IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> The Xenomorph and the Cyberman, How does one deal with the other?
Stahlseele
post Jan 24 2013, 09:30 PM
Post #1

The ShadowComedian

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 13,525

OK, so i am watching Aliens Versus Predator(yes, i know bad idea)
And it kinda got me thinking about stuff(well, better late than never)

Everybody knows the Xenomorphs. The Black Beauty Killing Machine.
And most people know about the Spiderhand and the Wormburster.
And how one begets the other.

So here's a Question:
If a Character with both Lungs replaced by Infernal Air Tanks got a soothing Hug to the Face and a Squeeze to the Neck, would the Worm still burst?

discuss! ^^
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DnDer
post Jan 24 2013, 09:58 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 55,906

To answer the topic's main question... Wouldn't the cyberman just delete the xenomorph, acknowledging that even the efficient organic killing machine is not suitable to the perfection achieved by becoming a cyberman?

+Quote Post
Iduno
post Jan 24 2013, 10:03 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 10,812

I believe the alien is implanted somewhere between the throat and stomach, so lung modifications shouldn't affect it. I do not know if there is a cannon explaination of the lifecycle.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 24 2013, 10:58 PM
Post #4

The ShadowComedian

Not a Dr.Who Cyberman.
A Shadowrun cybered Man.

And the Hand implants the Egg into a Lung, as far as i know.

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Jan 25 2013, 12:02 AM
Post #5

Runner

Member No.: 18,611

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 25 2013, 05:30 AM) *
Everybody knows the Xenomorphs. The Black Beauty Killing Machine.
And most people know about the Spiderhand and the Wormburster.

Took me a second to realize what those things are, I've always heard of them as the facehugger and the chestburster. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) Are the names above German translations?

I think I remember them saying in the first movie that it had lodged an egg in the trachea somewhere, then the thing hatched and moved into the chest cavity to burrow out. Need to watch it again...

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 25 2013, 12:51 AM
Post #6

The ShadowComedian

No, not german names.
My names for fragging horrorthings x.x

I can deal with the big black shiney killing machines . .
But the other two freak me the fuck out x.x

+Quote Post
Tanegar
post Jan 25 2013, 12:55 AM
Post #7

Runner

Member No.: 9,731

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 24 2013, 07:51 PM) *
I can deal with the big black shiney killing machines . .
But the other two freak me the fuck out x.x

...which was exactly H.R. Giger's intent. The man knows his body horror.

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 25 2013, 12:58 AM
Post #8

The ShadowComedian

I have no idea why people are actually freaked out by things like the Black Xenomorph, the Terminator and subsequently the Warbeast from Deathmachine . . Which is, basically, a Mix between Alien and Terminator . .
I'm afraid i would have made a good scientist for both OCP and Wayland Yutani . .

+Quote Post
toturi
post Jan 25 2013, 04:25 AM
Post #9

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

QUOTE (Stahlseele @ Jan 25 2013, 05:30 AM) *
So here's a Question:
If a Character with both Lungs replaced by Infernal Air Tanks got a soothing Hug to the Face and a Squeeze to the Neck, would the Worm still burst?

discuss! ^^

If the character is breathing Infernal Air, then he is unlikely to be fazed by any of the above. Likely the chesterbuster and facehugger would be burnt by hellfire or its infernal equivalent. Hell, he could just kiss the queen and she could combust.

Infernal Cyber-man? Hell yeah!

+Quote Post
Shaidar
post Jan 25 2013, 08:06 AM
Post #10

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,262

Best Xenomorph site I could find.

The respected theory has the embryo lodge in the chest cavity near a vein/artery and not in the esophagus/larynx.

So the aforementioned Internal Air Supply 'ware would lessen the chances/duration of ty comatosed state during implantation. The various Bone Lacing varieties might force the Chestburster to re-route around the Ribcage and increase the pain/damage incurred by the Host, as would Dermal Plating/Sheathing. Someone with an implanted Biomonitor and Blood Circuit Control System could make the host a very unpleasant environment for the embryo to gestate within.

Mixing Bioware into the equation is where things get very interesting. Bone Density Aug may have similar results to Bone Lacing cyber', while Orthoskin would be analogous to Dermal Cybermods. Digestive Expansion could conceivably shorten the in-host incubation time as there is a larger variety of minerals within the host, while Dietware could lengthen the incubation time as the embryo is starved right along with the host.

The real danger comes from the realm of Genetic Augmentation, some varieties of Bioware also share this extreme danger. Imagine a Xenomorph able to wield modern firearms because it's latest surrogate parent possessed a Firearms Skill Group Reflex Recorder and the Reakt, along with Heat & Cold Gene-Augmentations. You begin to see the inherent weaknesses of the species greatly diminished within a generation or two.

The only technological salvation comes from the science of Nanotechnology, primarily in the form of Nano-Biomonitor and TSC modification.

Best case scenario as far as tech toys is concerned would be to combine the Nanoware Nano-Biomonitor/TSC, Cyberware Blood Circuit Control System, and Bioware Dietware. Throw in a dreck hot Medtech/Hacker and humanity might have a chance against the Xenomorph.

+Quote Post
Medicineman
post Jan 25 2013, 08:41 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,015

I've always heard of them as the facehugger and the chestburster. Are the names above German translations?

Nope, even we Germans call them Facehugger and Chestburster
Its just Stahlseele's ....Translation (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

with a Dance on LV 426
Medicineman

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 25 2013, 08:47 AM
Post #12

The ShadowComedian

QUOTE (toturi @ Jan 25 2013, 05:25 AM) *
If the character is breathing Infernal Air, then he is unlikely to be fazed by any of the above. Likely the chesterbuster and facehugger would be burnt by hellfire or its infernal equivalent. Hell, he could just kiss the queen and she could combust.

Infernal Cyber-man? Hell yeah!

And you are the first to notice that one.
This time the typo was actually intended ^^

How does the Egg get into the Chest-Cavity through the mouth/neck then?

+Quote Post
Lionhearted
post Jan 25 2013, 03:03 PM
Post #13

Shooting Target

Member No.: 7,310

QUOTE (Tanegar @ Jan 25 2013, 01:55 AM) *
...which was exactly H.R. Giger's intent. The man knows his body horror.

I got an enormous amount of contempt for that man, not because of his works or methods. But because he's a pompous self-important twat, a talented twat maybe... A perverted talented twat (check out his personal portfolio online, it's worse then fan slash fiction) But a twat nevertheless.... *sigh* Art and culture studies leaves it's marks...

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Jan 25 2013, 03:06 PM
Post #14

The ShadowComedian

Furthermore, according to Wikipedia, he had the IDEAS for these Things . .
But the actual DESIGNS were done by other people, because his looked so silly people started laughing at him . .

+Quote Post
Mach_Ten
post Jan 25 2013, 03:24 PM
Post #15

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 70,521

Face huggers apparently were able to detect living vs non-living hosts in order to be able to find the best chance of survival for it's offspring.

this was apparently done on contact with a potential victim by sensing for a breath before or during "hugging"

I'd imagine cyber lungs would prove to be unsuitable for this and the hugger would detach and slope off.

Secondly if that did not prove deterrent enough, and the cybered man only had internal air cannister lungs
(no full throat and other parts replacement)
the he's screwed,

basically the hugger covers your face to smother you to unconsciousness ... so that it can impant you safely without being interrupted.

I would imagine that being VERY painful to endure if you are awake, as your lungs are internal !!

the Chest burster is not implanted in the lungs, only in the chest cavity, so it'd be quite happy until gestation.

so, the only way to survive would be a full throat and lung replacement, making you robot (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wobble.gif)

+Quote Post
phlapjack77
post Jan 25 2013, 03:40 PM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 18,611

Interesting point - the facehugger works by wrapping it's tail around the victim's throat, all but suffocating them (as seen in Alien). When people try to remove the facehugger from the victim, it tightens it's grasp, causing removal attempts to stop rather than risk suffocation or a crushed windpipe.

So if you don't need to breath through your mouth/nose, others can remove the facehugger whenever they want, as long as they do it in a timely fashion (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Shaidar
post Jan 26 2013, 06:05 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,262

And don't attempt to cut the facehugger. Acidic blood would be goo to keep in the buggers veins.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.