Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Hopelessly Gimped? (combat-wise), Help w/ my con-girl infiltrator
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 12:39 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,107

So I've generally been one to play strikers, tanks, or the occasional healer, offensive finger waggler, or (in SR1 many moons ago) decker/hacker. Got a new game starting tomorrow and the team composition sounds pretty short on social skills and has most of the other roles at least double covered so I figured I'd tune up a con-girl infiltrator I'd worked up 90% of the way a month and a half ago or so.

Looking at her skills and dice pools I'm feeling a bit worried she's going to be relegated almost entirely to face duties when I'd kinda like her to be able to take a slightly more active role when things go sideways. She's still got a bit of work left on her gear and fleshing out her backstory and contacts. The biggest thing I'm worried about at this point is the lack of infiltration and dodge skills and the low dice pool for her offensive abilities, but I'm not really sure where I can free up BP to fix these or if I should.

Any suggestions/advice on the build or how to stop worrying and learn to love talking people to death?

[ Spoiler ]
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 12:59 AM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

You have 8 dice in pistols (semi-automatics), which combines with a smartgun system to give you ten DP for shooting stuff.
99% of foes aren't going to be matching your attack dice with their dodge, barring serious penalties dropping your attack. Heck, against most enemies you'll be getting around about double their dice-pool to hit them. As you're only getting 2 shots/turn with your single initiative pass you're going to need to make every hit count: Stick and shock (if allowed at your table) and Capsule rounds are both an excellent way to make the most out of the two bullets you're putting in the air.
I'd recommend keeping a breather or two of Jazz on your person at all times, just in case you get into a fight and need an edge over the opposition, and if you can afford them staying doped up on oxygenated flurocarbons is a good option for any runner.

EDIT: I'm playing a mundane character that's very similar right now. Protip: Gas grenades with (Pepper punch, breathtaker, name your poison), then disguised as perfume bottles can get anywhere. add the Gecko grip option for your smoke grenade (and likewise disguise it) and you'll be able to go to the toilet, stick the grenade somewhere it won't be noticed, walk out, then remote detonate it later if you need a distraction/to turn on the fire alarms.

Also, pick up a couple of micro cameras/mini-mikes and maybe 2 disposable commlinks other than your burn link. use your pickpocket specialization to plant whatever's appropriate on a target, then record his conversations/let him scout for you/record his 24 digit access PIN/be creative.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 01:24 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Thanks for the useful input!

I guess I'm just used to attack pools over 10 or 12 so far. I'd really like to be able to squeeze some type of decent active defense into this build, but the most likely spot for freeing up some BP to me (dropping the Influence group to 3) seems like it might start playing against her raison d' etre.

I'm actually just reworking her infiltration/B&E gear right now. I'll definitely be getting her some sensor RFIDs and a disposable link (her Airware is her legit link, the custom is her keeper black link). Had planned to get some more grenades (was thinking neuro-stun and flash-bangs), do you think Gecko is completely necessary or would some Cleen Tac serve the purpose well enough? I hadn't looked into stick-n-shock rounds previously but will definitely take a look.

Edit: Oooo! Stick-n-shock is pricey, but definitely beats the hell out of Gel rounds for a non-lethal option.

Any thoughts on the likelihood of getting my case-lined false bottom briefcase through your average corp security checkpoint w/ my broken down Savelette and ammo and a few grenades in vacuum seal or do you think this would require a social engineering approach?

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 01:53 AM
Post #4

Neophyte Runner

Cleen Tac should do the job most of the time... I just grabbed Gecko on mine because it seemed like a good idea at the time.
As to shooting pools being over 10-12... If it's not your specialty then 12 DP is enough to reliably hit most targets. I'd suggest that when you have the karma to spare you pick up automatics (assault rifles) 1 and grab an AK with smartgun, gas-vent 3, foregrip and a shock pad as your 'Prepping for a fight' weapon. SnS rounds only really need one hit to have an effect most of the time, so the ability to put out two wide short bursts (IE making it harder to dodge) without recoil is generally good enough.

Jazz and Cram are both great fall-back drugs, and if you're fine with the side effects then speedballing them will put you up to 3 IP for a short time... not something you want to make a habit of, but if it's a fight-or-lose situation then having the option open is not something you'll regret. My character doesn't as she's got synaptic boosters as a genetic enhancement, signed off by the GM. However, she does use 'Nopaint'. some other toys you'll want to pick up are: C-Squared disguised as a perfume container, Chemical cosmetics (Various), Slap patches loaded with pixie dust and laes cigarettes.

Less essential but still worth looking into: Slap patch full of party drug of choice (have it in your hand when you touch someone, and if you're even moderately lucky then within a few minutes you'll have a distraction. Use K-10 if you're after a bit more certainty, but it lacks style). Tranc patch at high rating (for when you need to clear the way for your buddies and don't want a trail of bodies). High end acid (for getting past any doors that refuse to be picked, deposing of inconvenient evidence, or as an improvised weapon).

Since you've already got pistols, consider grabbing a tazer with a laser sight. 100% legal, highly effective, and owning it won't raise any eyebrows at any but the highest security facilities (Pulling it out, on the other hand, may attract some attention). DP 7 might not sound like much, but it's better than nothing by a long way.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 02:13 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

I think she's actually got the ability to lay down a couple short bursts per round w/o recoil w/ her Savelette Guardian (GV3, electronic firing and personalized grip), albeit at shorter range, lower DV, and w/ a more frequent need to reload, but I'm definitely planning on picking up Automatics at some point in her future for either AR or SMG use.

I've got no philosophical issues w/ her speedballing personally but the crash seems like a pretty serious downer and I get the feeling the GM will wind up smacking me pretty hard w/ addiction checks. Still makes sense as an insurance policy like you mentioned for use only when things are looking really bad.

I like the party drug slap patches (K-10 would be awesome, seems like it could have some pretty hilarious but unpredictable, and potentially disastrous consequences) and had planned to add some tranq patches at some point along the line and spaced them.

Taser is going on the list as well.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Sep 9 2012, 02:23 AM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 17,566

For combat effectiveness, don't neglect the humble Flash-pack, or an offensive iball. Its a pretty harsh penalty.

Since you didn't distinguish between Positive and Negative qualities, I'm not sure how close you are to the limits or how many points you've spent on what, so some of this may not be advice you can use - especially since you're not keeping track of Way powerpoint discounts either.
Look at the Trustworthy and First Impression qualities. Surprised you don't have FI at least.

I would drop Facial Sculpt by one level. You can get that extra die on disguise back pretty easily, and you only need one level. 0.25 free.
Improved ability: etiquette isn't needed with 18 dice in it. Get rid of it. 0.25 more points free.
From there you have two options: Attribute Boost: Agility will help with both infiltration and shooting, and only costs you a simple action for the combat. That costs 0.25. Reaction boost also helps you not die. One point in boost lets you roll Magic+Boost, so you will get anywhere from 0 to 7 agility for the cost of one drain, which you can easily soak up.
Nimble Fingers is worth considering - +1 to palming and pickpocketing is nice, but the winner is in Reloading as Free Actions.
This lets you use bigger guns with smaller clips, so you pack more punch per shot. A ruger warhawk with ex-ex is 7p ap-3. Its worth considering.

The alternative is Rush, an adept power from War! It does cost 0.5 points, so you would need to free that up. It lets you get +1 passes at the cost of some physical drain at the end of the pass. With 2 passes, it would be four, resisted with 7 dice(body+will). unlike other initiative increasing things, this one stacks with other sources, and can be great if you need to pop drugs in a super emergency situation.

There is also the brute force approach. Drop Cool Resolve entirely(or reduce improved con somewhat), in addition to the reduced facial sculpt and improved etiquette.
That frees up 1 power point. Use that to get a point of Ware. Restricted gear for Muscle Toner 4. This nets you an agility of 7, and handily solves your shooting and infiltration problems at once. Toner 2 and tailored pheromones are good too. If you don't want to leave pheromones everywhere, the Enhanced Pheromone receptors(augmentation) gives social bonuses, and an olfactory booster(core book) can edit out the penalties. easy on the essence/cash too.

Reduce improved con, what?
Remember that language skills limit Social Skill Dice. Your Con 4(6) is going to get gimped down to 4 if you have to negotiate in japanese. Datajacks are nice for linguasoft 5's

Edit: Personally, in your situation, I would drop facial sculpt by 1, get rid of improved etiquette, and reduce some combination of cool resolve/improved con. Grab Attribute Boost: Agi, Nimble Fingers(it makes stealth slap patching as free actions rather funny), and Rush. If you get in combat in a bad way, Boost(simple), Rush(free), and Fire(simple) once. Find room for a quickdraw holster; they're cheap and threshold 2 is doable.
I would probably also try to find room for a Mentor Spirit. There are quite a few good ones for adepts. Cat helps with infiltration, Dragonslayer can help with con and fits in with your sense of justice. You can make up the loss of Improved Con in other ways.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 02:34 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Defiance EX Shocker is your friend. High damage, and can be used in Melee to boot.

Pixie dust slap patches may look like weak sauce compared to other Laes products, but I'd say that for a face it's one of the best things in the world: It only erases a tiny bit of memory (no more than half an hour iirc) and unlike every other Laes out there doesn't knock the target out. This means that if you FUBAR a con but sneak the slap patch on then you've effectively hit a reset button, and if you're clever about it then you can make it look like your target had an accident and you're helping them back to their feet or something (which can be used to explain away both lost memory and make you look like their friend. Win-Win). Of course this will only work with one or maybe 2 people being involved enough to hear and care about what's being said, so it isn't an 'I win' button if you piss off a gang or the like.

Oh, and forgot one crucial piece of advice: always carry one clip of capsule rounds filled with KE IV, just in case an insect spirit rears its ugly head. Be prepared, you know?

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Sep 9 2012, 02:35 AM
Post #8

Runner

Which book is pixie dust in, anyway?

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 02:38 AM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Sep 9 2012, 10:35 AM) *
Which book is pixie dust in, anyway?

Arsenal

EDIT: i was wrong, the memory loss is only 1d6 minutes... which is even better for overcoming a single social gaff or the like.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 03:31 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Udoshi:

Wow, lots of good build suggestions.

Unfortunately the text only sheet from Chummer doesn't include the power point discounts or quality details. I've currently got the Speaker's Way discounts on Improved Con and Kinesics and I'm maxed on negative qualities (Mild Media Junkie, Day Job, Thrill Seeker, Sensitive System, and SINner) w/ 20 points of positives (Adept, The Speaker's Way, and Privileged Family Name).

I was initially building this character around a totally non-violent (maybe a little overly ambitious given my proclivity for action as a player) impersonation infiltration approach w/ the Master of 1000 Faces power. It seems like it would be pretty powerful both from an impersonation and keeping a low profile perspective, but I'm not really sure if it winds up being worth so many of her power points.

You've got me contemplating trimming some of the influence and disguise power points in favor of physical/combat ones. Unless I rework my negative qualities, I think I'm going to need to forgo any essence impacting cyber/bioware though. I'm definitely going to take a look at reworking the power points a bit and checking her out w/ push and improved agility/agility boost and maybe taking con, negotiate, and etiquette a la carte to see if I can free up some space for infiltrate and/or dodge. How big of deal do you think losing leadership altogether would be? Really the only reason I went for the full skill group was to use commanding voice (it sounded nifty).

FuelDrop:
Pixie Patch sounds absolutely awesome. I can't decide if Chummer is building these correctly though. I started w/ a Slap Patch and added a dose of DMSO and a dose of Pixie Dust. Should the correct pricing be ¥51 a piece?

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 03:42 AM
Post #11

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 9 2012, 11:31 AM) *
FuelDrop:
Pixie Patch sounds absolutely awesome. I can't decide if Chummer is building these correctly though. I started w/ a Slap Patch and added a dose of DMSO and a dose of Pixie Dust. Should the correct pricing be ¥51 a piece?

As I understand it slap patches include DMSO built into the patch itself. so it should be 41 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) per unit.

but i could be wrong.

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Sep 9 2012, 03:49 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

Just a quick heads-up?

I don't know why, but Chummer is printing all yoru die pools for weapons 2 points higher than it should. For example, "Automatics" shows 0 ranks of skill, but a die pool of 4 ... on an Agility of 3. That should be a DP of 2. Or have I missed something somewhere?

Another point, I don't see any Smartlink vision mods. Smartguns require them to work.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 03:50 AM
Post #13

Moving Target

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Sep 8 2012, 10:42 PM) *
As I understand it slap patches include DMSO built into the patch itself. so it should be 41 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nuyen.gif) per unit.

but i could be wrong.

OK, cool. DMSO built into the patch makes sense, I'll check to make sure.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 03:53 AM
Post #14

Moving Target

QUOTE (_Pax._ @ Sep 8 2012, 10:49 PM) *
Just a quick heads-up?

I don't know why, but Chummer is printing all yoru die pools for weapons 2 points higher than it should. For example, "Automatics" shows 0 ranks of skill, but a die pool of 4 ... on an Agility of 3. That should be a DP of 2. Or have I missed something somewhere?

Another point, I don't see any Smartlink vision mods. Smartguns require them to work.

It's the Smartlink bonus. Until the most recent version Chummer displays it on the skills for all firearms if you've got one installed on any of your weapons. I need to go in and uncheck the box for displaying the bonus in the skills section. I only have it on so I had an easy one stop shop for the dice pool for the weapons I actually own and use (all which are smartlinked (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) )

She's got the Smartlink built into her monocle.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Sep 9 2012, 03:55 AM
Post #15

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

I would re-think being a dryad. Glamour is great for adding to your social dice pools, but radiating an unearthly presence completely undermines all of the resources you have invested towards disguise and impersonation.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 04:02 AM
Post #16

Moving Target

QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 8 2012, 10:55 PM) *
I would re-think being a dryad. Glamour is great for adding to your social dice pools, but radiating an unearthly presence completely undermines all of the resources you have invested towards disguise and impersonation.

How tough should that assening test wind up being and what specific negative does that carry outside of meta/magic hating settings? I was kind of assuming that there might be some magically active signature thrown out from her aura, but wouldn't she kind of be throwing some of that off anyways by virtue of her adapt powers? I hadn't noticed any mention of specific penalties in any of the descriptions.

+Quote Post
Udoshi
post Sep 9 2012, 04:03 AM
Post #17

Runner

QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 8 2012, 08:31 PM) *
Udoshi:

Wow, lots of good build suggestions.

I was initially building this character around a totally non-violent (maybe a little overly ambitious given my proclivity for action as a player) impersonation infiltration approach w/ the Master of 1000 Faces power. It seems like it would be pretty powerful both from an impersonation and keeping a low profile perspective, but I'm not really sure if it winds up being worth so many of her power points. You've definitely got me contemplating trimming some of the influence and disguise power points in favor of physical/combat ones.

Unless I rework my negative qualities, I think I'm going to need to forgo any essence impacting cyber/bioware though. I'm definitely going to take a look at reworking the power points a bit and checking her out w/ push and improved agility/agility boost and maybe taking con, negotiate, and etiquette a la carte to see if I can free up some space for infiltrate and/or dodge.

Thank you!

Disguise is fantastic. My most succesful runner was part of a non-lethal only team who pretty much embraced the fact that non-lethal options are actually pretty good fight enders compared to loadsabullets. They enjoyed a nice rep for being low-impact while still being high-skill.
And one of the star players on the team was just such an infiltration adept. He was able to impersonate pretty much ANYONE, get close, and let the rest of the team drop the hammer and put the plan into play. Tasers, gas, chemicals, explosives for distractions, hacking for diversions, etc all work great.

I would urge you not to drop that core concept. Its hella fun, and your team will LOVE you for your Negotiation tests for more pay.
One of our houserules that you might want to ask your GM about using for your game: Replace the Leadership skill in the Influence group with Intimidation. It makes so much more sense/is more useful that way, since intimidation is resisted with intimidation.

But just because you're playing a face, though, doesn't mean you have to have two agility and one pass. A little bit of fightyness for when the shit hits the fan is a good idea. If a negotiation goes bad, you're the first to get shot. (I'd probably aim for two passes, 5-6 agility and some bonuses, maybe with an autoinjector for ALL THE PASSES if things go really bad)

Regarding Cyberware: I noticed you have good hacking programs. If you want to get ware, but can't afford it at character creation, just take a datajack with a skinlink accessory for the essence hit - its super cheap, means you won't lose magic later, and let's you upgrade to ware you actually want in play. (I DO know a trick for getting loads of starting cash for this purpose, but I don't want to derail the thread because some people find it cheezy. It is)

Also, never use Improved Agility. Its not worth it. It's just not. Attribute boost is so much better in every way. .75 points or 1.5 to go past augmax is better spent on prettymuch anything else.

In terms of freeing up points, Dryads are 45. Elves are 30. You have 15 points of qualities left.
Manual surging instead of using the Metavariant should free up some extra points. Keep in mind that once you have surge, you can take metagenetic qualities over the surge-class-freebie-points against the limit.(changling qualities, runner's companion 73)
Thus:
Elf: +15
Surge 1: -5bp. +10 positive genetic for -5 negative genetic.
add Glamour. Normally 15, 10 is soaked up by Surge class I, an you pay the difference. -5
Add a fitting 5bp surge negative quality.
End result: +5 points. that's 25000Y in money, if you want ware. Cuts 5bp more into quality limits

Edit: Or you could surge ii instead.
Elf: +15.
Surge 2: -10 (20-for-10)
Glamour
5bp positive genetic here. Nasty Vibe for the intimidation bonus is a no-brainer
Symbiosis or 10bp negative metagenetic
End Result: +5bp, but it cuts 10 points into quality limits.

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Sep 8 2012, 07:34 PM) *
Defiance EX Shocker is your friend. High damage, and can be used in Melee to boot.

Agreed. Clubs(Improvised +2) is so, SO worth it if you ever have to pistolwhip anybody.

+Quote Post
Glyph
post Sep 9 2012, 04:15 AM
Post #18

Great Dragon

Member No.: 1,449

QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 8 2012, 09:02 PM) *
How tough should that assening test wind up being and what specific negative does that carry outside of meta/magic hating settings? I was kind of assuming that there might be some magically active signature thrown out from her aura, but wouldn't she kind of be throwing some of that off anyways by virtue of her adapt powers? I hadn't noticed any mention of specific penalties in any of the descriptions.

I'm not talking about assensing. I'm talking about the description of the quality - the unearthly grace, radiant countenance, soul-wrenching voice, people describing the character as angelic or fairy like and always responding to the character with awe and deference. Do you honestly think none of that stuff is conspicuous? At the very least, there is the last sentence, which says that the character is particularly memorable and suffers from Distinctive Style. And you can't really turn it off, either.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 04:16 AM
Post #19

Neophyte Runner

Just had a thought...

You have distinctive style (from glamour), which means you stand out in a crowd.
so... use this to your advantage. If you go into a place and make a harmless but attention-grabbing scene, then in theory the rest of your team should be able to slip past unnoticed.

after all, every negative quality is a positive quality waiting for someone with the imagination to pull it off.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

QUOTE (Udoshi @ Sep 8 2012, 11:03 PM) *
In terms of freeing up points, Dryads are 45. Elves are 30. You have 15 points of qualities left.
Manual surging instead of using the Metavariant should free up some extra points. Keep in mind that once you have surge, you can take metagenetic qualities over the surge-class-freebie-points against the limit.(changling qualities, runner's companion 73)
Thus:
Elf: +15
Surge 1: -5bp. +10 positive genetic for -5 negative genetic.
add Glamour. Normally 15, 10 is soaked up by Surge class I, an you pay the difference. -5
Add a fitting 5bp surge negative quality.
End result: +5 points.

I was initially trying to take this approach but couldn't get it to work in Chummer. Looks like it's just listed as Changeling. This alone opens up a significant number of of options (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I wouldn't mind just retaking Symbiosis for the negative (seems like it would be a cool RP hook), but the BP doesn't fit. Time to find some other suitable genetic mutation I spose (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Sep 9 2012, 04:21 AM
Post #21

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 9 2012, 12:15 AM) *
I'm not talking about assensing. I'm talking about the description of the quality - the unearthly grace, radiant countenance, soul-wrenching voice, people describing the character as angelic or fairy like and always responding to the character with awe and deference. Do you honestly think none of that stuff is conspicuous? At the very least, there is the last sentence, which says that the character is particularly memorable and suffers from Distinctive Style. And you can't really turn it off, either.

Glyph's right on the money, here.

"Glamour" and "Subtle" go together about as well as "Brick" and "Glass Window" .... which is to say this will not end well.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 04:24 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

QUOTE (Glyph @ Sep 8 2012, 11:15 PM) *

My thought there was that she's also got Nanopaste, Facial Sculpting, Keratin Control, Melanin Control, Voice Control and Master of 1000 Faces. I wasn't feeling particularly concerned that someone was struck w/ her unearthly beauty/grace/whatever since chances are she's going to be a significantly different unearthly charming person for each run (or potentially several per run if necessary). Showing her real face would be a pretty rare occurrence and would never occur while she was doing jobs. (Edit: I do need to make sure to add a few more SINs to her gear and a decent SIN forger as a contact though)

I really like the concept of the dryad from an RP perspective and the mechanical advantage of Glamour does seem very nice. I think I can make the disadvantages work, but I guess we'll see how bad of a challenge it turns out to be.

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 04:30 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Sep 8 2012, 11:16 PM) *
Just had a thought...

You have distinctive style (from glamour), which means you stand out in a crowd.
so... use this to your advantage. If you go into a place and make a harmless but attention-grabbing scene, then in theory the rest of your team should be able to slip past unnoticed.

after all, every negative quality is a positive quality waiting for someone with the imagination to pull it off.

I had actually been planning on using these tactics, in combination w/ the ability to very significantly change her physical appearance in pretty much all aspects.

Sometimes standing out/making a scene is a pretty decent way to manipulate people into doing what you want.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Sep 9 2012, 04:30 AM
Post #24

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Sid Nitzerglobin @ Sep 9 2012, 12:17 PM) *
I was initially trying to take this approach but couldn't get it to work in Chummer. Looks like it's just listed as Changeling. This alone opens up a significant number of of options (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

I would mind just retaking Symbiosis for the negative (seems like it would be a cool RP hook), but the BP doesn't fit. Time to find some other suitable genetic mutation I spose (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Mood hair is always fun for a neg quality, particularly for a face (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
I took it as one of mine and said that it regrows from being cut very quickly and rejects all but the best hair dye within a day or so. It tends to make the character's interactions more memorable, and can be used to tip off your team-mates if something is wrong and you can't say it openly (remember, with fiberoptic hair and the like it's not really that distinctive, and people only get the bonus if they already know you've got it).

+Quote Post
Sid Nitzerglobin
post Sep 9 2012, 04:37 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Sep 8 2012, 11:30 PM) *
Mood hair is always fun for a neg quality, particularly for a face (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) .
I took it as one of mine and said that it regrows from being cut very quickly and rejects all but the best hair dye within a day or so. It tends to make the character's interactions more memorable, and can be used to tip off your team-mates if something is wrong and you can't say it openly (remember, with fiberoptic hair and the like it's not really that distinctive, and people only get the bonus if they already know you've got it).

I was just looking at that one or Extravagant Eyes (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

I can always pop in some cosmetic contacts or do the temporary dye job when I need to impersonate someone physically (assuming Keratin Control and Master of 1000 Faces don't work).

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 30th April 2024 - 12:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.