Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Afghan Nuke!?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Tias
Butch's comment about her fling with a Yakashima exec in the high threat response ambulance section in Augmentation is said to happen "after an Afghan Nuke too many"! What is in it, and is it any good? Even worse, does it imply that the neo-soviets lost a nuke in Afghanistan?

It's driving me crazy, feel free to give me all your crazy speculation!
Lionhearted
IRL that's a term for a certain weed mixture
ShadowDragon8685
It's probably either a narcotic substance or an alcoholic beverage.

Or a narcotic alcoholic beverage.
CanRay
Considering Afghanistan's exports, it's probably something that involves Marijuana or Opium, but with "Nuke" involved, is more likely a drink.

Laudanum-laced drink, perhaps?
almost normal
I saw a hemp beer in the liquor store last week.

I could see pot brew catching on, but Afghan makes me think of opiates, and Nuke makes me think energy. Imma go with a opiate laced jager bomb.
Manunancy
which makes it a potentialy lethal combo as the energisers will stop working well before the opiates - which means you cn get a delayed overdose....
FuelDrop
QUOTE (Manunancy @ Oct 23 2012, 02:00 PM) *
which makes it a potentialy lethal combo as the energisers will stop working well before the opiates - which means you cn get a delayed overdose....

In other words, the perfect murder. It looks like a drug overdose, you can be half a world away before they keel over...
Manunancy
QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Oct 23 2012, 10:41 AM) *
In other words, the perfect murder. It looks like a drug overdose, you can be half a world away before they keel over...

Not that much as the two drugs are still degraded at their own rythm, which means a good forensic exam is likely to give the cops and approximated time of ingestion - you won't be around when they go down, but you can get in trouble for being around the victim when the cops determin they got dosed.

That sort of unhealthy mix is common enough amongst the ravers and other heavy partier scenes to be fairly well documented but quite rare outside of those circles. Which means most targets will have the cops wondering how exactly the victim got drugged in the first place. Most peoples going for that sort of high/low mux will use cafeine and alcool rather than cocaine/heroine (or their 2070 equivalent).
The Jopp
QUOTE (ShadowDragon8685 @ Oct 22 2012, 03:30 PM) *
Or a narcotic alcoholic beverage.

Or a nuclear alcoholic beverage with added narcotics and small isotope...

Nuka Cola anyone?
ShadowDragon8685
It glows because it uses real Radium!

Wouldn't a slow death be a nice change?
Byrel
A glowing sword? Sounds like Actinium, which gives all sorts of eldritch powers!
Tias
I'm loving the isotope, though it will probably be illegal even in 2072 smile.gif Any idea as to the name? I'm liking the idea of Neo-Soviet nukes getting lost in the desert..

Manunancy and Fueldrop>> I've worked with substances for a long time, and in my opinion the "speedball" (cocaine/meth/speed + opiates/benzodiazepines) couldn't be a good murder weapon. If it kills, it does so rather quickly, as the rapid stimulant and rapid depressant reaction will stop the heart violently, as opposed to the slow death you see in overdoses. Wicked thinking, though, I'll give you that.

The Jopp
QUOTE (Tias @ Oct 24 2012, 02:31 PM) *
I'm loving the isotope, though it will probably be illegal even in 2072 smile.gif Any idea as to the name? I'm liking the idea of Neo-Soviet nukes getting lost in the desert..

Manunancy and Fueldrop>> I've worked with substances for a long time, and in my opinion the "speedball" (cocaine/meth/speed + opiates/benzodiazepines) couldn't be a good murder weapon. If it kills, it does so rather quickly, as the rapid stimulant and rapid depressant reaction will stop the heart violently, as opposed to the slow death you see in overdoses. Wicked thinking, though, I'll give you that.

Add some kind of inhibitor so that there is a timelap between the hit and it taking effect.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012