IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Fun with weapon mods, Fun (mostly) legit weapons created with mods and accessories
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 03:46 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,368

After looking at the Combi glove thread I remembered all the ideas i had for dumb/fun weapons made within the mod rules, all heavily relying on the underbarrel weapon mod and decided I would share them.

I know there are other threads like this out there but a quick search didn't yield anything from the last year or two so rather than necrothreading i'll make a new one.

Remember, these are just for fun and many do bend the rules slightly here and there.

Defiance HardShock Gloves
Base weapon: Hardliner Gloves
Modded with: Underbarrel Defiance EX shocker (taser)(modded with melee hardening, Smartgun system, skinlink, and trigger removal)
Total Cost: 800 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

This set of gloves packs a wallop in more ways than one. The hardliner gloves allow you to deal out some heavy handed justice, while the Defiance EX shocker mounted along the top of the hand can allow you to deliver and 8S(e) shock, both in melee, as well as firing up to 2 smartgun assisted darts up to a range of 20 meters!

Stealth Knife

Base weapon: Cougar Fineblade
Modded with: Ceramic/plasteel components lvl3, Personalized grip, Gecko grip
Total Cost: 5250 for shortbade version, 7700 for longblade version

This knife is super sharp and can go through MAD detectors all day long. With a personalized grip it feels like an extension of your hand, and the gecko grip makes it so it might as well be if someone tries to disarm you of it. The gecko grip also means you can stick it just about anywhere on your body without the need for straps to get it in those fun places (and we all remember how Bruce Willis in Die Hard taped a gun to his back with no shirt on so the bad guy would think he was unarmed)

Tactical MGL-46 Micro-Grenade launcher
Base Weapon: MGL-12 Grenade launger
Mods: Additional Clip, Extended Clip, Underbarrel MGL-12 (additional clip, extended clip)
Accessories: Smartgun system (top mount), Airburst link, Shock pad, Sling
Total Cost: 9960

This bad boy gives you 4 different clips to choose from, each of which can be loaded with a different grenade type. With 2 clips with a 15 round capacity (which would be loaded with your most likely used grenades) and 2 with 8 round capacities (which could be loaded with the more situational grenades), you also have a total of 46 rounds to work with. With the smartgun system added, its a free action to switch between whichever clip/weapon you want, and reloading is made a snap with mental commands to eject spent clips, or loading a new payload. And the Airburst link helps make sure your payload is delivered exactly where you need it. The sling and shock pad help when lugging this beast around the battle field, and helps control it during firing.

I had some more ideas too, but thats all i have time for at the moment since I'm at work. I'll post some more later and feel free to add your own interesting creations if you like.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
The Wrestling Tr...
post Jul 27 2012, 04:25 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 39,548

Flamethrower with underbarrel harpoon to fetch the enemy and burn him i to ashes while he can't escape (extra fun with monofilament cable instead of normal wire for the harpoon)

Harpoon launcher attached to a portable carbattery for streetgang fun

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jul 27 2012, 05:26 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

Onotari Xfactor III assault rifle
- Standard features: Additional Clip, Underbarrel Shotgun, Imaging Scope, Advanced Safety
- Modifications: Extended Clip (Drum 100), Sound Suppressor, Foregrip
- Additional accessories: Sling, External Smartgun
- Ammunition: 200 rounds Ex-Ex
>>FINAL PRICE: 6,165 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

"If you have to reload before the fight is done .... welcome to the zombie apocalypse!"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jul 27 2012, 01:26 PM) *
Onotari Xfactor III assault rifle
- Standard features: Additional Clip, Underbarrel Shotgun, Imaging Scope, Advanced Safety
- Modifications: Extended Clip (Drum 100), Sound Suppressor, Foregrip
- Additional accessories: Sling, External Smartgun
- Ammunition: 200 rounds Ex-Ex
>>FINAL PRICE: 6,165 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif)

"If you have to reload before the fight is done .... welcome to the zombie apocalypse!"

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

The onotary xfactor...is that from the first gun heaven book?

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 27 2012, 06:15 PM
Post #5

Advocatus Diaboli

Member No.: 14,282

A drum is not a clip. Extended Clip (Drum option) "replaces" the ability to use clips with the ability to use drums.

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jul 27 2012, 06:28 PM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (ZeroPoint @ Jul 27 2012, 12:55 PM) *
The onotary xfactor...is that from the first gun heaven book?

Yep. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Not the most impressive gun out there - but the first one I happened across in HeroLab that came with "Additional Clip" as a standard feature.

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 27 2012, 02:15 PM) *
A drum is not a clip. Extended Clip (Drum option) "replaces" the ability to use clips with the ability to use drums.

Not sure what your point is, here.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 27 2012, 06:31 PM
Post #7

Advocatus Diaboli

It's a stretch at best to have dual 100 drums, that's all. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Pretty obvious point.

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jul 27 2012, 06:36 PM
Post #8

Neophyte Runner

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Beta_C-Mag

Essentially, twin 50-round drums.

Also, I can see a feed mechanism that had one of those inserted from above, and another from below. (Or one to either side.)

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 27 2012, 06:40 PM
Post #9

Advocatus Diaboli

I'm only talking about the rules, which rarely have anything to do with reality/sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not saying 'you can't', just pointing out that it's a stretch.

In reality, the same gun can use 'clips' and drums interchangeably, so that's a disconnect already. However, that example is not at all the same as two separate 100 drums.

I'd have mentioned 'underbarrel' gloves, but I already did in the other thread. …However, I now see that he added the ability to *fire* the taser at range? We're now having firearms installed in our gloves? Hehehe. As OP said, rules are being bent a little.

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 06:48 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jul 27 2012, 02:28 PM) *
Not sure what your point is, here.

I think what he's trying to say is that drum isn't a clip so it doesn't qualify for additional clip mod. This was the reasoning I used, but its all up to the GM. I've bent the rules harder than that before...

Eichiro Hatamoto II Extreme
Base Weapon: Eichiro Hatamoto II
Mods: High-powered chambering, Personalized grip, Underbarrel weapon(Eichiro Hatamoto II: High powered Chambering)
Accessories: Internal smartlink, Folding Stock

At 9P, -2 AP, this gun is a true handcannon. The underbarrel mod effectively makes this gun into a double barrel gun, doubling its single shot capacity, as well as allowing to fire at SA rates (since technically you fire the one gun first, and then the underbarrel weapon second). The folding stock and personalized grip help with the excessive recoil of the weapon.

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jul 27 2012, 07:01 PM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 27 2012, 01:40 PM) *
I'm only talking about the rules, which rarely have anything to do with reality/sense. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm not saying 'you can't', just pointing out that it's a stretch.

I disagree. The rules do not, IMO, suggest any such incompatibility. As I said: one Beta C above, one below. Giving the appearance of four drums, and the effect of two.

QUOTE (ZeroPoint @ Jul 27 2012, 01:48 PM) *
At 9P, -2 AP, this gun is [...]

... hobbled by it's inability to use APDS or other non-standard rounds. Sorry. I can get 8P, AP -2 just by loading Ex-Ex. Or 7B AP-5, using APDS.

High Powered Chambering is ... well, RAW, it's busted. In a "bad choice to ever make" sort of way.

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 07:02 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Defiance infiltrator
Base weapon: Defiance T-250 / Short barrel version
Mods: Powered folding stock (ruled this as replacing the built in stock so when folded down reduces concealabilty by one removes point of RC)
Barrel reduction (since it is a short barrel version which uses heavy pistol ranges, it doesn't actually already have barrel reduction mod so this can still apply)
easy breakdown
personalized grip
smartgun system
Sling
Ceramic/Plasteel components lvl3

Total Cost: 11,585

While being extremely expensive, you can get this gun just about anywhere. It easily breaks down into several component parts that are unrecognizable as any sort of weapon. And none of those parts are detectable by MAD scanners. On top of that, once you have it re-assembled, with stock retracted it has a concealabilty mod of 0. And all that cash will be worth it when you see the look on the face of a security guard when you put a SHOTGUN in his face AFTER going through a security checkpoint.

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 07:09 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jul 27 2012, 03:01 PM) *
... hobbled by it's inability to use APDS or other non-standard rounds. Sorry. I can get 8P, AP -2 just by loading Ex-Ex. Or 7B AP-5, using APDS.

High Powered Chambering is ... well, RAW, it's busted. In a "bad choice to ever make" sort of way.

This is something i'm aware of but it all comes out pretty close to the same in the end really.

-3 AP = +1 damage (for purpose of damage calculation only, i know it makes more of a difference against hardened armor)
so 7P -5 would be equal to 8P, -2 AP....which is the same performance as Ex-EX. And this is 9P, -2 AP. so the extra recoil penalty offsets that a little with one less hit on occasion so back to 8P, -2.

there are some differences but they all come pretty close in performance

This idea was just for big numbers syndrome

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 07:17 PM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (Yerameyahu @ Jul 27 2012, 02:40 PM) *
I'd have mentioned 'underbarrel' gloves, but I already did in the other thread. …However, I now see that he added the ability to *fire* the taser at range? We're now having firearms installed in our gloves? Hehehe. As OP said, rules are being bent a little.

I don't see a problem with it since they mentioned "underbarrel guns on smart swords" in the book...not that much of a stretch if you think about it.

And the Defiance EX shocker already has the option to both use in melee and fire darts that trail wires up to 20 meters. It normally has 4 darts but is reduced by 50% due to underbarrel mod so I didn't ADD functionality by allowing it to shoot.

Really this is one of the my mildest creations since it doesn't really bring anything else more to the character other than allowing them to wear the tazer. A tazer with gecko grip and skinlink could do the same thing really. Activate it when its on the back of your hand and then at any time mentally command it to fire over the smartlink.

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Jul 27 2012, 07:54 PM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (ZeroPoint @ Jul 27 2012, 03:02 PM) *
Defiance infiltrator

This one, I really like. I think, with it's small size and MAD-invisible components, that the breakdown feature is redundant ... but it's not a game-breaker, either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Jul 27 2012, 08:06 PM
Post #16

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jul 27 2012, 12:01 PM) *

I disagree... A Super Warhawk is 8P AP -3. Pretty damned impressive if You ask me. And it makes a Statement. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 08:07 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Jul 27 2012, 02:54 PM) *
This one, I really like. I think, with it's small size and MAD-invisible components, that the breakdown feature is redundant ... but it's not a game-breaker, either. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Well...my main thinking was that the Mad immune would get you past mad scanners(of course) but not cyberscanners. And the small size will get you past a pat down, but not a strip search. This will on all of the above.

Ammo on the other hand...

+Quote Post
NiL_FisK_Urd
post Jul 27 2012, 08:10 PM
Post #18

Moving Target

Member No.: 43,494

The breakdown feature is the only way to stop a cyerware scanner ^^

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jul 27 2012, 08:41 PM
Post #19

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

My hollywood hacker was a fan of non-lethal damage, usually in the form of electricity damage.

His original gloves were a pair of AR gloves, crossed with shock gloves, and out fitted with a hologram projector. They had a nice advantage of being able to illustrate things, and display AR and info to people not on the team's network.
This was actaully before I found the mod rules from augmentation, so it was gm-enabled mishmash of parts.

He later upgraded to Tesla gloves(attitude), and tinkered with them to have a melee hardening, a shock glove function, smartlink, a better built-in jammer, and the trademark holo projector.

+Quote Post
Falconer
post Jul 27 2012, 08:47 PM
Post #20

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 13,662

Two more good ones for the Defiance Hardshock.

Firing Selection Semi-auto... and personalized grip :).

Personalized grip +1 dice in melee (and 1 free point of RC). SA... fire both darts in a single pass with 2 simple actions.

+Quote Post
ZeroPoint
post Jul 27 2012, 08:54 PM
Post #21

Moving Target

QUOTE (Falconer @ Jul 27 2012, 03:47 PM) *
Two more good ones for the Defiance Hardshock.

Firing Selection Semi-auto... and personalized grip (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .

Personalized grip +1 dice in melee (and 1 free point of RC). SA... fire both darts in a single pass with 2 simple actions.

Ah yes, and we could also toss on the gecko grip so it can do triple time as climbing gloves...

And I like the idea for the name change, I think i'll adopt that

also, new idea formulating....

Something like the Spetsnaz Ballistic knife....

+Quote Post
Falconer
post Jul 27 2012, 09:01 PM
Post #22

Neophyte Runner

I just couldn't remember what the name was... so improvised when I was too lazy to look back up.

Can you get your hand stuck geckoed into a fist?

Yeah, but generally when dealing with a straight up defiance shocker... I like to get a built in laser sight, and personalized grip. (no nasty 'R' legalities to deal with). Gecko to make it harder to disarm or stick it to all kinds of odd locations is nice as well. Not as good as a smartgun, but don't need a permit either. Also the laser is better for intimidation purposes... people tend to notice that red dot on them.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Jul 27 2012, 09:03 PM
Post #23

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

I also had a samurai use an HK-227X. It comes with some really really nice built-in features, which makes them count as mods, not accessories.(thank you arsenal). It comes with a silencer, a folding stock, and a smartgun system.
The first change was to alter the built-in folding stock to be Powered.
Then an auto-adjusting weight, chameleon coating, and a sling.
Some accessories rounded it out. A gasvent 3 and Skinlink adapter, and a foregrip finished it off.

It wasn't a weapon that you used to sneak past security checkpoint and scanners, but once you were in a fight it, it was either fully compensated on FA Longbursts or silenced and compensated on Shortbursts. Also had the nice plus of not breaking your own chameleon suit.

+Quote Post
Yerameyahu
post Jul 27 2012, 09:26 PM
Post #24

Advocatus Diaboli

I think it is a hell of a stretch from a sword to a glove, ZeroPoint, that's all. Wrist-mounted guns are not a normal thing in SR4 (for good reason). I'm not saying it's impossible, and I'm fully aware we're talking in a context of 'bendable' rules.

+Quote Post
Falconer
post Jul 27 2012, 09:31 PM
Post #25

Neophyte Runner

You don't bother to read rules do you Udoshi.

Half those things don't stack with each other for recoil comp. (p148 Arsenal).

You only have 6 points RC no matter how you slice and dice it.

Most GM's won't let you slide with skinlink as an accessory (it's built into the device; not something you attach to it). Unwired and arsenal both made it a modification for any electrical device. So depends on the GM there.

+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 07:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.