Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Nanopaste Ratings?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
DnDer
Where would I find these? Our Face wants some for himself and the party.

SR4a says that the rating of a nanopaste disguise adds dice to a disguise test (p338). The table on the same page only lists the availability and price.

A quick search through the 4errata pdf didn't turn up a note about it, and I didn't see anything written about on a search through the DS forums. Has this been published or cited anywhere? I also didn't see notes about it under the Disguise skill, or the Using Disguise reference a few pages later.
Redjack
The rules are the same as latex face masks
QUOTE (SR4a@pg338)
New disguises may be programmed with a rating equal to the hits on a Computer + Edit Test (max hits equals Disguise skill).  They may also be copied
from a biometric scan (rating equals scanner rating ).
DnDer
Oh! I misunderstood that part about rating.

It's been that kind of day...
Bearclaw
So the rules are clearly for impersonating someone else. What about if the point is to look like ANYONE else?
CanRay
"With a face like that, I'm not surprised you buy Nanopaste in bulk!"

Sorry, couldn't help it. Should have put that in the Quoteables. wink.gif
_Pax._
QUOTE (Bearclaw @ Dec 28 2012, 10:36 PM) *
So the rules are clearly for impersonating someone else. What about if the point is to look like ANYONE else?

Funny thing: I've actually pondered a Face character who is ALWAYS in disguise - even what his fellow runners think is "really him", is in fact a disguise. Giving him, thus, the option to simply wipe the makeup off, and have an infinite-hits "disguise" for shaking a tail, going to ground, etc.

And I am seriously talking "the whole hog" - shoes to change height, weighted clothes to change apparent body mass, Melanin control adept power, that jigsaw-skull augment that lets you resculpt your face, fake cyberlimb(s), all of it. Throw in him being n Ork, and having Human-looking but then re-disguising himself as an Ork again.

Would be very fun to play, I think, in a deeply Black Trenchcoats campaign.
NiL_FisK_Urd
Exept that the jigsaw skull lights up in every (decent) cyberware scanner ^^

@OP: If you have access to spy games, use a Face Case. Costs much less than having to buy a ton of nanopaste.

QUOTE (SR4A @ p.338)
New disguises may be programmed with a rating equal to the hits on a Computer + Edit Test (max hits equals Disguise skill).  They may also be copied from a biometric scan (rating equals scanner rating ).
Last time i checked, biometric scanners had no ratings, but used the rating of the lock. How should this work?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012