Reply to this topicStart new topic
> SRM04-00: Back in Business, Recruitment thread
Slacker
post Oct 25 2012, 06:12 PM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,776

Hoi Chummers. I've been out of the shadows for a couple years, but I'm sure you all know you can never truly escape them. The kickstarter campaigns for Shadowrun Returns and Shadowrun Online got me interested in running some SR once more. Still, I'm a bit rusty and would like to refamiliarize myself with the world of Shadowrun.

To that end, I'd like to start off with running the season 4 Shadowrun Missions for people here on dumpshock, starting with Back in Business. I'm looking for 4 to 5 characters using standard Build Point system rules with 400BP.

If you're interested, post a character concept here and I'd be happy to help with character creation for anybody that needs it. Feel free to ask me any questions you have. Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Oct 25 2012, 06:29 PM
Post #2

Running Target

Member No.: 19,241

I've never played or read any of Missions, so this could be fun. I'll give it a go (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 25 2012, 06:45 PM
Post #3

Runner

Previous I've run various groups through the first season of Shadowrun Missions and found them to be quite fun for all involved.

This one seems to be more of the same with two main plotlines that will weave through the different Missions. One involves the Ork Underground and another is tied to ancient artifacts with multiple interested parties (such as the Draco Foundation).

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Oct 25 2012, 08:48 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 38,733

I'll fill a hole. Don't have a preference on what type of character, so I'll wait to see what other folks are interested in playing and take whatever role is open.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 25 2012, 08:52 PM
Post #5

Runner

Sounds good taeksossin. The Shadowrun Missions are generally don't have any particular party requirements since you never know what you'll get at a convention game; but its certainly nice to have a well rounded group to have multiple options.

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Oct 25 2012, 09:11 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,252

Sounds fun, I'll take a shot at it. Maybe this time I'll even make a character that's not an ork. When do you want characters finalized by?

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 25 2012, 11:17 PM
Post #7

Runner

Well I'd like to get at least brief concept ideas from everybody in the next day or two. Then I'd be looking for finished characters sometime next week. The earlier the better. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Oct 25 2012, 11:30 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Okay, I'll think about it tonight on the way home from work.

+Quote Post
Forces In Motion
post Oct 25 2012, 11:47 PM
Post #9

Target

Member No.: 18,923

I have a character that I created for SR3 some time back that I never played...I could probably get him up to SR4 without too much trouble, the character concept might actually translate better anyway. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) He's a former Lone Star rigger who got into an accident and is now paralyzed below the waist. The trouble comes with making custom vehicles for him, though...should I go with R3 vehicle creation rules for those?

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 01:38 AM
Post #10

Runner

Sure you can use the Rigger3 rules for modifying vehicles and we'll work together to make sure its compatible with SR4.

+Quote Post
Kiirnodel
post Oct 26 2012, 09:47 AM
Post #11

Moving Target

Member No.: 56,316

I am interested in playing a Missions game. I recently started up a group to play live, but I'm just about the only one willing to run so I've been sort of itching to play. I have a character that I've already played a few missions adventures with (I got one of the CMP's in at GenCon but I had to play a pre-gen) and I went to a small convention where they were running some Season 3 missions.

Are you planning on running this with the intent to be full Missions play legal? or just to use the adventures as a leap-point? If possible I would like to keep my character legal for play just in case... I'm not sure what the policy is (or if there even is one) for playing a character on a play-by-post, and how it relates to a normal table. If anyone knows details I would be interested, even if I don't end up playing here.

If I can, I would rather play the same character I have already developed, but I can also make a new character if I need to.

My concept is a Giant Hippy, literally. He is a Giant (Troll Metavariant) magician (Wiccan tradition) who grew up in San Francisco. He's a pacifist, he prefers not to harm people (which is what leads to being a "hippy"). He is inspired by the Goddess (Great Mother) to avoid conflict and encourage growth and healing, and uses his gifts to try and bring a peaceful resolution. Because he grew up during the Japanese occupation of San Fran, he is not fond of the Japanese (particularly humans), but has learned to keep quiet about his mistrust of the meta-haters that tormented his childhood.

As I said, this character has played several scenarios already (6 from season 3, and one of the CMP's from Elven Blood) so he has a little experience and some gear to back him up. I'll be interested to find out what sort of restrictions there might be on my ability to play this character (if there are any...)

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 11:59 AM
Post #12

Runner

Hmm.... I like your character concept kiirnodel, but I'm not sure if pbp games are legal for SRMs. I'll message the missions coordinators and see if I can get an answer back quickly for you.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 02:41 PM
Post #13

Runner

Kiirnodel, I've send a message to the Missions coordinators. Hopefully, we'll hear something soon. I plan to follow all the standard game rules. So I would assume this play-by-post game would be legal. Go ahead and PM me about what rewards you've gotten in the missions games you've already played in if you don't mind.

All, looks like we've got a five player team, mister joshua, taeksosin, ChromeZephyr, Farces In Motion (rigger), and Kiirnodel (troll magician).

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Oct 26 2012, 03:09 PM
Post #14

Running Target

Well, I'm not bothered what I play. I'll come up with a concept for anything. So, as we have a 5 man team and only 2 (maybe) definite characters maybe we should try and cover all our bases?

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Oct 26 2012, 03:12 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

I'm thinking I'll go with a stab-n-shoot this time around. Russian immigrant who doesn't like taking orders if they're of no benefit to him as well, so no Vory membership for him. Keep him human, have him ride the cyberware express. Yeah, sounds about right. Character sheets in this thread for approval, Slacker?

Oh, there's no space in my handle, either. And I think it's Forces in Motion, though Farces does make a certain degree of sense if you're a fan of Terry Gilliam, neh? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 03:24 PM
Post #16

Runner

Lol, didn't even notice the typo.... I kind of like Farces In Motion. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

Anyway, you can either post character sheets here or simply send me a private message with them if you want to keep something secret.

+Quote Post
Dak
post Oct 26 2012, 03:42 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,396

I'll be an alt in case someone drops.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 03:50 PM
Post #18

Runner

Sounds good Dak. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
taeksosin
post Oct 26 2012, 05:20 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 38,733

Think I might try building an adept hacker for giggles, and leave Joshua with the face role? My thought is a hacker/stealth guy, bypassing maglocks and Ice with the greatest of ease. Maybe make him a throwing master too for grins.

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 05:25 PM
Post #20

Runner

I've considered making a character like myself before, though I never got around to doing it. I'll look forward to seeing what you come with taeksosin.

Does a Face work for you mister_joshua?

+Quote Post
mister__joshua
post Oct 26 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #21

Running Target

My favourite role (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Now, to think of a concept...

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 08:05 PM
Post #22

Runner

Sounds like we've got a nice well round team going here. I'm looking forward to seeing the character sheets everybody comes up with.

+Quote Post
Forces In Motion
post Oct 26 2012, 10:32 PM
Post #23

Target

Well, let's try this for a first run: female street samurai. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) I'm trying to puzzle out the rules for rigging, which seem to have gotten a lot more complex in SR4...so I'm gonna submit this one first to see what you think of her.

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Oct 26 2012, 10:46 PM
Post #24

Runner

She looks like a very capable Street Sam. I still like the idea of your rigger, but i understand if you want to go with this character instead.
One thing, in the background you mention she was jumped by 4 japanese men. I assume you meant chinese since the rest of the background describes them as Triads and not Yakuza.

+Quote Post
Forces In Motion
post Oct 26 2012, 10:49 PM
Post #25

Target

QUOTE (Slacker @ Oct 26 2012, 04:46 PM) *
She looks like a very capable Street Sam. I still like the idea of your rigger, but i understand if you want to go with this character instead.
One thing, in the background you mention she was jumped by 4 japanese men. I assume you meant chinese since the rest of the background describes them as Triads and not Yakuza.

Whoops! Good catch, and corrected. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 05:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.