Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Salt Lake City newbie player
Ashmire
post Mar 30 2014, 12:28 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 188,565

I've so far only played Shadowrun Returns and read( and loved) a bunch of the setting novels, but I'd like to give the actual tabletop game a try( I do have experience with D&D and would have to work around my existing D&D game since I don't want to ditch on a now 4-year-long campaign). Unfortunately not having much luck finding anyone else interested. I'd consider PbP( I'm living vicariously through reading *other people's* PbPs and feeling SO frustrated I can't join in), but I'm not sure how feasible that is for a new person who hasn't really learned the system yet and doesn't actually own a copy of the books, especially since Shadowrun has the reputation of being a difficult system (which is the main reason why I can't find anyone else willing to play here). So, suggestions, anyone?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
adamu
post Mar 31 2014, 10:04 AM
Post #2

Snakehandler

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 8,508

You will indeed need "the books."

but since the move to SR5, there is only the one core book currently out (next coming very soon). If you are on a budget, get the PDF.

But that is it - the Dumpshock boards are very welcoming of new players.

Just watch for a recruitment thread - they come up with some regularity - and throw your hat in the ring.

PbP is torturously slow, but at the same time EXCELLENT for role-playing/character development, if you like that in a game.

Good luck!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 4th May 2024 - 02:49 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.