Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Looking Glass [SR5] Recruitment, 2075 Persistent Game World Thread
Aria
post Jan 3 2014, 05:06 PM
Post #1

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

I’m looking for a dedicated team of runners to take on a mission in darkest Bellevue! A mix of infiltrators, faces, hackers would be good alongside some fire support from street sammies or riggers.

In an attempt to avoid the blight of many pbp threads (players losing interest before any action starts!) I’m going to try something different here and pitch the players into the run mid-way through. Personally I’ve always enjoyed the meet and the planning stages but too many times in pbp it just drags the game to extinction (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) . There will be a chance for some OoC planning so that you aren’t completely in the dark but they do say that a plan never survives contact with the enemy anyway… (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

This will be an ongoing part of the master 2075 thread and character gen and rewards will be as per that thread…essentially it is normal gen + 1 free GM contact (in this case your fixer Silk) and you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…

So, if that sounds interesting the basic premise of the run is here:
[ Spoiler ]
Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will eventually be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.

As a side note, 2075 Tribes and Circles of Power are always open for recruitment if you fancy something a bit different!

Google Maps of the infiltration site: <<Map>>
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Jan 3 2014, 07:00 PM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 12,360

QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 3 2014, 12:06 PM) *
I’m looking for a dedicated team of runners to take on a mission in darkest Bellevue! A mix of infiltrators, faces, hackers would be good alongside some fire support from street sammies or riggers.

In an attempt to avoid the blight of many pbp threads (players losing interest before any action starts!) I’m going to try something different here and pitch the players into the run mid-way through. Personally I’ve always enjoyed the meet and the planning stages but too many times in pbp it just drags the game to extinction (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) . There will be a chance for some OoC planning so that you aren’t completely in the dark but they do say that a plan never survives contact with the enemy anyway… (IMG:style_emoticons/default/ork.gif)

This will be an ongoing part of the master 2075 thread and character gen and rewards will be as per that thread…essentially it is normal gen + 1 free GM contact (in this case your fixer Silk) and you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…

So, if that sounds interesting the basic premise of the run is here:
[ Spoiler ]
Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will eventually be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.

As a side note, 2075 Tribes and Circles of Power are always open for recruitment if you fancy something a bit different!

I'd be very interested to get involved. I've been looking for a pbp game to join, and haven't found a good one yet. Plus, I had considered the "in media res" start for a game I considered running, to get things going quickly. I am out of town but will post a character concept when I get home in a few days. I may or may not have been obsessively creating SR5 characters since the book came out...

-DrZ

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 3 2014, 09:20 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner

Member No.: 140,076

Count me in - will have a character up in the next day or two.

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Jan 3 2014, 10:25 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 313

also interested, I'll take one of the sam's waiting outside. give me a day or two to put him back together.

+Quote Post
RdMarquis
post Jan 4 2014, 06:43 AM
Post #5

Moving Target

Member No.: 48,557

Like I mentioned earlier, I was hoping to play in this game as my Face/Technomancer.

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background (20 Question Quiz)
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

And to give an idea of her appearance, a drawing my friend did.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 4 2014, 02:54 PM
Post #6

Moving Target

Member No.: 184,586

Upon further consideration, I am totally in.

Aria, I am gonna use the concept I was saving for Improbable Youth down the road, the young Face turned Assassin. Developed as needed for
the campaign.

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Jan 4 2014, 09:10 PM
Post #7

Shooting Target

Two faces already! I will noodle on it today, but I can give the hacker a try.

DrZ

Edit: Whoops! Missed one of those faces was a technomancer. I'll think tonight what I'd like to play and go from there. I was originally considering a face/rigger, that may be what I end up with. Otherwise, I'm sure I can throw together a good infiltrator.

+Quote Post
RdMarquis
post Jan 4 2014, 11:42 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 48,557

QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 4 2014, 01:10 PM) *
Edit: Whoops! Missed one of those faces was a technomancer. I'll think tonight what I'd like to play and go from there. I was originally considering a face/rigger, that may be what I end up with. Otherwise, I'm sure I can throw together a good infiltrator.

Eh, I wouldn't change my mind just yet, especially if you really like the character concept. LeFey can hack in her own right, but she's oriented toward a support role (usually sprites, but another hacker could work just as well).

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Jan 5 2014, 03:36 AM
Post #9

Shooting Target

QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 4 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Eh, I wouldn't change my mind just yet, especially if you really like the character concept. LeFey can hack in her own right, but she's oriented toward a support role (usually sprites, but another hacker could work just as well).

I'm fiddling with the face/rigger to see if I can get it to work. I've also got a few infiltrators I've put together. Additionally, I'd like to play a real, full hacker, so if that's an option I'd certainly consider it. We don't appear to have a mage yet either (although I play those less often than other types). Basically, I'll post something once I actually decide what I want to play. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

-DrZ

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 5 2014, 04:18 AM
Post #10

Prime Runner

Dr. Z,

I will probably play Switch again (my mage) (although I will have to remake him, as they deleted that thread so I can't copy and paste (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif) )

+Quote Post
DrZaius
post Jan 5 2014, 04:48 AM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Colin "BOLO" Mathias, Infiltration Expert. Let me know if you need additional info / stuff fleshed out.

EDIT: Contacts included.
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 5 2014, 06:37 PM
Post #12

Prime Runner

Henry "Switch" Yagami - Shaman

Character
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 5 2014, 08:49 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Well I think this is everything: Details subject to some minor change...

Character Name: Elaina Argyle
Alias: Lany, Pandora
Archetype: Face/Assassin
Race: Elf
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Thanee
post Jan 6 2014, 09:08 AM
Post #14

jacked in

Group: Admin
Member No.: 463

Here's my character from the Game Face game, looking to become a bit more active again. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Violet, Mystic Adept

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Status
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 6 2014, 01:06 PM
Post #15

Dragon

Looking good, will try and get your characters linked in the master OoC shortly!

If you want to start discussing whether any of you know each other that would be good...it's not neccessary, Silk could well have thrown you together for the job!

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 6 2014, 02:40 PM
Post #16

Moving Target

So just for a complete look at the crew so far;

Playertag: RdMarquis
Character Name: Morgan “LeFey” Senlis
Archetype: Face/Technomancer

Playertag: Always Overkill
Character Name: Elaina "Lany" Argyle
Archetype: Face/Assassin

Playertag: DrZaius
Character Name: Colin "BOLO" Mathias
Archetype: Infiltration Expert

Playertag: Thanee
Character Name: Violet
Archetype: Mystic Adept

Playertag: Chance359
Character Name: Victor "Wreck" Heller
Archetype: "...one of the sam's waiting outside."

Playertag: justkelly
Character Name: Lynn "Nikki" Meadows
Archetype: Assassin

Playertag: Vegas
Character Name: Ali Moneaux
Archetype: Sneaky, Forgettable Adept

Playertag: Adamu
Character Name: Al
Archetype: Dockworker

just wanted to keep score...

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Jan 6 2014, 09:00 PM
Post #17

Moving Target

Priorites
[ Spoiler ]

Victor "Wreck" Heller
Description
[ Spoiler ]

Stats
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jan 7 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #18

Runner

Member No.: 2,326

If you're still recruiting Aria, I'd love to toss my hat into the ring. Want to get my feet wet with SR5 and am happy to pull together a concept wherever the team is light. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

EDIT: of course unless the team is light only in decking. Not my forte I'm afraid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

+Quote Post
justkelly
post Jan 7 2014, 06:21 PM
Post #19

Moving Target

Member No.: 184,358

I have an assassin that I'd like to bring to the party. I know Always Overkill has Lany. I believe he and I can make our two characters work together. I'll post the character ASAP. I just wanted to put a placeholder for Lynn Meadows AKA Nikki

[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Aria
post Jan 7 2014, 09:31 PM
Post #20

Dragon

QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 7 2014, 01:13 AM) *
If you're still recruiting Aria, I'd love to toss my hat into the ring. Want to get my feet wet with SR5 and am happy to pull together a concept wherever the team is light. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

EDIT: of course unless the team is light only in decking. Not my forte I'm afraid (IMG:style_emoticons/default/frown.gif)

Happy to have a big team! We've got a TM so far, no rigger (although that may be too close to hacking???), 2 assassin / face types, shaman, mysad...so all in all anything goes, whatever you fancy road testing in SR5 (IMG:style_emoticons/default/biggrin.gif)

+Quote Post
Always Overkill
post Jan 8 2014, 11:47 AM
Post #21

Moving Target

Wow, that filled up fast.

A couple thoughts on the background for the crew.

While elements of the crew may know each other previous to the run ( like myself, RdMarquis, and justkelly are currently working among
our characters,) I think I am lending my support to the idea of this being the first run together for the crew as a whole.

In addition, whether this is the crews first run together or not, a bit of planning for where each of us will be at the onset of the job will be
necessary before we are dropped into the thick of things.

Looking forward to running with you all!

-Always Overkill

+Quote Post
Lobo0705
post Jan 8 2014, 07:36 PM
Post #22

Prime Runner

Hello all (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Ok - I've got Switch's background in my head, just haven't had a moment to type it out.

For me, I would prefer either we all know each other, or we all don't - but that's me. If everyone is not up for that, then I would prefer knowing at least one other person prior to this run.

That being said - planning for this will be key, and I'm fine hashing this all out OOC - we just need to wait until Aria posts all the relevant information so we can actually start planning (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Looking forward to playing with everyone (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Chance359
post Jan 8 2014, 08:19 PM
Post #23

Moving Target

I'm good with knowing/having work with everyone before.

as far as the plan, could plant someone (probably a TM) to hack from the insides, then someone highly social and someone manual labor type looking transfer our target into the place.

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jan 9 2014, 03:54 AM
Post #24

Runner

Name: Ali Moneaux
Concept: sneaky, forgettable adept.

Priority
[ Spoiler ]

Basics
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledges (16 free, 8K)
[ Spoiler ]

Adept Powers
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts (12 free, 10K)
[ Spoiler ]

Gear (7K to Cash + 50,000, 64K total, 845 remaining)
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Appearance
[ Spoiler ]

+Quote Post
Vegas
post Jan 9 2014, 05:40 PM
Post #25

Runner

Would it at least make sense that if we end up not having all worked together before, everyone is at least known to one another, especially if we're all sharing Silk as a contact?

+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 06:32 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.