IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Self-inflicted surgery, Say I wanted to rouse out my own brain..
Eyeless Blond
post Apr 30 2004, 08:45 PM
Post #1

Decker on the Threshold

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,156

Do you suppose that some kinds of surgery should be "easy" enough that you could do them on yourself? Of course I don't mean anything like trauma surgery, that's just dumb. :) I mean maybe upgrading cyberware, maybe stitching up a bullet hole, that sort of thing. Of course I'd expect the modifiers to be a bit nasty--probably +1-+2 for keeping yourself conscious, and another +1-+2 for actually working on yourself, but it should be doable, at least in theory, do you think?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Apr 30 2004, 08:48 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,230

I remember that one picture from cybertechnology and M&M with the guy smoking while working with a screwdriver on his own cyberarm.

Sewing up a bullet wound? 1st, you gotta find the slug; that's difficult to do on yourself. Sewing yourself up though is actually quite easy (you sometimes have the chance to learn in the Boy Scouts).

Don

+Quote Post
Kakkaraun
post Apr 30 2004, 08:49 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,548

Well, I've stitched up clothing while I was still wearing it. Stitching up a hole couldn't be much harder. :rotfl:

Seriously though, yes, I don't think that it'd be too tough to do some minor surgery on yourself. Unless you were suturing a bullet hole in your ass ;).

+Quote Post
Lantzer
post Apr 30 2004, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,335

I imagine a pain editor helps.

+Quote Post
booklord
post Apr 30 2004, 08:53 PM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 4,583

I suppose its possible to do surgery on you arm, hip or leg though without some mighty good drugs you're looking at a high target modifier.

With a pain editor, I suppose you could do open heart surgery on yourself. Ouch! I can't vouch for your survival, but you could try.

As long as you can see what you are doing and have at least one working hand. Go Nuts!

+Quote Post
Eyeless Blond
post Apr 30 2004, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Decker on the Threshold

Member No.: 6,156

Or at least a little local anesthetic. Of course anesthesia is one area in SR that is handled incredibly poorly, so I guess it's kinda hard to say how well novacane wirks in 2060. :P

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post Apr 30 2004, 10:58 PM
Post #7

Chicago Survivor

Member No.: 6,033

Um, doesn't the BBB have a +2 mod for doing biotec on yourself? Though a rigger using a valkyrie module would be able no problem.

+Quote Post
Smiley
post May 1 2004, 12:05 AM
Post #8

Running Target

Member No.: 6,191

Some Advil, few staples, you should be good to go.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 8th May 2024 - 08:43 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.