Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Multiple Specializations For A Skill Legal in 5th
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
BlackJaw
Maybe I just missed it until now, but 5th edition lets you have multiple specializations but only 1 per skill at character creation. Bottom of page 129: "Characters can have multiple specializations within the same skill, but one applies at a time. For example, a character with the Blades skill who specializes in Axes and Parrying would only receive a +2 dice bonus to tests when parrying with an axe.
New characters may only take one specialization per skill at character creation (Creating a Shadowrunner, p. 62), but you can buy more later."
SpellBinder
That's how I read it, multiple specializations within a single skill now. Mind you that specializations now cost 7 karma, and not 2, so the cost for that +2 DP bonus has gone up.
Tymeaus Jalynsfein
QUOTE (SpellBinder @ Apr 24 2014, 01:53 PM) *
That's how I read it, multiple specializations within a single skill now. Mind you that specializations now cost 7 karma, and not 2, so the cost for that +2 DP bonus has gone up.

Indeed... Now it behooves you to have a Skill of at least 3 prior to Specialization. smile.gif
BlackJaw
I wish I had noticed that before I built the skill page of my character spreadsheet tool, especially the parts where I built in error checking in Priority Points vs Karma, or Skills vs Groups/broken groups. This is going to take a little bit of work to fix.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012