IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Recruitment: Another Shadowrun 5 game starting, Witty name for the campaign coming soon
imperialus
post Jul 11 2013, 03:33 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 769

Sorry all we're kinda full up now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Pretty much what it says on the tin.

A couple notes about my GMing style.

I work in a middle ground between pink mowhawk and black trenchcoat. Generally speaking, as long as you aren't too obvious you shouldn't get hassled. Co-operation between corp sec. and Knight Errant is almost non existent, and the cops corrupt enough that you should be able to buy your way out of most trouble, as long as you don't make too big of a scene.

I tend to be most comfortable working in the 'meat world'. Not to say 'don't play a mage or a decker' but I'd rather have 3 street sams in a team than 3 mages.

As the core book has just come out I'll be keeping it pretty traditional, at least for the first run.

I should be able to do daily (or more) updates for quick things (like combat rounds or back and forth conversations) bigger updates like scene changes and the like will likely be within 3-4 days. If I don't hear from you in two weeks without notice I'll let someone take over as an alternate. If it's during combat, and you need to make a roll to soak damage or something I'll give you a day and then just make the roll for you, just to keep things moving. Otherwise I've found that Shadowrun games can really bog down during fights since they rely on so much back and forth rolling. Only other roll I'll ever make on behalf of your character is initiative. When the drek hits the fan I'll roll for everyone at once otherwise we'll be taking a week just to get the initiative order sorted.

Other than that, it's the standard use invisible castle, mark it under your character and campaign name, blah, blah, blah.

If possible, I like to try and come up with a rough 'theme' for the team to explain why they work together. Best way I've found to do this is to get you, the players to pick one character that has already been posted above you and explain how you know them. You don't have to be 'besties' but, some sort of connection makes my life a lot easier.

Just like in Slacker's game you can either do a basic writeup, for your character background, or answer the 20 questions

[ Spoiler ]

Only other thing is regarding qualities:
1) Don't take a quality that has zero bearing on your character. Don't be a 'scorched' mage, or a 'codeblocked' street sam or anything silly like that. That makes me grouchy.
2) Don't be too afraid of negative qualities, I tend not to use them as a 'screw you' button. I see them as an opportunity to drive the story, especially things like Dependents, SIN's ect.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jul 11 2013, 03:37 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

I'm in! I'll likely do a physical adpet or maybe a face.

+Quote Post
Raiden
post Jul 11 2013, 05:13 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 53,120

I would be up for it. Getting the core book within a day or so.

Edit. Wanna try the new technomancer or mystic adept

+Quote Post
Slacker
post Jul 12 2013, 01:07 PM
Post #4

Runner

Member No.: 5,776

Right now I am leaning towards the face character. I like the flavor of the new variants of SINner. I have this idea for a character that was born into a megacorp family with a full Corporate SIN, but when he was a teenager another corp was able to convince him to get extracted. He agreed to it because of the shiny signing bonus not realizing that he would only ever be a middle manager with a limited corporate SIN at the new corp. By the time he realized that, it was too late and the original corp didn't want anything to do with him (unless it included a bullet to his head). After years of working for the corp that poached him, repeatedly hitting the glass ceiling of his Limited Corp SIN, he finally got frustrated enough to have a go in the Shadows and just tell the corps to go to hell.

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Jul 12 2013, 01:39 PM
Post #5

Shooting Target

QUOTE (Slacker @ Jul 12 2013, 07:07 AM) *
Right now I am leaning towards the face character. I like the flavor of the new variants of SINner. I have this idea for a character that was born into a megacorp family with a full Corporate SIN, but when he was a teenager another corp was able to convince him to get extracted. He agreed to it because of the shiny signing bonus not realizing that he would only ever be a middle manager with a limited corporate SIN at the new corp. By the time he realized that, it was too late and the original corp didn't want anything to do with him (unless it included a bullet to his head). After years of working for the corp that poached him, repeatedly hitting the glass ceiling of his Limited Corp SIN, he finally got frustrated enough to have a go in the Shadows and just tell the corps to go to hell.

I like it. Yeah, those new SIN rules are pretty cool.

+Quote Post
JonathanC
post Jul 12 2013, 05:19 PM
Post #6

Running Target

Member No.: 3,083

I'd love to give SR5 a shot - I'm pretty open to character types. I'm leaning towards a decker, but if the group ends up without a street sam I could go in that direction as well.

+Quote Post
RelentlessImp
post Jul 13 2013, 04:30 AM
Post #7

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,020

Just got through reading the SR5 core; I'd love to give this a shot. Currently thinking a Corp-born Dwarf Shaman kid guided by the whispers of Cat to sneak out from the Corporate bubble and experience life and secrets in the gritty world beyond the clean, sterile atmosphere of corporate life.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 13 2013, 07:09 AM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 127,215

still reading through SR5. was going to say decker but it looks like you got a couple of people aiming at it already. It seems they can do some pretty cool things now.

So.... Never done a rigger before (after a decade of playing) Meet Breaker, unofficial owner of breaker's body shop, mechanic, pilot, civil deconstruction engineer, and part time stock jockey.

+Quote Post
Moirdryd
post Jul 13 2013, 10:21 AM
Post #9

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,944

I'm quite tempted. Only done a few SR play by forum games before and was magical in every one, so I think here that old love of the Street Sam calling me (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) . May have a go a re-visualizing my first ever SR character.

Got a long shift at work today and tomorrow but shall begin putting stuff together.

+Quote Post
Trigger
post Jul 13 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #10

Running Target

Member No.: 10,215

I might be interested in this as well. The new system looks like fun and it would be nice to give it a shot. I might try converting my drug-smuggling, Ork Underground courier Physical Adept or maybe my namesake and first runner, Trigger, the hot headed combat mage....

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Jul 13 2013, 01:18 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Hey all... So this took off while I was sleeping (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif) and I think we're full up.

I got a PM earlier last night looking to join as well, so I'll probably have to cut it off after Slide.

So right now, we are looking at:

Slacker: Physad and/or Face
Raiden: Technomancer and/or Mystic Adept (though I guess that's more of an or since technos and wizardy types don't mix)
JohnathanC: Decker and/or Street Sam
Mr. Juan: ???
RelentlessImp: Dwarf Shaman
Slide: Rigger
Moirdryd and Trigger, I'll have to put you in as alternates for now (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

The team is looking good so far. I'm going to be at work, and then the in-laws all day so other than checking the thread on my phone I'll be out of touch, but I'll leave it to you guys to get the team assembled. If timing works well I'll aim for getting the first IC post up by Wednesday.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 13 2013, 04:52 PM
Post #12

Moving Target

cool, putting together a character. For some reason the book has no tool kits, or shops for purchase. Any suggestions on how I should proceed with the build/repair line work?

Edit: Nevermind they are just hidden.

+Quote Post
RelentlessImp
post Jul 13 2013, 06:22 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Csilla Herceg, aka "Paws-in-Shadows"
[ Spoiler ]

Questionnaire
[ Spoiler ]

Short Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Identities
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Mister Juan
post Jul 13 2013, 09:15 PM
Post #14

Prime Runner

Member No.: 7,129

Glad to be aboard (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)
So, what do we need? I can pretty much cook up anything before the end of the day. Right off the bat, I can already say I haven't finished reading the Magic section, so I won't dip into the awakened pool. Technomancers are my thing either, so that's out.

Depending on what the team needs I can probably roll up a Decker (yay! the term is back!) or a Brick/Street Sam. I guess I can be whatever JohnathanC isn't... although making a "pair" of Decker might be very interesting.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 13 2013, 10:38 PM
Post #15

Moving Target

QUOTE (Mister Juan @ Jul 13 2013, 09:15 PM) *
Depending on what the team needs I can probably roll up a Decker (yay! the term is back!) or a Brick/Street Sam. I guess I can be whatever JohnathanC isn't... although making a "pair" of Decker might be very interesting.

Reading everything that a decker can do now it seems like you would have one very frantic chip head durring combat. Jamming enemie comms, shutting down cyberware, detonating enemy gernades, defending your team's cyber/PAN/Tacnet, Marking enmy drones for your rigger to take control of, protecting your rigger's drones(Wink Wink), Painting hostiles with Aros so there are no suprises durring combat. Lots of options for the decker now, and I hope it really helps people not feel like they have to go on a seperate adventure while playing a decker.

+Quote Post
Mister Juan
post Jul 14 2013, 12:09 AM
Post #16

Prime Runner

Member No.: 7,129

Having thought about it properly, I think I'll leave the Decker character to someone else (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif) As much as I'd like to try my hand at it, I'm really curious about seeing how the new character creation system handles cybered up characters. So yea, I'll soon introduce George Earnest. Background should be up before tonight. Just so everyone knows, I'm going for the "durability" approach over the "speed" one. So yea, we probably won't be the fastest, but I'll try to build him in a way he can take massive amount of punishment.

+Quote Post
RelentlessImp
post Jul 14 2013, 12:28 AM
Post #17

Moving Target

Hooray, my tiny ass will have a brick to hide behind.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 14 2013, 01:34 AM
Post #18

Moving Target

I imagine it would be sorta like this.
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=467...e=1&theater

+Quote Post
Raiden
post Jul 14 2013, 03:31 AM
Post #19

Moving Target

Ill get my mysadept up and running soon. background will be a while in coming as I havent picked one just yet. stats should be done.. by tomorrow night.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 14 2013, 07:22 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

This is Breaker in Excel

Excel Sheet

I will have a background up in a day or so. It looks like i'm gonna be one of the few who isn't a bonafied sinner.

+Quote Post
imperialus
post Jul 14 2013, 03:45 PM
Post #21

Shooting Target

Looking good so far guys! Shaping up to be a good team. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Raiden
post Jul 14 2013, 05:07 PM
Post #22

Moving Target

I will take corp sin... ex-red Sam sounds interesting

+Quote Post
RelentlessImp
post Jul 14 2013, 06:07 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 13 2013, 10:31 PM) *
Ill get my mysadept up and running soon. background will be a while in coming as I havent picked one just yet. stats should be done.. by tomorrow night.

Just remember Bull's said Mystic Adepts are at the wrong cost for Karma to PP. From here:

6) Chargen

Mystic Adepts are the wrong cost. For the time being, assume they are 5 Karma for a Power Point instead of 2. This may and likely will be superseded when the official SR5 Errata is released.

Dwarves have Thermovision.

Trolls pay double lifestyle cost, but do not pay +50% equipment cost.

All other Chargen rules should apply as usual.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 14 2013, 06:16 PM
Post #24

Moving Target

QUOTE (Raiden @ Jul 14 2013, 05:07 PM) *
I will take corp sin... ex-red Sam sounds interesting

Your a Samurai? So can you get me a Katana? I mean a real one, cause... that's what shadowrunners do.

+Quote Post
Raiden
post Jul 14 2013, 06:21 PM
Post #25

Moving Target

QUOTE (RelentlessImp @ Jul 14 2013, 01:07 PM) *
Just remember Bull's said Mystic Adepts are at the wrong cost for Karma to PP. From here:

We are using this instead of the books ruling? if so I need to know. I haven't seen anything on this thread about it sorry if I overlooked the GMs ruling.

+Quote Post

8 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 01:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.