Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Nanopaste Ratings?
DnDer
post Dec 29 2012, 01:51 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,906

Where would I find these? Our Face wants some for himself and the party.

SR4a says that the rating of a nanopaste disguise adds dice to a disguise test (p338). The table on the same page only lists the availability and price.

A quick search through the 4errata pdf didn't turn up a note about it, and I didn't see anything written about on a search through the DS forums. Has this been published or cited anywhere? I also didn't see notes about it under the Disguise skill, or the Using Disguise reference a few pages later.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Redjack
post Dec 29 2012, 02:05 AM
Post #2

Man Behind the Curtain

Group: Admin
Member No.: 3

The rules are the same as latex face masks
QUOTE (SR4a@pg338)
New disguises may be programmed with a rating equal to the hits on a Computer + Edit Test (max hits equals Disguise skill).  They may also be copied
from a biometric scan (rating equals scanner rating ).

+Quote Post
DnDer
post Dec 29 2012, 02:09 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 55,906

Oh! I misunderstood that part about rating.

It's been that kind of day...

+Quote Post
Bearclaw
post Dec 29 2012, 03:36 AM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 1,304

So the rules are clearly for impersonating someone else. What about if the point is to look like ANYONE else?

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Dec 29 2012, 03:38 AM
Post #5

Immortal Elf

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 14,465

"With a face like that, I'm not surprised you buy Nanopaste in bulk!"

Sorry, couldn't help it. Should have put that in the Quoteables. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
_Pax._
post Dec 29 2012, 04:17 AM
Post #6

Neophyte Runner

Group: Validating
Member No.: 51,818

QUOTE (Bearclaw @ Dec 28 2012, 10:36 PM) *
So the rules are clearly for impersonating someone else. What about if the point is to look like ANYONE else?

Funny thing: I've actually pondered a Face character who is ALWAYS in disguise - even what his fellow runners think is "really him", is in fact a disguise. Giving him, thus, the option to simply wipe the makeup off, and have an infinite-hits "disguise" for shaking a tail, going to ground, etc.

And I am seriously talking "the whole hog" - shoes to change height, weighted clothes to change apparent body mass, Melanin control adept power, that jigsaw-skull augment that lets you resculpt your face, fake cyberlimb(s), all of it. Throw in him being n Ork, and having Human-looking but then re-disguising himself as an Ork again.

Would be very fun to play, I think, in a deeply Black Trenchcoats campaign.

+Quote Post
NiL_FisK_Urd
post Dec 29 2012, 08:26 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 43,494

Exept that the jigsaw skull lights up in every (decent) cyberware scanner ^^

@OP: If you have access to spy games, use a Face Case. Costs much less than having to buy a ton of nanopaste.

QUOTE (SR4A @ p.338)
New disguises may be programmed with a rating equal to the hits on a Computer + Edit Test (max hits equals Disguise skill).  They may also be copied from a biometric scan (rating equals scanner rating ).
Last time i checked, biometric scanners had no ratings, but used the rating of the lock. How should this work?

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 08:12 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.