IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Afghan Nuke!?, What's in it, and how much?
Tias
post Oct 22 2012, 02:55 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,824

Butch's comment about her fling with a Yakashima exec in the high threat response ambulance section in Augmentation is said to happen "after an Afghan Nuke too many"! What is in it, and is it any good? Even worse, does it imply that the neo-soviets lost a nuke in Afghanistan?

It's driving me crazy, feel free to give me all your crazy speculation!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post Oct 22 2012, 03:20 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

IRL that's a term for a certain weed mixture

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 22 2012, 03:30 PM
Post #3

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

It's probably either a narcotic substance or an alcoholic beverage.

Or a narcotic alcoholic beverage.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Oct 22 2012, 05:55 PM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

Considering Afghanistan's exports, it's probably something that involves Marijuana or Opium, but with "Nuke" involved, is more likely a drink.

Laudanum-laced drink, perhaps?

+Quote Post
almost normal
post Oct 22 2012, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Running Target

Group: Banned
Member No.: 18,961

I saw a hemp beer in the liquor store last week.

I could see pot brew catching on, but Afghan makes me think of opiates, and Nuke makes me think energy. Imma go with a opiate laced jager bomb.

+Quote Post
Manunancy
post Oct 23 2012, 06:00 AM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,940

which makes it a potentialy lethal combo as the energisers will stop working well before the opiates - which means you cn get a delayed overdose....

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Oct 23 2012, 08:41 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 53,300

QUOTE (Manunancy @ Oct 23 2012, 02:00 PM) *
which makes it a potentialy lethal combo as the energisers will stop working well before the opiates - which means you cn get a delayed overdose....

In other words, the perfect murder. It looks like a drug overdose, you can be half a world away before they keel over...

+Quote Post
Manunancy
post Oct 23 2012, 10:37 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,940

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 23 2012, 10:41 AM) *
In other words, the perfect murder. It looks like a drug overdose, you can be half a world away before they keel over...

Not that much as the two drugs are still degraded at their own rythm, which means a good forensic exam is likely to give the cops and approximated time of ingestion - you won't be around when they go down, but you can get in trouble for being around the victim when the cops determin they got dosed.

That sort of unhealthy mix is common enough amongst the ravers and other heavy partier scenes to be fairly well documented but quite rare outside of those circles. Which means most targets will have the cops wondering how exactly the victim got drugged in the first place. Most peoples going for that sort of high/low mux will use cafeine and alcool rather than cocaine/heroine (or their 2070 equivalent).

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Oct 23 2012, 10:42 AM
Post #9

Runner

Member No.: 948

QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 22 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Or a narcotic alcoholic beverage.

Or a nuclear alcoholic beverage with added narcotics and small isotope...

Nuka Cola anyone?

+Quote Post
ShadowDragon8685
post Oct 23 2012, 02:50 PM
Post #10

Horror

Member No.: 7,445

It glows because it uses real Radium!

Wouldn't a slow death be a nice change?

+Quote Post
Byrel
post Oct 23 2012, 03:34 PM
Post #11

Target

Member No.: 52,523

A glowing sword? Sounds like Actinium, which gives all sorts of eldritch powers!

+Quote Post
Tias
post Oct 24 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,824

I'm loving the isotope, though it will probably be illegal even in 2072 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Any idea as to the name? I'm liking the idea of Neo-Soviet nukes getting lost in the desert..

Manunancy and Fueldrop>> I've worked with substances for a long time, and in my opinion the "speedball" (cocaine/meth/speed + opiates/benzodiazepines) couldn't be a good murder weapon. If it kills, it does so rather quickly, as the rapid stimulant and rapid depressant reaction will stop the heart violently, as opposed to the slow death you see in overdoses. Wicked thinking, though, I'll give you that.

+Quote Post
The Jopp
post Oct 24 2012, 02:43 PM
Post #13

Runner

Member No.: 948

QUOTE (Tias @ Oct 24 2012, 02:31 PM) *
I'm loving the isotope, though it will probably be illegal even in 2072 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Any idea as to the name? I'm liking the idea of Neo-Soviet nukes getting lost in the desert..

Manunancy and Fueldrop>> I've worked with substances for a long time, and in my opinion the "speedball" (cocaine/meth/speed + opiates/benzodiazepines) couldn't be a good murder weapon. If it kills, it does so rather quickly, as the rapid stimulant and rapid depressant reaction will stop the heart violently, as opposed to the slow death you see in overdoses. Wicked thinking, though, I'll give you that.

Add some kind of inhibitor so that there is a timelap between the hit and it taking effect.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:24 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.