Reply to this topicStart new topic
> HELP NEEDED TO SLAY A HIGHLY CYBERED ORK
Malokei
post Apr 15 2004, 03:45 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,241

Hey recently in my friends SR3 campaign. I got into Player versus Player combat over who was going to pilot MY Commercial LAV. Anyways he didn't a clue when I said no claimin his skill was better than mine even though I am the owner. (keep in mind he was in character claiming his skill was a rating 6. Can we say DUMB FRAGGER!!! I can. Anyways being the witty gentlemen that I am I said well thats nice that you have your intermediates license but I am still the captain and your the cabin boy.) He then started to shoot at my character he missed at point blank range. Combat intiated I cast a force 6 armor spell on my self with six successes out of seven dice. The idiot shot at me yet again I shrugged it off. I held my action. The rest of the party showed up and preceded to attempt to try to light me up like a christmas try. Note the word try. I then began to conjour a city spirit of man at force 5. With five favors I said: protect me, if they kill me kill them, defend the LAV if I die, you are free to leave immediately if the cops show, and keep yourself alive. It did just that, first order was combat again, of course. It used its fear ability to scare off one of the party members, and make one of the others back out. The stupid ork still resisted and continued his onlsaught and did a LIGHT wound to me, I sustained my magic for the moment. This happened for five minutes game time until my spirits was banished by the other shaman in the party and the ork ran out of bullets. I then dropped my armor spell and STUNBALLED that jerk into next month. The party being stupid called LoneStar into this equation which wound up in my temporary detainment and confiscation of multiple illegal firearms. Anyways that damn ork is still trying to kill me. And the only combat spell I have is Stunball at force 6. I need help because he will not stop until I am dead. Note: the person playing the character is an idiot. Never mess with a magic user.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Apr 15 2004, 03:53 AM
Post #2

Dragon

Member No.: 3,263

Buy about 10kg of dynamite along with a blasting cap and electronic detonator. Attach the dynamite to the inside of a coat and wire up the blasting cap and detonator. Put on the coat, get very, VERY close to your opponent and detonate the explosives.

As for what to do about your PC's ingame problem *shrug* no idea there.

+Quote Post
theartthief
post Apr 15 2004, 03:55 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,111

Uhhhhh,

Where is your GM? :twirl:

If s/he persists in allowing this insanity to continue, then I would hire my old sniper character to put and "end" to this nonsense... :vegm:

- theartthief

+Quote Post
TinkerGnome
post Apr 15 2004, 03:56 AM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 4,706

Steal a nuclear warhead. Go to same city as ork. Detonate warhead. Stand about three feet to the left of the bomb and you should be fine.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Apr 15 2004, 04:07 AM
Post #5

Dragon

Hold on a minute, this: http://invision.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=3729 isn't by chance your group?

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Apr 15 2004, 04:07 AM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

I am forced to wonder... what happened in the part you left out explaining why the rest of the group decided to attack you?

Anyway, its ridiculously easy to kill an unconscious character, so I don't understand why youre having problems dealing with your situation considering the combat spell in your possession.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Apr 15 2004, 04:10 AM
Post #7

Dragon

QUOTE (Jason Farlander)
I am forced to wonder... what happened in the part you left out explaining why the rest of the group decided to attack you?

Anyway, its ridiculously easy to kill an unconscious character, so I don't understand why youre having problems dealing with your situation considering the combat spell in your possession.

It wasn't just the rest of the party. It kinda sounds like the GM isn't really happy. LoneStar showed up, took away his gear and jailed him for a bit. Although the GM didn't just have him summarily executed, so he hasn't totally screwed himself...yet.

That post just has "social calamity" dripping from it.

+Quote Post
Jason Farlander
post Apr 15 2004, 04:21 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 4,323

QUOTE (blakkie @ Apr 14 2004, 11:10 PM)

It wasn't just the rest of the party. It kinda sounds like the GM isn't really happy. LoneStar showed up, took away his gear and jailed him for a bit. Although the GM didn't just have him summarily executed, so he hasn't totally screwed himself...yet.

That post just has "social calamity" dripping from it.

Well... perhaps you missed it, what with the confused lack of commas/paragraphs/complete sentences, but...

QUOTE (Malokei)
The party being stupid called LoneStar into this equation

So it wasnt *necessarily* just the GM being an ass along with the party... perhaps this particular GM prefers to take a back seat and let things play out as they should given the player's actions.

(NOTE:Malokei - the opening statement was not intended as a flame, Rather, it was a reasonably accurate observation. If you would prefer a higher average quality of response, you could help attain one by putting a little more effort into making your post readable.)

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Apr 15 2004, 04:37 AM
Post #9

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

Wire a looped BTL into the LAV datajack port. Apologize to the ork and offer to let him drive the vehicle... "See, you turn it on by jacking in."

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Apr 15 2004, 04:48 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

I gotta say, my friend, that puncuation and paragraph breaks are your friend. Having all-caps in the title probably also turned alot of people away. Really, you're lucky that so many people responded.

Also, orks are easy. Trolls are a bit harder. In either case, bullets will generally do you, as will booby-traps. Although inter-PC murder often dooms at least the offending character and often the continued play of that group. Really, someone will get ticked and refuse to play with someone else. From what I was able to gather, everyone attacked you? If that's the case, chances are that you'll be the one excluded from play.

I seriously recommend that you find a different way to settle this.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 15 2004, 04:56 AM
Post #11

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

Yes, my first reaction was why did they all side with him, too. Usually the party sides with the attackee to restrain the attacker and learn why they went off. Sounds like they knew why the attacker went off and that was the signal to join in.

But to your question, Use your spirit. Have it use its powers. The hearth spirit has a neat one called confusion. If the victim fails their roll, they don't get an action, if they succeed, they get a +(Force) modifier to their TNs. Then use another neat power, conceal to make yourself hard to see, add spirit's Force to TN to hit you or even see you. At Force 4, that's +8 for the ork to do anything to you. Stand back and stunbolt without having to sustain anything.

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Apr 15 2004, 04:57 AM
Post #12

Dragon

I saw that Jason, but the GM decided that LoneStar would show up. Why would 'runners, criminals of criminals, call LoneStar? I'm going to guess to ask the GM to come in a give some batton "guidance" to the PC/player in question.

So LS shows, apparently before this guy managed to skip out. Or maybe he thought he didn't need to leave? *shrug* The GM fires an warning shot across the bow (takes some gear, temporary detainment) and then goes back to let it play out.

I would guess not a micromanagement GM (or as i like to label such, a Dungeonmaster In Complete Kontrol ;) ). He'll let it play out, for one reason (trying to not piss someone off, lacks political ability to direct the play at the table) or another (philosophically doesn't just calls the rules and lets the bullet casing drop where they may).

There are some hints that maybe the other players aren't exactly innocent in this either. This fellow isn't exactly the brightest either if he can't figure out a way to kill a lughead troll using a mage. But then i get the impression he didn't come here looking for a way to kill the troll, just validation from someone that killing the troll PC is the right thing to do. So i'm sticking with my recommendation of a dynamite solution. :wobble:

+Quote Post
blakkie
post Apr 15 2004, 05:00 AM
Post #13

Dragon

QUOTE (Kanada Ten)
Wire a looped BTL into the LAV datajack port. Apologize to the ork and offer to let him drive the vehicle... "See, you turn it on by jacking in."

LOL. I think i'll keep that one for a rainy day, i'll file it under the Kanada Gambit. :love:

+Quote Post
Malokei
post Apr 15 2004, 05:03 AM
Post #14

Target

alright here's the deal. one you mentioned some other group. that isn't my group. Anyways the GM thinks that it is appropiate for storytelling purposes. But I think they don't like my shaman because I actually ROLEPLAY my character. Anyways that insanity is just plain bad on account that they never have the cajones to confront me even when I GM. So I naturally have to figure out what the problem is and try to remedy without using the rubber gloves of denial as much. Well anyways they started drek with my Junk shaman so I have to clean it up but that is why I asked ya'll. So um yeah any easy remedies?

+Quote Post
Malokei
post Apr 15 2004, 05:07 AM
Post #15

Target

And another thing the GM didn' tplan on LONESTAR showing up. It was an unfortunate lack of common sense on the PC's behalf that caused this problem in the first place. Well I got out of jail after calling my attorney and providing appropiater false identification for the spells I sling. It was bad but at least I am free before they realized they were duped.

+Quote Post
Herald of Verjig...
post Apr 15 2004, 05:09 AM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 4,017

Mateba. 2 Matebas if you have more than 6 problem players.

+Quote Post
broho_pcp
post Apr 15 2004, 05:24 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,054

Just hire an assasin (sniper/mage prefered) to kill him.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Apr 15 2004, 05:36 AM
Post #18

King of the Hobos

Member No.: 127

Edited because people already said what I wanted to say.

+Quote Post
tisoz
post Apr 15 2004, 05:48 AM
Post #19

Free Spirit

Member No.: 1,920

Do you have an appropriate skill to pilot the LAV, or is the ork the better pilot? Does your group think your character has any useful skills?

I ask only because you scare me with that roleplaying boast. Do they think they will all die if the GM makes you rollplay the piloting? Another use of a spirit power guard will help drive the GM nuts by helping avoid accidents, from either the spirit power or natural origin.

+Quote Post
Sunday_Gamer
post Apr 15 2004, 05:52 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,133

Sounds to me like you need to find yourself a different gaming group? Granted I once Gm'ed a game where one party member played both factions against each other, set them all up to kill each other and went on to pay a magical group loads of money to forget the whole thing because he hated what those people had turned him into.

He went on to a very promising career shadowrunning with his new friends and they had many fine adventures. =)

I'm sure you've got enough ways to smoke him already so I'll be guy who asks the techincal question. Not so much to nit pick but to make sure I know the rules myself.

You mention you cast armor and then summoned a city spirit. Were you sustaning this armor spell while performing the exclusive action of summoning? Am I correct in my belief you would have to drop the armor spell to summon?

Sunday

+Quote Post
Capt. Dave
post Apr 15 2004, 06:09 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,183

Just kill the damn thing. While he sleeps, when he goes outside, while he's driving. You're a shaman, damnit, act like one! You command the mighty energies of Magic! Yes, slay him like a dog in the street!

You (and I may have misread) seem to imply that the ork & company ROLLplay their characters. Now, this is a generalization, but most roll-players respect power. A surprisingly large amount view mages as weak and puny due to their often lower physical attributes. So pack him a lunch and take him to school. Maybe next time he'll be a bit slower to pick a fight.

+Quote Post
Arethusa
post Apr 15 2004, 06:15 AM
Post #22

Runner

Member No.: 4,775

Dave's got it right. Mundanes are really far more vulnerable than a magic user will ever be, and while it may be unbalanced, it's about time he learned this. There is a reason that mages are primary targets.

+Quote Post
TechnoDruid
post Apr 15 2004, 07:25 AM
Post #23

Target

Member No.: 6,121

Stunbolt him into oblivion, shoot him in the head until all is left is a fine, red paste. Even if your GM makes you roll to hit, etc, it shouldn't take you horribly long, as the ork shouldn't get ANY combat pool. Just how I'd handle him. But, since I'm a GM, I may very well have had LS show up, deem you ALL as a threat to public safety, and gun everyone down... ;)

+Quote Post
mfb
post Apr 15 2004, 08:04 AM
Post #24

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

no kidding. buy a 5Y knife, stunball his ass, slit his throat. QED.

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Apr 15 2004, 08:10 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

Posts like these are why I take a real dim view with regards to interparty conflict. It's okay if I'm trying, in character, to save someone from a fellow party member because of character beliefs (albeit at a con game). I'm just not cool when arguments in the party degenerate into bloodbaths.

Don

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 09:29 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.