Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [ooc] Thist Land is Our Land, Recruitment/OOC Thread
Scarecrow
post Jul 18 2012, 03:28 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,016

Background: I'm not new to SR, but SR4 is tweaky in my eyes. I played 2/3E, and am finally coming back to a well-written, fantastic game. So, SR4 is a little new to me, but the rules aren't that difficult to manage or learn.

I've always found that I learn best by doing, especially when it comes to role-playing games. The way I learn the rules best is to GM and have to make decisions on the fly. It worked for every other game system I know, so I figure it should work here.

With that said, I am going to start running a Shadowrun campaign via PBP. I am a veteran PBP GM and player, and I'm quite familiar with the ins and outs of running a game. However, this will be my first time running SR4, so I'm asking that anybody who plays to please take it easy on me because I'm bound to mess up the rules a bit. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

The campaign details are at Obsidian Portal, which you can get to by clicking on this link right here. You will see character creation rules, NPCs, and various other things related to the campaign. I want to keep these forums here at Dumpshock as clean as possible, so the only 2 threads you will see for this game here are this one (Recruitment/OOC) and the IC thread.

If you are interested, please indicate so here in this thread. When you are ready, create an account at OP and let me know that you have done so. Then I can invite you to the game there, and you can post your character there. I would like to start with 4 players, but I'll run with less than that.

If there are any questions, please let me know. Otherwise, I hope to see some interest in running all over what used to be the US.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Jul 18 2012, 04:01 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 38,733

Hey Scarecrow, I'm more than mildly interested in getting involved with this. Is nice to be on the other side of the screen. Unsure of what sort of character I want to mess around with quite yet. Dithering between a slightly augmented, BTL addict Face or the standard gunbun/insert other specialty here. I've made an account on Obsidian, username is RonHolcomb.

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 18 2012, 04:06 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

QUOTE (taeksosin @ Jul 18 2012, 09:01 AM) *
Hey Scarecrow, I'm more than mildly interested in getting involved with this. Is nice to be on the other side of the screen. Unsure of what sort of character I want to mess around with quite yet. Dithering between a slightly augmented, BTL addict Face or the standard gunbun/insert other specialty here. I've made an account on Obsidian, username is RonHolcomb.

Thanks for the interest. Invite on OP sent.

+Quote Post
johnnytenpins
post Jul 18 2012, 11:48 PM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 19,146

Hi Scarecrow,

I have a few character ideas running around in my head and would be interested in joining your game. I have played SR4 regularly for the last 3 or so years, and have dabbled a little bit in PbP (mostly to the disappointment of games ending due to inactivity). I just set up an OP account, screenname of Johnnytenpins.

My first initial question is what are you looking for as "regular" post rate- weekly, daily, 2x/week, etc?

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 12:16 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

QUOTE (johnnytenpins @ Jul 18 2012, 03:48 PM) *
Hi Scarecrow,

I have a few character ideas running around in my head and would be interested in joining your game. I have played SR4 regularly for the last 3 or so years, and have dabbled a little bit in PbP (mostly to the disappointment of games ending due to inactivity). I just set up an OP account, screenname of Johnnytenpins.

My first initial question is what are you looking for as "regular" post rate- weekly, daily, 2x/week, etc?

First of all - thank you for the interest. I now have three players interested, so as soon as you guys get characters up and approved, we can get started.

My expectation is to have players post no less than once per week. I will post as often as necessary to keep the game going. We can get into details of what happens when players don't meet that post rate later.

I have sent you an invite on OP, so go ahead and accept it to be added to the campaign. When you get a character done, add him to the characters tab and let me know so I can review and approve.

Again, as soon as I get at least two characters we can get started.

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Jul 19 2012, 05:24 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 38,733

So, what sort of characters are people thinking of throwing around? I'm still debating (and building) between an adept face w/BTL issues and child support, a Christian Theurgist mage who's mainly a support/utility type, or a gunbun/some skillset not covered.

+Quote Post
johnnytenpins
post Jul 19 2012, 10:31 AM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 19,146

I've got a sneaky adept ninja with a hero complex rolling up now, but I also have an orc rigger in my head if you want to avoid having dual adepts on the same team.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 11:53 AM
Post #8

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Hi there! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I would be interested in joining as well. Already have an OP account, only need to remember my login data. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 12:20 PM
Post #9

Moving Target

With thanee, we would have four. And that is optimal. I have not seen any characters yet so there is still time. If anyone else is interested I can put you on a wait list.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 01:01 PM
Post #10

jacked in

Do you know what kind of characters there are now?

I see mage and adept here, so I will likely make something mundane to keep things balanced. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 01:29 PM
Post #11

Moving Target

We've got mage, adept, and a street sam so far. Or, that's what's been talked about, anyhow. We currently, actually have...nothing. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 01:42 PM
Post #12

jacked in

Ok, my account name on OP is also Thanee.

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 01:59 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Invite sent.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 02:34 PM
Post #14

jacked in

Added a WIP character sheet (no actual data yet, but background info and such (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) ).

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 03:04 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

Speech, thought, commlink, and matrix text formatting for this campaign.

"Speech" (always good to color that to make it stand out)
Thoughts
<< @<TO> [<FROM>] Commlink Communications >>
<< Matrix Actions >>

Example of dice roll formatting.

11d6.hits(5) = 4

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #16

jacked in

Can I propose different colors, that are less straining on the eyes (and used quite a bit around here)? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thoughts
<< Matrix Actions >>

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 04:26 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (Thanee @ Jul 19 2012, 08:23 AM) *
Can I propose different colors, that are less straining on the eyes (and used quite a bit around here). (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Thoughts
<< Matrix Actions >>

Bye
Thanee

Yep. And changed. Thanks!

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 19 2012, 07:27 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,252

Damn, I always end up coming in a little too late for these...Well, put me on the wait list, I'd like to play if something happens to any of your already-committed players.

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 08:08 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Tell ya what - I'll allow a fifth this time to see how it goes. I normally prefer 4 players, but nobody has submitted a finalized character yet, so I'll let one more slip in. Sign up on OP and let me know what your handle there is so I can invite you.

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Jul 19 2012, 08:44 PM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 313

I'm also interested if there's still room. I've got a hacker/face build who's in deep to the Vory.

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 09:09 PM
Post #21

jacked in

About the Availability 12 "limit" (which is actually the regular rule)... can the Restricted Gear Quality from Runner's Companion be used (it allows one item of up to AV 20)?

If it makes sense for the character, of course. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Specifically looking at the Move-by-Wire System 2 from Augmentation here (which isn't broken, but very good value-for-money, or rather -essence).

Bye
Thanee

P.S. a little addition for the invisible castle stuff... you can use Edge (when you use it in the way that allows you to roll addition dice for every 6 you get) in the dice rolls with 12d6.hits(5).open(6) or 12d6.hitsopen(5,6).

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 19 2012, 09:21 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

Same handle on OP, waiting on invite. It's been quite a while since I've played, period, so a sam would be my preferred choice in role but I'll take anything, so long as people don't mind me asking silly questions in OOC chat. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Scarecrow
post Jul 19 2012, 09:45 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

@Chance - sorry, but we've got 5 people now, and that's more than enough runners for the time being. I can put you on the waiting list and, should someone get geeked or drop out, I can add you in at that time?

@ChromeZephyr - invite has been sent on OP.

@Thanee - First, thanks for the information on the invisible castle rolls. I was not aware that was an option, so thank you for letting us all know.

Second, I'll allow it. Move-By-Wire 1 has an availability of 12, so you could get that no worries. Rating 2 is an 18, so you'd have to take Restricted Gear one time to get the Rating 2. So long as you have the quality, you can take the gear.

And on that note, let me put this out there: Say you wanted to get Move-By-Wire 3, which has an availability of 25. You'd first have to take Restricted Gear to get Rating 2, and then take it again to get to Rating 3. Does that make sense?

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jul 19 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #24

jacked in

Don't think it's supposed to be stacked like that... but anyhow... 2 is fine... 3 costs a bit too much Essence.

Will be done by the weekend. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Bye
Thanee

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 19 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

Accepted, will get to work on the character.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 08:27 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.