Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Cyber Gear and Essence
craftomega
post Aug 4 2013, 11:39 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 136,991

Reading the page 454, it is worded and appears that adding enhancements to cyber eyewear and earwear increases the cost of essence. To it would make more sense that you only pay the essence cost for the initial implant, not to add extra things to said implant.

So how are calculating this?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Aug 5 2013, 12:11 AM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,216

As per pg 453, Vision enhancements
either take up Capacity in cybereyes or Essence
in natural eyes, not both.

So if you bought a rating 2 Cybereye you can load up to 8 capacity worth of add ons for no further essence than what you paid for the baseline eye.

If you put these enhancements into a normal natural eye, then yes you pay essence per each.

+Quote Post
craftomega
post Aug 5 2013, 12:52 AM
Post #3

Target

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 4 2013, 05:11 PM) *
As per pg 453, Vision enhancements
either take up Capacity in cybereyes or Essence
in natural eyes, not both.

So if you bought a rating 2 Cybereye you can load up to 8 capacity worth of add ons for no further essence than what you paid for the baseline eye.

If you put these enhancements into a normal natural eye, then yes you pay essence per each.

Oh thank god... I was just thinking of how stupid it would be the other way around.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 5 2013, 01:47 AM
Post #4

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Also, as every enhancement must be the same grade of 'ware as the system its installed in, you actually end up able to cram more into say, Alpha eyes, than you can the base grade. Something to remember as you start cramming in systems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

+Quote Post
craftomega
post Aug 5 2013, 01:50 AM
Post #5

Target

QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 4 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Also, as every enhancement must be the same grade of 'ware as the system its installed in, you actually end up able to cram more into say, Alpha eyes, than you can the base grade. Something to remember as you start cramming in systems. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/cyber.gif)

Could you give me a reference to go by? Like is it the same at the cost multiplier? Is then mentioned somewhere in the book?

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 5 2013, 01:58 AM
Post #6

ghostrider

Sure.

My street sam has Rating 3 Alpha Cybereyes. They cost 12,000 (10k * 1.2), cost .32 essence (.4 * .8 ), and have a capacity of 12.

I want to add Smartlink to my cybereyes. Since my eyes are Alpha grade, the Smartlink must also be Alpha.

So the Alpha Smartlink costs 4,800 (4k * 1.2) and take up 2.4 capacity (3 * .8 ). <-- This is incorrect. I was looking at Cap as Ess for enhancements. Total brain fart.

Should read: So the Alpha Smartlink costs 4,800 (4k * 1.2) and take up 3 capacity.

Basic cybereyes would eat .4 essence, and the Smartlink would take up 3 capacity.

Got it?

META: Can we get a mod to merge craftomega's two similar threads? Thanks.

edit: fix my mistake

+Quote Post
RHat
post Aug 5 2013, 02:15 AM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Member No.: 76,875

QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 4 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Sure.

My street sam has Rating 3 Alpha Cybereyes. They cost 12,000 (10k * 1.2), cost .32 essence (.4 * .8 ), and have a capacity of 12.

I want to add Smartlink to my cybereyes. Since my eyes are Alpha grade, the Smartlink must also be Alpha.

So the Alpha Smartlink costs 4,800 (4k * 1.2) and take up 2.4 capacity (3 * .8 ).

Basic cybereyes would eat .4 essence, and the Smartlink would take up 3 capacity.

Got it?

META: Can we get a mod to merge craftomega's two similar threads? Thanks.

... No, that doesn't work. Cyberware grades explicitly modify Essence costs, Availability, and monetary costs - there is no interaction between cyberware grades and Capacity.

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Aug 5 2013, 02:48 AM
Post #8

ghostrider

Ah, now what you're saying makes sense. You're right, I was looking at that wrong.

+Quote Post
RHat
post Aug 5 2013, 02:54 AM
Post #9

Shooting Target

Member No.: 76,875

QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 4 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Ah, now what you're saying makes sense. You're right, I was looking at that wrong.

It might not be a bad houserule (though I could see issues with delta cyberlimbs), but I'd have to take some more time looking at it to say for sure.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:12 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.