IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Stalking the Edge Recruitment Thread, Looking for a few good...well, good ones, whatever they are
Fenris
post Sep 2 2013, 06:52 AM
Post #1

GM of DOOM!

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,296

Alright, some people have dropped out of my thread here on the boards, so I'm recruiting for two more places.

Current IC thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=37954
Current OOC thread: http://forums.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=37811

Please read the IC and at least skim the first couple of posts in the OOC to make sure you have a good idea of what the game's about before you post. This game is a little different than most, as it's assumed that the characters will spend most of their time separated, on their own individual threads. This isn't going to be your standard 'show up to the meet and get a job' kind of thread. I'm looking for lots of roleplaying, and just combat will probably be lighter because of it. It's a chance for people to play fringe ideas, weird characters that might not fit in a normal 'runner team but that are archetypical of the genre, that sort of thing. Posting runs at a somewhat slower pace, but it's much more individually focused, giving each character the chance to be the 'star' of their storyline, as opposed to having to compete with 4-6 other people all the time. There will be times when members of the group are together, but that's going to be the exception rather than the rule.

Character creation rules are going to be per the normal 400bp rules, with a couple of modifications:
  • 4x base Charisma in free points for Contacts. It's my intent that since the characters aren't doing the normal Shadowrun stuff, I want to simulate more real life style relationships. Most people know more than 2 people.
  • +200 build points if, and only if, you take a meta type that requires the expenditure of a significant amount of points. I'm looking to allow things like Nosferatu, AI's, etc.
  • Normal limitations on positive/negative qualities, number of build points on stats, etc apply, with the +200 not counting as additional base points. Same goes for skill caps, etc.
  • Each character will be require to complete at least the basic 20 questions for background.

More modifications may come up here as we talk...Nothing's set till characters are done. dead.

To be clear, I DON'T WANT FULL CHARACTER SHEETS YET. Failure to read and follow basic instructions is grounds for definitely not getting into the thread. Here's how this process is going to work:

1. Post here within the next two weeks to give me a paragraph or two about the character. Tell me why he's interesting, give me some idea of the different relationships in her life, and what sort of conflicts the character is engaged in and encounters regularly.

2. Once recruitment is closed (on 9/15/13) the group and I will select the top 5 people that we like from all those that submitted. Those people will post again in this thread, giving us a 'day in the life' style post that introduces us to both your character, your writing style, and your ability to follow directions about things like posting conventions. From those 5, the group and I will choose 2 people (or more, if we happen to find more that we really like) to join the thread.

3. Then, and only then, I'll want a full character sheet with background questions answered before you join up.

Think outside the box. If you have a weird idea that doesn't fit in normal groups you want to try, or someone with a complicated life and lots of relationships, this is probably the thread for it. No other GM is going to indulge you like I will in this thread (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 08:26 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.