Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Self-inflicted surgery
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Eyeless Blond
Do you suppose that some kinds of surgery should be "easy" enough that you could do them on yourself? Of course I don't mean anything like trauma surgery, that's just dumb. smile.gif I mean maybe upgrading cyberware, maybe stitching up a bullet hole, that sort of thing. Of course I'd expect the modifiers to be a bit nasty--probably +1-+2 for keeping yourself conscious, and another +1-+2 for actually working on yourself, but it should be doable, at least in theory, do you think?
shadd4d
I remember that one picture from cybertechnology and M&M with the guy smoking while working with a screwdriver on his own cyberarm.

Sewing up a bullet wound? 1st, you gotta find the slug; that's difficult to do on yourself. Sewing yourself up though is actually quite easy (you sometimes have the chance to learn in the Boy Scouts).

Don
Kakkaraun
Well, I've stitched up clothing while I was still wearing it. Stitching up a hole couldn't be much harder. rotfl.gif

Seriously though, yes, I don't think that it'd be too tough to do some minor surgery on yourself. Unless you were suturing a bullet hole in your ass wink.gif.
Lantzer
I imagine a pain editor helps.
booklord
I suppose its possible to do surgery on you arm, hip or leg though without some mighty good drugs you're looking at a high target modifier.

With a pain editor, I suppose you could do open heart surgery on yourself. Ouch! I can't vouch for your survival, but you could try.

As long as you can see what you are doing and have at least one working hand. Go Nuts!
Eyeless Blond
Or at least a little local anesthetic. Of course anesthesia is one area in SR that is handled incredibly poorly, so I guess it's kinda hard to say how well novacane wirks in 2060. nyahnyah.gif
Nikoli
Um, doesn't the BBB have a +2 mod for doing biotec on yourself? Though a rigger using a valkyrie module would be able no problem.
Smiley
Some Advil, few staples, you should be good to go.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012