Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Cyber Gear and Essence
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
craftomega
Reading the page 454, it is worded and appears that adding enhancements to cyber eyewear and earwear increases the cost of essence. To it would make more sense that you only pay the essence cost for the initial implant, not to add extra things to said implant.

So how are calculating this?
Sendaz
As per pg 453, Vision enhancements
either take up Capacity in cybereyes or Essence
in natural eyes, not both.

So if you bought a rating 2 Cybereye you can load up to 8 capacity worth of add ons for no further essence than what you paid for the baseline eye.

If you put these enhancements into a normal natural eye, then yes you pay essence per each.
craftomega
QUOTE (Sendaz @ Aug 4 2013, 05:11 PM) *
As per pg 453, Vision enhancements
either take up Capacity in cybereyes or Essence
in natural eyes, not both.

So if you bought a rating 2 Cybereye you can load up to 8 capacity worth of add ons for no further essence than what you paid for the baseline eye.

If you put these enhancements into a normal natural eye, then yes you pay essence per each.

Oh thank god... I was just thinking of how stupid it would be the other way around.
eidolon
Also, as every enhancement must be the same grade of 'ware as the system its installed in, you actually end up able to cram more into say, Alpha eyes, than you can the base grade. Something to remember as you start cramming in systems. cyber.gif
craftomega
QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 4 2013, 07:47 PM) *
Also, as every enhancement must be the same grade of 'ware as the system its installed in, you actually end up able to cram more into say, Alpha eyes, than you can the base grade. Something to remember as you start cramming in systems. cyber.gif

Could you give me a reference to go by? Like is it the same at the cost multiplier? Is then mentioned somewhere in the book?
eidolon
Sure.

My street sam has Rating 3 Alpha Cybereyes. They cost 12,000 (10k * 1.2), cost .32 essence (.4 * .8 ), and have a capacity of 12.

I want to add Smartlink to my cybereyes. Since my eyes are Alpha grade, the Smartlink must also be Alpha.

So the Alpha Smartlink costs 4,800 (4k * 1.2) and take up 2.4 capacity (3 * .8 ). <-- This is incorrect. I was looking at Cap as Ess for enhancements. Total brain fart.

Should read: So the Alpha Smartlink costs 4,800 (4k * 1.2) and take up 3 capacity.

Basic cybereyes would eat .4 essence, and the Smartlink would take up 3 capacity.

Got it?

META: Can we get a mod to merge craftomega's two similar threads? Thanks.

edit: fix my mistake
RHat
QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 4 2013, 06:58 PM) *
Sure.

My street sam has Rating 3 Alpha Cybereyes. They cost 12,000 (10k * 1.2), cost .32 essence (.4 * .8 ), and have a capacity of 12.

I want to add Smartlink to my cybereyes. Since my eyes are Alpha grade, the Smartlink must also be Alpha.

So the Alpha Smartlink costs 4,800 (4k * 1.2) and take up 2.4 capacity (3 * .8 ).

Basic cybereyes would eat .4 essence, and the Smartlink would take up 3 capacity.

Got it?

META: Can we get a mod to merge craftomega's two similar threads? Thanks.

... No, that doesn't work. Cyberware grades explicitly modify Essence costs, Availability, and monetary costs - there is no interaction between cyberware grades and Capacity.
eidolon
Ah, now what you're saying makes sense. You're right, I was looking at that wrong.

RHat
QUOTE (eidolon @ Aug 4 2013, 07:48 PM) *
Ah, now what you're saying makes sense. You're right, I was looking at that wrong.

It might not be a bad houserule (though I could see issues with delta cyberlimbs), but I'd have to take some more time looking at it to say for sure.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012