Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Question about Control Thoughts
nicktheviking
post Aug 10 2012, 07:29 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 15,863

Is an NPC under control thoughts able to act of their own accord, or are they just zombified and awaiting further instructions from the mage controlling them?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Krishach
post Aug 10 2012, 10:37 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 18,972

GM's may have a different take then mine, but...
QUOTE (SR4a pg 210)
The caster seizes control of the target’s mind, directing everything the target does. The caster mentally gives commands with a Simple Action and the target is compelled to obey.

Sure suggests robot to me. If the target has no control over their mind, then they aren't doing things of their own initiative. I've felt this is redundant with Control Action, with CA being slightly worse for less drain.

acting of their own accord spells include Influence and Control Emotion. There may be others I'm not thinking of too.

+Quote Post
Falconer
post Aug 10 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 13,662

Look at the lower drain "Mob Control" spell. That merely reduces the victims to spectators in their own bodies.

Control thoughts turns them into your new best friend and their own worst enemy. So yes I'd say it zombifies them mind and body.

+Quote Post
Neko Asakami
post Aug 11 2012, 01:34 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,450

The difference is Control Action allows them to act as they normally would when you're not directing them (SR4A, pg 210 "Controlling a target character requires the caster to spend a Simple Action; when not directly controlled, the victim may act as normal.") Control Thoughts does turn them into a robot (as quoted by Krishach), hence the higher drain.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.