 10:32 PM
Post #16

Yeah, the only other time I have seen DSF this dead is Christmas. I didn't realize so many people had Good Friday off. I wish I did.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 9 2004, 11:09 PM
Post #17

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

Illian speaks Sperethiel and Enocian fluently, English well, Japase and Arabic enough to get by.

If it's cool with you Ronin, I'd like to shift a point from Japanese to take rudimentary Russian, six months for a guy who's hobby is linguistics, I figure he'd pick some up.

+Quote Post
CardboardArmor
post Apr 10 2004, 01:46 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

QUOTE (A Clockwork Lime @ Apr 9 2004, 09:35 AM)
Nikolai "Dragos" Rozhenko speaks the following languages:  Arabic 6, English 8, Romanian 6, Russian 7 specializing in his native Caucasus Dialect 9, and Techno Jargon 11.  He's equally as literate in all of them except English which is only 6.

Not to criticize or anything, but language skills at eight? Eleven? Isn't that a little much?

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 10 2004, 01:58 AM
Post #19

Shooting Target

Only to an unsophisticated philistine such as yourself. <folds his arm and engages full snob mode with a toss of the hair>

+Quote Post
TheOneRonin
post Apr 10 2004, 01:59 AM
Post #20

Running Target

@DH: That's cool...you can have Russian at 2. No problems with that.

@Cardboard: You know, seeing as I never really call for rolls, the skill ratings aren't that important. He has high levels of fluency in languages that are all VERY close to where he grew up, and the TECHNO JARGON of 11 just means that when it comes to schematics and technical journals, he talks WAAAAAY above most peoples heads. In reality, I think he just ran out of places to dump his knowledge skill points. :grinbig:

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 10 2004, 02:02 AM
Post #21

Shooting Target

Silence you!

+Quote Post
CardboardArmor
post Apr 10 2004, 02:04 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

Hey boss, can you throw the rest of us non-Grey guys a bone and give us a group activity to IC with? Might make it easier for him to drop us the line after he gets back and the plot wouldn't really go anywhere. Might help us all get a feel on one another's characters.

Lime:
You want a jandering, egghead linguist? Tir Tairngire is full of them. You want someone to punch deck, make the Black IC bleed, and make it so the things you need to say to someone across the world are understood only by that person and nobody else because the encryption is so thick that it would take a Cray a whole month of Sundays to cut it? You call Flatline. Ja neh, omae.

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 10 2004, 02:06 AM
Post #23

Shooting Target

Holy cow! My meager communication talents are nothing compared to yours. I humbly bow before you, oh great one.

And in no way is the heavy sarcasm continuing in this message. Not at all.

+Quote Post
Digital Heroin
post Apr 10 2004, 02:11 AM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 4,302

Or if you want an ameture linguist who'll erase your existance if you cross him... well... don't come talking to me... no one can prove anything...

+Quote Post
CardboardArmor
post Apr 10 2004, 02:18 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Lime:
Damn straight.

Oh, by the way, I guess your OOC English skill isn't that high, or you might have been able to read the GM's post about max skill level being 8.

That aside, let's look on to other things. Should there be an established heirarchy (with Grey at the top, naturally) of rank or are we doing this ad-hoc with weight of opinion being based on whomever's specialty we currently find ourselves dealing with?

+Quote Post

11 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 11:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.