IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Multiple Specializations For A Skill Legal in 5th, Is this new?
BlackJaw
post Apr 24 2014, 08:33 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,213

Maybe I just missed it until now, but 5th edition lets you have multiple specializations but only 1 per skill at character creation. Bottom of page 129: "Characters can have multiple specializations within the same skill, but one applies at a time. For example, a character with the Blades skill who specializes in Axes and Parrying would only receive a +2 dice bonus to tests when parrying with an axe.
New characters may only take one specialization per skill at character creation (Creating a Shadowrunner, p. 62), but you can buy more later."
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
SpellBinder
post Apr 24 2014, 08:53 PM
Post #2

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 17,653

That's how I read it, multiple specializations within a single skill now. Mind you that specializations now cost 7 karma, and not 2, so the cost for that +2 DP bonus has gone up.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post Apr 24 2014, 08:54 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 24 2014, 01:53 PM) *
That's how I read it, multiple specializations within a single skill now. Mind you that specializations now cost 7 karma, and not 2, so the cost for that +2 DP bonus has gone up.

Indeed... Now it behooves you to have a Skill of at least 3 prior to Specialization. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
BlackJaw
post Apr 24 2014, 09:13 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 17,213

I wish I had noticed that before I built the skill page of my character spreadsheet tool, especially the parts where I built in error checking in Priority Points vs Karma, or Skills vs Groups/broken groups. This is going to take a little bit of work to fix.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:58 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.