IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Breaching protocol 101, How to enter a room.
FuelDrop
post Jul 11 2013, 10:24 PM
Post #1

Neophyte Runner

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,300

Our next run looks to be up against heavy opposition, with us badly outnumbered and probably out-gunned. I have already shared how we intend to beat the target's external defenses, but once we're inside we'll need to deal with more elite thugs, possibly drones, and subduing our target and bringing him out alive.
Obviously, this means that we absolutely MUST go in non-lethal, as killing our target by accident would be really embarrassing.

Our assets are a master sniper (who'll be fielding a shotgun for this mission), a manipulation mage (who'll be focused on buffing the others and battlefield control, and doubles as our grenadier, and an unknown third who's probably an unarmed physical adept troll. Extraction is being hand-waved as being handled by the character who's player couldn't make it.

Does anyone have any tips on how to pull this off? here's my current thinking:
1) lay down gun turrets to defend our flank, or at the very least micro-cameras/motion sensors to warn us when hostiles are on their way.
2) Breach, grenade, enter. Switch between flashbang, tear gas and neurostun splash so that if their defenders are watching us on camera they still don't know for certain what we'll do. Breaching is going to be either shotgun rounds or commercial explosives on locked doors.
3) move fast. reinforcements are 15 minutes away so we've no time to waste.
4) a spirit will be waiting in the wings to take anyone who falls and is not revived to a safe location. Thinking of Air, but that's not set in stone.
5) Wedging doors open or closed to make it harder for goons to wander around and flank us, or get their boss safely out of the house.

Suggestions?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Umidori
post Jul 11 2013, 10:41 PM
Post #2

Runner

Member No.: 18,115

*shifty eyes*

Uhh...

...bouncy balls?

~Umi

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 11 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #3

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 12 2013, 06:41 AM) *
*shifty eyes*

Uhh...

...bouncy balls?

~Umi

I wish. the stinger grenades out of SWAT 4 would be so useful in this situation.

You listening, Catalyst?

+Quote Post
Shemhazai
post Jul 11 2013, 10:42 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,835

Astral overwatch. Don't be so reluctant to use deadly force. See if you can eliminate those wards so your buffs don't have to fight them when your team enters buildings.

+Quote Post
ChromeZephyr
post Jul 11 2013, 10:44 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 2,252

Carpet bomb the area with Slab for 5 minutes, waltz in, grab target, waltz out to waiting getaway vehicle. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
KarmaInferno
post Jul 12 2013, 12:07 AM
Post #6

Old Man Jones

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,699

QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 11 2013, 06:41 PM) *
*shifty eyes*

Uhh...

...bouncy balls?

~Umi

250000 BOUNCY BALLS

-k

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 12 2013, 02:59 AM
Post #7

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (KarmaInferno @ Jul 12 2013, 08:07 AM) *

So how am I supposed to carry in and deploy 250000 bouncy balls inside the house, exactly?

+Quote Post
kzt
post Jul 12 2013, 04:03 AM
Post #8

Great Dragon

Member No.: 9,234

Your going to alert the target with your phase 1, then assault the house outnumbered at least 3:1 as phase 2? A fully wired up and hardened house? So when you charge into the house and they set off a claymore mine behind the decorative folding paper room divider your plan is what? Lay there and bleed a lot?

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 12 2013, 04:39 AM
Post #9

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (kzt @ Jul 12 2013, 12:03 PM) *
Your going to alert the target with your phase 1, then assault the house outnumbered at least 3:1 as phase 2? A fully wired up and hardened house? So when you charge into the house and they set off a claymore mine behind the decorative folding paper room divider your plan is what? Lay there and bleed a lot?

Of course not. That's the troll's job.

+Quote Post
Umidori
post Jul 12 2013, 06:53 AM
Post #10

Runner

You might want to bring help. Drones, mercs, abducted hobos shot full of K-10, something.

~Umi

+Quote Post
Shrike30
post Jul 12 2013, 08:28 AM
Post #11

Runner

Member No.: 98

The twelfth time or so that some dude delivers pizza to their place, they're gonna send someone out to investigate...

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 12 2013, 08:48 AM
Post #12

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Umidori @ Jul 12 2013, 02:53 PM) *
abducted hobos shot full of K-10, something.

~Umi

I like that one. sold.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jul 12 2013, 09:43 AM
Post #13

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

Our assets are a master sniper (who'll be fielding a shotgun for this mission)

*opens his mouth to say something, closes it and shakes his head as he lays a small book by Sun Tzu on the floor and just walks away*

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 12 2013, 11:05 AM
Post #14

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 12 2013, 05:43 PM) *
Our assets are a master sniper (who'll be fielding a shotgun for this mission)

*opens his mouth to say something, closes it and shakes his head as he lays a small book by Sun Tzu on the floor and just walks away*

Tell me about it. Our GM has assured us that there are no sniper vantages within range. Anyway, he volunteered.
All in all, this mission is stacking up to be a total disaster. Should be fun!

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jul 12 2013, 11:13 AM
Post #15

Runner

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jul 12 2013, 07:05 AM) *
Tell me about it. Our GM has assured us that there are no sniper vantages within range. Anyway, he volunteered.
All in all, this mission is stacking up to be a total disaster. Should be fun!

Sorry.. I was just questioning why a sniper would take a shotgun. Nothing wrong with a shotgun, but as a sniper why wouldn't he take an assault rifle or something more similar to his strengths than the shotgun.

It's sort of like having Gordon Ramsey come out to your home to cook and because he doesn't have his own fancy kitchen to use, he skips using YOUR kitchen and uses a kiddie Bake Lite muffin oven.

As to the scenario Honestly you need to take page from Sun Tsu and change the terrain you are fighting in. He is all tucked away in the bunker, you have to give him a reason to come out whether its burn the building to the ground, back up the sewage drain from the building and pump it back into the building, nothing says **** like geysers out of the loo or use a lure he can not pass up on.

+Quote Post
FuelDrop
post Jul 12 2013, 11:20 AM
Post #16

Neophyte Runner

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 12 2013, 07:13 PM) *
Sorry.. I was just questioning why a sniper would take a shotgun. Nothing wrong with a shotgun, but as a sniper why wouldn't he take an assault rifle or something more similar to his strengths than the shotgun.

Shotguns use longarms, the same skill as sniper rifles. Yup, one trick pony.
As to the scenario Honestly you need to take page from Sun Tsu and change the terrain you are fighting in. He is all tucked away in the bunker, you have to give him a reason to come out whether its burn the building to the ground, back up the sewage drain from the building and pump it back into the building, nothing says **** like geysers out of the loo or use a lure he can not pass up on.

So tempting... however, burning the building down may attract more heat than an all out assault. See, these guys are linked to organized crime and that's their likely first call for response...
who would rock up at the same time as the cops and fire department...
I think we just got plan G.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
DWC
post Jul 12 2013, 11:26 AM
Post #17

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

Burn down the building across the street. Slip onto the roof of the target building and shoot a KE officer while everyone is dealing with the fire. The police will storm the place and rescue your target. Then you just have to show up and con the cops into releasing him to your custody, as a family member in the area.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jul 12 2013, 11:37 AM
Post #18

Runner

QUOTE (FuelDrop @ Jul 12 2013, 07:20 AM) *
Shotguns use longarms, the same skill as sniper rifles. Yup, one trick pony.
point taken, but I would probably have leaned more to a hunting rifle still, just for the feel. Again, personally I am all about the shotgun, but it's a different feel than the sniper/hunting rifle, but I guess its down to personal taste.

So tempting... however, burning the building down may attract more heat than an all out assault. See, these guys are linked to organized crime and that's their likely first call for response...
who would rock up at the same time as the cops and fire department...
I think we just got plan G.
(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

DWC above has how to follow through on the burning down option, but it is a 'hot' response so maybe not what you want.

But sewer? oooh.. better call the Don, the toilets are overflowing.

Yeah I would love to be on the other end of that call and see the Don's face. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

If an active attack will draw unwanted attention, make it look like an act of God or in this case the Department of Sanitation.

Ok, maybe not this particular idea but am sure something better can present itself.

+Quote Post
Umidori
post Jul 12 2013, 02:01 PM
Post #19

Runner

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Jul 12 2013, 04:37 AM) *
point taken, but I would probably have leaned more to a hunting rifle still, just for the feel. Again, personally I am all about the shotgun, but it's a different feel than the sniper/hunting rifle, but I guess its down to personal taste.

I dunno, if you're going with slug rounds rather than shot you've essentially got a really high caliber rifle.

That said, they're breaching a compound and extracting someone. This is the perfect place for a shotgun. Sniper overwatch is fine and dandy if you're not in close quarters, but in this case the best the sniper could do was cover their entrance and their exit. Everything else happening inside, they'd be a man down. The shotgun is the way to go.

~Umi

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 13 2013, 06:24 AM
Post #20

Moving Target

Member No.: 127,215

1) Hack their refrigerator, stove, oven, and anything else that could store or fix food.
2) Wait for them to order Chinese.
3) intercept food delivery
4) Have a patsy walk in the front door with nurostun grenades in the bags.
5) Profit.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jul 13 2013, 06:28 AM
Post #21

Runner

QUOTE (Slide @ Jul 13 2013, 02:24 AM) *
1) Hack their refrigerator, stove, oven, and anything else that could store or fix food.
2) Wait for them to order Chinese.
3) intercept food delivery
4) Have a patsy walk in the front door with nurostun grenades in the bags.
5) Profit.

PLUS you get to eat FREE Chinese since the baddies probably had to pay in advance for a delivery to that part of town. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 13 2013, 06:35 AM
Post #22

Moving Target

you don't even have to share with the patsy, he's probably gonna be out for awhile.

+Quote Post
Slide
post Jul 13 2013, 06:48 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Now I'm not too sure how long you guys have to get ready for this run but there are also a few tactics that I like to use for extractions. First off this sounds like a hostile extraction. You can try to find a way to turn it into a friendly extraction.(i.e. Some form of extortion to make your mark want to leave with you.)
I often find that personnel are the weakest link in a security system. and the more people involved the more likely it is to be that there is a weak link. If they have 10 guys, what are the odds that one of them has shady past, currently is dealing novacoke, selling company secrets, has a wife, or a kid they want to protect. A little snooping by your hacker can help you find a way to turn one of his body guards into an open door into the bunker, and betray info and what not. This is a high risk/reward tactic that you have to use sparingly. If he doesn't believe you are willing to do something, or doesn't care then you pretty much just tipped them off that you are up to something.
I personally like the idea of backing up their sewer or intercepting a food delivery the best. But then again i'm not one for brute force fighting (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Shadow Knight
post Jul 13 2013, 06:59 AM
Post #24

Moving Target

Member No.: 106,452

Fill sewer access closest to the place with concrete. cut the water main... Wait for them to move to a new location. No one can stay in a building with a backing up sewer and no water. They will move.

+Quote Post
CanRay
post Jul 13 2013, 06:26 PM
Post #25

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 14,465

If the room is on the ground floor, take a remote-piloted Ares RoadMaster, and back it into a window. Remote open the back doors, and let the drones inside have fun.

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 12:49 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.