Reply to this topicStart new topic
> I got two guns...One fer each of ya., Quick draw questions
kevyn668
post Apr 10 2004, 04:09 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,375

Is there a TN modifier for quick drawing two pistols (or whatever) at the same time? I haven't seen a canon reference.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Phaeton
post Apr 10 2004, 04:11 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,677

I think so...It's somewhere in the BBB (corebook). But I forget exactly where. I think it's in the Initiative section of the combat section...

+Quote Post
A Clockwork Lime
post Apr 10 2004, 04:14 AM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,158

I'm not aware of any such rule beyond, maybe, applying the Using Two Firearms penalty (+2/+2 TN penalty unless you have the Ambidexterity edge). It's never been an issue in any of the games I run, though. They have enough problems using two guns at the same time as it is.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Apr 10 2004, 04:30 AM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

By strict rule interpretation, quickdraw changes the time to draw a weapon from a simple action to a free action and you get one complex (or two simple) and one free action every time it is your turn. You could easily avoid this by quickdrawing one at the end of the turn of the previous character and the other gun during your own turn.

If you roll for each, you should be able to draw as many weapons as you have appropriate holding capability. If someone tries to nit-pick you out of it, just start drawing your guns on other people's actions.

+Quote Post
Modesitt
post Apr 10 2004, 06:33 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,963

It's not like this is some obscure reference buried away as the ass end of nowhere.

The rules for quick drawing two guns at once are the paragraph below the ones for drawing a single gun. First paragraph of pg 107 BBB for quickdrawing one, paragraph below that for quickdrawing two.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Apr 10 2004, 09:39 AM
Post #6

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

ah, give 'em a break. in SR, when the rules are where you'd expect them to be, it throw you off.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:04 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.