IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Trains, planes, and... well, just trains, really., Rail travel in the Sixth World
Tanegar
post Mar 10 2012, 06:15 AM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 9,731

Does North American even have rail travel in 2072? We barely have it now; any chance it made a comeback? I'd hate to give up on the idea of a train caper.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Mar 10 2012, 06:17 AM
Post #2

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

There are trains. The customs checkpoints are a major pain, especially if you're a UCAS Citizen trying to go from New York to Seattle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post
StConstantine
post Mar 21 2012, 09:32 AM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 18,664

i always imagined it as a subway network tbh. Im not from the US so i dont really know but if i had to guess, increase in population would mean either building up or building down and since i dont see any floating monorail lines in the book art im gonna guess subway. Plus, how else could i get some classic subway fight scenes?

+Quote Post
Link
post Mar 21 2012, 11:52 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 3,180

The maglev tube train from Seattle to Portland in the Tir featured in our games. Run by the Resha [?] Corporation as I recall.

+Quote Post
Jhaiisiin
post Mar 21 2012, 02:20 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Member No.: 8,334

Subways are really good for relatively small distances. Going from New York to Seattle is over 2800 miles (4500+km). Overland rail is really the best option for that kind of distance.

So there will be in-city subways, overland normal rail and likely some maglev rail lines between major cities on the country for high speed rail travel. That's my expectation anyway.

+Quote Post
BishopMcQ
post Mar 21 2012, 02:33 PM
Post #6

The back-up plan

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,910

Per RC, p. 29, all of the metroplexes are connected via the maglev system, a few smaller settlements are not.

+Quote Post
Daylen
post Mar 23 2012, 02:20 AM
Post #7

Running Target

Member No.: 17,952

Considering the Interstate Highway system is fractured now, I'd think the same would happen to rail.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 03:42 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.