Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Salt Lake City newbie player
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > GM/Players Registry
Ashmire
I've so far only played Shadowrun Returns and read( and loved) a bunch of the setting novels, but I'd like to give the actual tabletop game a try( I do have experience with D&D and would have to work around my existing D&D game since I don't want to ditch on a now 4-year-long campaign). Unfortunately not having much luck finding anyone else interested. I'd consider PbP( I'm living vicariously through reading *other people's* PbPs and feeling SO frustrated I can't join in), but I'm not sure how feasible that is for a new person who hasn't really learned the system yet and doesn't actually own a copy of the books, especially since Shadowrun has the reputation of being a difficult system (which is the main reason why I can't find anyone else willing to play here). So, suggestions, anyone?
adamu
You will indeed need "the books."

but since the move to SR5, there is only the one core book currently out (next coming very soon). If you are on a budget, get the PDF.

But that is it - the Dumpshock boards are very welcoming of new players.

Just watch for a recruitment thread - they come up with some regularity - and throw your hat in the ring.

PbP is torturously slow, but at the same time EXCELLENT for role-playing/character development, if you like that in a game.

Good luck!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012