Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Looking Glass [SR5] Recruitment
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Welcome to the Shadows
Pages: 1, 2
Aria
I’m looking for a dedicated team of runners to take on a mission in darkest Bellevue! A mix of infiltrators, faces, hackers would be good alongside some fire support from street sammies or riggers.

In an attempt to avoid the blight of many pbp threads (players losing interest before any action starts!) I’m going to try something different here and pitch the players into the run mid-way through. Personally I’ve always enjoyed the meet and the planning stages but too many times in pbp it just drags the game to extinction frown.gif . There will be a chance for some OoC planning so that you aren’t completely in the dark but they do say that a plan never survives contact with the enemy anyway… ork.gif

This will be an ongoing part of the master 2075 thread and character gen and rewards will be as per that thread…essentially it is normal gen + 1 free GM contact (in this case your fixer Silk) and you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…

So, if that sounds interesting the basic premise of the run is here:
[ Spoiler ]
Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will eventually be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.

As a side note, 2075 Tribes and Circles of Power are always open for recruitment if you fancy something a bit different!

Google Maps of the infiltration site: <<Map>>
DrZaius
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 3 2014, 12:06 PM) *
I’m looking for a dedicated team of runners to take on a mission in darkest Bellevue! A mix of infiltrators, faces, hackers would be good alongside some fire support from street sammies or riggers.

In an attempt to avoid the blight of many pbp threads (players losing interest before any action starts!) I’m going to try something different here and pitch the players into the run mid-way through. Personally I’ve always enjoyed the meet and the planning stages but too many times in pbp it just drags the game to extinction frown.gif . There will be a chance for some OoC planning so that you aren’t completely in the dark but they do say that a plan never survives contact with the enemy anyway… ork.gif

This will be an ongoing part of the master 2075 thread and character gen and rewards will be as per that thread…essentially it is normal gen + 1 free GM contact (in this case your fixer Silk) and you earn 1 karma and 2000¥ for every 2 IC posts you make (cumulative across any of my 2075 games!) which can be spent mid run (we can work out IC reasons for new equipment or increases to skills etc)…

So, if that sounds interesting the basic premise of the run is here:
[ Spoiler ]
Character concepts can either be posted here or in the master OoC thread which will eventually be used for all the OoC once the game kicks off.

As a side note, 2075 Tribes and Circles of Power are always open for recruitment if you fancy something a bit different!

I'd be very interested to get involved. I've been looking for a pbp game to join, and haven't found a good one yet. Plus, I had considered the "in media res" start for a game I considered running, to get things going quickly. I am out of town but will post a character concept when I get home in a few days. I may or may not have been obsessively creating SR5 characters since the book came out...

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Count me in - will have a character up in the next day or two.
Chance359
also interested, I'll take one of the sam's waiting outside. give me a day or two to put him back together.
RdMarquis
Like I mentioned earlier, I was hoping to play in this game as my Face/Technomancer.

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Background (20 Question Quiz)
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts
[ Spoiler ]

And to give an idea of her appearance, a drawing my friend did.
[ Spoiler ]
Always Overkill
Upon further consideration, I am totally in.

Aria, I am gonna use the concept I was saving for Improbable Youth down the road, the young Face turned Assassin. Developed as needed for
the campaign.
DrZaius
Two faces already! I will noodle on it today, but I can give the hacker a try.

DrZ

Edit: Whoops! Missed one of those faces was a technomancer. I'll think tonight what I'd like to play and go from there. I was originally considering a face/rigger, that may be what I end up with. Otherwise, I'm sure I can throw together a good infiltrator.

RdMarquis
QUOTE (DrZaius @ Jan 4 2014, 01:10 PM) *
Edit: Whoops! Missed one of those faces was a technomancer. I'll think tonight what I'd like to play and go from there. I was originally considering a face/rigger, that may be what I end up with. Otherwise, I'm sure I can throw together a good infiltrator.

Eh, I wouldn't change my mind just yet, especially if you really like the character concept. LeFey can hack in her own right, but she's oriented toward a support role (usually sprites, but another hacker could work just as well).
DrZaius
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 4 2014, 06:42 PM) *
Eh, I wouldn't change my mind just yet, especially if you really like the character concept. LeFey can hack in her own right, but she's oriented toward a support role (usually sprites, but another hacker could work just as well).

I'm fiddling with the face/rigger to see if I can get it to work. I've also got a few infiltrators I've put together. Additionally, I'd like to play a real, full hacker, so if that's an option I'd certainly consider it. We don't appear to have a mage yet either (although I play those less often than other types). Basically, I'll post something once I actually decide what I want to play. smile.gif

-DrZ
Lobo0705
Dr. Z,

I will probably play Switch again (my mage) (although I will have to remake him, as they deleted that thread so I can't copy and paste frown.gif)
DrZaius
Colin "BOLO" Mathias, Infiltration Expert. Let me know if you need additional info / stuff fleshed out.

EDIT: Contacts included.
[ Spoiler ]
Lobo0705
Henry "Switch" Yagami - Shaman

Character
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]
Always Overkill
Well I think this is everything: Details subject to some minor change...

Character Name: Elaina Argyle
Alias: Lany, Pandora
Archetype: Face/Assassin
Race: Elf
[ Spoiler ]

[ Spoiler ]
Thanee
Here's my character from the Game Face game, looking to become a bit more active again. smile.gif

Violet, Mystic Adept

Character Sheet
[ Spoiler ]

Description
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Status
[ Spoiler ]
Aria
Looking good, will try and get your characters linked in the master OoC shortly!

If you want to start discussing whether any of you know each other that would be good...it's not neccessary, Silk could well have thrown you together for the job!
Always Overkill
So just for a complete look at the crew so far;

Playertag: RdMarquis
Character Name: Morgan “LeFey” Senlis
Archetype: Face/Technomancer

Playertag: Always Overkill
Character Name: Elaina "Lany" Argyle
Archetype: Face/Assassin

Playertag: DrZaius
Character Name: Colin "BOLO" Mathias
Archetype: Infiltration Expert

Playertag: Thanee
Character Name: Violet
Archetype: Mystic Adept

Playertag: Chance359
Character Name: Victor "Wreck" Heller
Archetype: "...one of the sam's waiting outside."

Playertag: justkelly
Character Name: Lynn "Nikki" Meadows
Archetype: Assassin

Playertag: Vegas
Character Name: Ali Moneaux
Archetype: Sneaky, Forgettable Adept

Playertag: Adamu
Character Name: Al
Archetype: Dockworker

just wanted to keep score...
Chance359
Priorites
[ Spoiler ]

Victor "Wreck" Heller
Description
[ Spoiler ]

Stats
[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
If you're still recruiting Aria, I'd love to toss my hat into the ring. Want to get my feet wet with SR5 and am happy to pull together a concept wherever the team is light. biggrin.gif

EDIT: of course unless the team is light only in decking. Not my forte I'm afraid frown.gif
justkelly
I have an assassin that I'd like to bring to the party. I know Always Overkill has Lany. I believe he and I can make our two characters work together. I'll post the character ASAP. I just wanted to put a placeholder for Lynn Meadows AKA Nikki

[ Spoiler ]
Aria
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 7 2014, 01:13 AM) *
If you're still recruiting Aria, I'd love to toss my hat into the ring. Want to get my feet wet with SR5 and am happy to pull together a concept wherever the team is light. biggrin.gif

EDIT: of course unless the team is light only in decking. Not my forte I'm afraid frown.gif

Happy to have a big team! We've got a TM so far, no rigger (although that may be too close to hacking???), 2 assassin / face types, shaman, mysad...so all in all anything goes, whatever you fancy road testing in SR5 biggrin.gif
Always Overkill
Wow, that filled up fast.

A couple thoughts on the background for the crew.

While elements of the crew may know each other previous to the run ( like myself, RdMarquis, and justkelly are currently working among
our characters,) I think I am lending my support to the idea of this being the first run together for the crew as a whole.

In addition, whether this is the crews first run together or not, a bit of planning for where each of us will be at the onset of the job will be
necessary before we are dropped into the thick of things.

Looking forward to running with you all!

-Always Overkill
Lobo0705
Hello all smile.gif

Ok - I've got Switch's background in my head, just haven't had a moment to type it out.

For me, I would prefer either we all know each other, or we all don't - but that's me. If everyone is not up for that, then I would prefer knowing at least one other person prior to this run.

That being said - planning for this will be key, and I'm fine hashing this all out OOC - we just need to wait until Aria posts all the relevant information so we can actually start planning smile.gif

Looking forward to playing with everyone smile.gif
Chance359
I'm good with knowing/having work with everyone before.

as far as the plan, could plant someone (probably a TM) to hack from the insides, then someone highly social and someone manual labor type looking transfer our target into the place.
Vegas
Name: Ali Moneaux
Concept: sneaky, forgettable adept.

Priority
[ Spoiler ]

Basics
[ Spoiler ]

Attributes
[ Spoiler ]

Qualities
[ Spoiler ]

Skills
[ Spoiler ]

Knowledges (16 free, 8K)
[ Spoiler ]

Adept Powers
[ Spoiler ]

Contacts (12 free, 10K)
[ Spoiler ]

Gear (7K to Cash + 50,000, 64K total, 845 remaining)
[ Spoiler ]

Background
[ Spoiler ]

Appearance
[ Spoiler ]
Vegas
Would it at least make sense that if we end up not having all worked together before, everyone is at least known to one another, especially if we're all sharing Silk as a contact?
Always Overkill
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 9 2014, 12:40 PM) *
Would it at least make sense that if we end up not having all worked together before, everyone is at least known to one another, especially if we're all sharing Silk as a contact?

I concur.
Aria
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 9 2014, 05:40 PM) *

You probably represent 2 separate teams given numbers of targets recruits ork.gif

Silk has brought in 2 to work together due to the complexity of the run...at least that is what post rationalisation says biggrin.gif
Vegas
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 10 2014, 07:32 AM) *
You probably represent 2 separate teams given numbers of targets recruits ork.gif

Silk has brought in 2 to work together due to the complexity of the run...at least that is what post rationalisation says biggrin.gif

*backs away slowly* umm I need to go....shave my cat. wink.gif
adamu
Hello hello.

I have a character named Al.

Looks like I will be settling in with the Tribes, but apparently that is just for a sort of base for my character, whose ultimate destiny is to be in one of the two fine teams forming here. Sorry to drop in late.

Very excited indeed.

Here is what Al looks like.

[ Spoiler ]

Like everyone else, Al knows Silk.
Al will not have been on any runs with anyone.
He does know Vegas's character, but it is unlikely he knows anyone else.
Not impossible - if anyone sees an obvious connection, do let me know!
EDIT - knows Ali, Jan, Haze, LeFey from LG, and then probably Rodeo from CT.

Talk soon!

Requested rolls: Casrry these over to TLG, I guess...

[ Spoiler ]
Always Overkill
What Archetype would you consider Al to fall under?
adamu
Dockworker.
justkelly
EDIT:final character accountability as updated March 15, 2014

https://skydrive.live.com/redir?page=view&a...AAH7-NuDXg5qiL8
Vegas
Are we waiting on any other players/interest or just for finalizing characters and last minute tweaks?
adamu
QUOTE (justkelly @ Jan 13 2014, 11:02 PM) *
Nikki's data less contacts and knowledge skills

Feedback is desired?

Eager tp meet her.

Pardon if I am out of the loop on something ---- what is "face & grace"?
justkelly
QUOTE (adamu @ Jan 17 2014, 05:35 PM) *
Eager tp meet her.

Pardon if I am out of the loop on something ---- what is "face & grace"?

I use the phrase face & grace to remind me that my character is strikingly memorable. Not necessarily pretty or beautiful in traditional terms, but that "attractive" face you'll never forget. She's has a face like an Egyptian goddess, very sculptured - skin tone mocha with a hint of cream. And grace, she has this aura of grace and deference (others defer to her, not the other way around). She demands and receives what she wants because she has such presence - I think of Audrey Hepburn and sometimes Julie Andrews when I image her grace; that same Egyptian goddess or the Queen of England - with regard to presence.

Lynn Meadows though is a badass. She uses her weapons with ease - they are an extension of her body. Her "grace" keeps others from thinking she should not be holding that Ares Alpha - the Ares Alpha is just another accessory - like a purse.

Does this make sense? In my mind I'm making this work, but can it be sold? Here again is where feedback is welcome.
adamu
Perfect sense.

I don't need to tell you it is nuanced description (born of careful thought about the character) like that that makes for a great role-playing group.

Thanks.
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Vegas @ Jan 17 2014, 03:20 PM) *
Are we waiting on any other players/interest or just for finalizing characters and last minute tweaks?

Dunno. My character's profile is finished, at least. Though I've added a couple of edits over the past few days.
Always Overkill
Actually the GM has been swamped with work in that peskiest of all things, RL!!!

Once things clear up I think we are pretty much ready.
Always Overkill
@justkelly- Couldn't get the sheet to open atm, (My computer is running with the speed of a Special Olympics Hurdler.) But great description though! I am sure she can teach
Lany a thing or two wink.gif
justkelly
QUOTE (Always Overkill @ Jan 18 2014, 06:10 AM) *
@justkelly- Couldn't get the sheet to open atm, (My computer is running with the speed of a Special Olympics Hurdler.) But great description though! I am sure she can teach
Lany a thing or two wink.gif

Try this link instead.

http://sdrv.ms/1dL2HvV

I do need to figure out my languages and contacts. Does anyone have any ideas?
RdMarquis
QUOTE (justkelly @ Jan 18 2014, 07:09 PM) *
I do need to figure out my languages and contacts. Does anyone have any ideas?

Fixer? Arms dealer? Basically people you call to get supplies and other stuff you need. Also consider people from your character's background. Friends and family with connections could also be helpful.

As for languages, Japanese is very common in Shadowrun. You might base your language selection on what groups or corporations your PC has had contact with. Again, consider your character concept and backstory.
Aria
Sorry for any delay folks, working on it, just haven't had a lunch break in a couple of weeks so RP time is snatched here and there nyahnyah.gif

Anyway, enough whinging biggrin.gif

Here's a doctored GMaps version of your target: <<well there will be one here when imageshack send me a new password>>

The HD units are broken down into house groups of 5-6 patients and 1-2 carers + assorted drone assistants. From the records staff turnover is unusually high (which works in your favour). They have a visible host that handles day to day stuff, staff records etc. There are no patient records here though so presumably they are offline somewhere accessible only from inside the complex.

Any questions, feel free to ask, I might even give you an answer that's true ork.gif
RdMarquis
Who's the person they're supposed to insert into the facility, and was there a reason given as to why?
adamu
Very exciting!

Just to clarify the most productive things for us to be doing OOC…

Is it definitely decided we are two teams?
If so, will the breakdown be decided for us, or should we move toward finalising it amongst ourselves?

Once the map image is up, or answers to other questions posted (like RdMarquis' query above), should we be roughing out a plan?
I ask that because there was talk of having the narrative suddenly start mid-run, in which case recon & planning seem sort of academic.

I am cool either way - and happy to help move things in whatever direction is most helpful!
Aria
You are inserting a 'patient' for reasons unknown - presumably they aren't supposed to be there otherwise they could just get admitted the normal way. The public host is a bit vague about their patient groups, private referals etc... bit dodgy if you read between the lines but then they are corp owned so...

Don't worry about the two teams bit - you've been assembled to do a job from wherever, decide amongst yourselves how much you know of each other.

I need a basic plan to craft the opening scenes - who is inside (if anyone), if so as cleaners (probably drones so...), medical staff (?), is the patient being transferred in or are you going to deposit them inside in a infiltration manner? Have you conducted any 'social engineering' on staff?

Can't get imageshack to work...anyone know another hosting site? Rather not use my Deviant Art account for something like this...
Always Overkill
Getting inside posing as medical staff seems plausible. Frak, with a little time and such a high turnover some of us could have used Fake Sins and IDs to actually get jobs as nurses and orderlies.
DrZaius
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 22 2014, 08:47 AM) *
Can't get imageshack to work...anyone know another hosting site? Rather not use my Deviant Art account for something like this...

http://imgur.com/ is a good free image hoster; very reliable.

Per getting in; A/C issues caused by the team could get Colin in as an HVAC repair guy; or we could figure out a more traditional way (but that's just off the top of my head).
RdMarquis
QUOTE (Aria @ Jan 22 2014, 05:47 AM) *
You are inserting a 'patient' for reasons unknown - presumably they aren't supposed to be there otherwise they could just get admitted the normal way. The public host is a bit vague about their patient groups, private referals etc... bit dodgy if you read between the lines but then they are corp owned so...

Are they actually mentally ill at all? Actually, would asking (even negotiating) for extra info on this patient have helped? LeFey wouldn't be too happy about putting an innocent person in a mental health facility. Not that she'd say so outright. Rather, she'd present lack of info on the patient (especially their mental state) as an unnecessary complication. Unless the person is supposed to be unconscious the whole time.

We definitely will have talked to the staff about how things work at the facility. Hacking the node for schedules and staff lists would be important, too.
justkelly
Nikki is likely to be part of the "team" that "walks" her in safely. Nikki can provide physical protection. I'm on my phone, so I can propose more details later.

@Aria-Is my character approved, or do you need/suggest me to make changes?
Aria
QUOTE (RdMarquis @ Jan 23 2014, 07:21 AM) *
Are they actually mentally ill at all? Actually, would asking (even negotiating) for extra info on this patient have helped? LeFey wouldn't be too happy about putting an innocent person in a mental health facility. Not that she'd say so outright. Rather, she'd present lack of info on the patient (especially their mental state) as an unnecessary complication. Unless the person is supposed to be unconscious the whole time.

We definitely will have talked to the staff about how things work at the facility. Hacking the node for schedules and staff lists would be important, too.

The 'patient' is described as being willing - it's a mole insertion, perhaps for data gathering, perhaps for some other reason...?!?

I decided to do a GMap for the facility, that way you should all be able to edit it with markers, routes etc...

<<Map>>

All characters can be considered approved (I don't believe in fine tooth combing particularly - up to you lot to get the numbers right biggrin.gif). As I'm stretched for time, if anyone would like a bonus 2 karma could they go through this thread and link the characters in the same way that I've done in the master OoC? That way I can copy paste that into post 3...

Player: Name in Bold Character: Link - Vague description of archetype

Thanks!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012