Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GenCon 2014: Meet & Greet?, Because some of you I haven't met enough yet
nezumi
post Jun 3 2014, 10:22 PM
Post #1

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,760

I'm putting together my schedule and I want to make sure I leave a block for this. Are we still doing this this year? Wednesday evening again?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Critias
post Jun 5 2014, 06:02 AM
Post #2

Freelance Elf

Member No.: 6,714

I'm in, if so.

+Quote Post
justkelly
post Jun 6 2014, 09:46 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 184,358

Sounds good to me. My first convention as a GM; first time at Gencon, and only my 3rd convention EVER.

+Quote Post
sinthalix
post Jun 6 2014, 02:14 PM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 7,483

There is nothing official planned and I haven't heard a non-official plan for it.

GenCon SR GMs have a meeting on Wednesday evening. Please refer to the convention guidelines for time and location (located in the shared Dropbox/SRM Documents).

+Quote Post
eidolon
post Jul 19 2014, 09:50 PM
Post #5

ghostrider

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 6,333

Chirping crickets in this motherfucker. Where's the usual clamor of pre-Gencon runners?

+Quote Post
Critias
post Jul 29 2014, 03:13 AM
Post #6

Freelance Elf

So I'm thinking about the TGI Friday "endless appetizer" promotion, and I see that there's a Friday's about a half mile from the Indy convention center (lobby of the Fairfield Inn, I think it is). I'm thinking it might make for a pretty cool meet-and-greet (for here, Shadowrun in general, some RPG.netters I know, whatever) to just claim a big table and sit there for as long as we want to, scarfing on potato skins or boneless buffalo bites.

$10 for endless appetizer plates, there's a bar there for those who're interested, and as long as we leave a nice ass type when we're done, everyone wins, right?

I get in early enough Wednesday I can swing by for lunch and just see if they're doing the promotion, and then try to spread the word, I guess...but no one else seems to have a plan, so what do y'all think?

+Quote Post
nezumi
post Jul 29 2014, 01:30 PM
Post #7

Incertum est quo loco te mors expectet;

Member No.: 5,760

I'm intrigued. The half mile is a bit tough, but if it's on a day that's not otherwise overbooked (Wednesday?) that hike shouldn't be an issue for me. I do imagine that distance is enough to dissuade all but the most HARD CORE SHADOWRUN FANS.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Jul 29 2014, 10:32 PM
Post #8

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Group: Admin
Member No.: 50

QUOTE (nezumi @ Jul 29 2014, 09:30 AM) *
I'm intrigued. The half mile is a bit tough, but if it's on a day that's not otherwise overbooked (Wednesday?) that hike shouldn't be an issue for me. I do imagine that distance is enough to dissuade all but the most HARD CORE SHADOWRUN FANS.

Or they can take a taxi.

+Quote Post
Critias
post Jul 30 2014, 01:13 AM
Post #9

Freelance Elf

Keep in mind that measurements from the convention center are often kind of wonky (it can really make a big difference based on where they measure from on the convention center, for instance).

This TGI Friday's is the one in the lobby of the Fairfield Inn and stuff, right up there on 501 W Washington.

+Quote Post
bonehead
post Aug 1 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #10

Target

Member No.: 18,674

It's really not that bad of a trek from the Convention Center to that TGIF, especially if you're leaving from the exit nearest the new Marriott (name escapes me atm). I'm down with going there, btw. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
DWC
post Aug 3 2014, 05:39 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 13,526

The Fairfield Inn is attached to the new Marriott, that's across the street from the convention center. It's half a mile from one end of the convention center to the other.

Despite having stayed at the Fairfield almost every year I've gone, I've never poked my nose into that TGI Jack Daniels. I'm fine with breaking that streak this year.

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 9 2014, 10:42 PM
Post #12

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Just a heads up, there's a Shadowrun GM meeting at 5 PM, and then a general CGL/Agent Meeting at 9 PM, probably for an hour or so. I imagine the BT Agents will have a meeting in between there somewhere.

So we have a start time for this or anything?

+Quote Post
Critias
post Aug 10 2014, 06:21 AM
Post #13

Freelance Elf

I've been aiming for about 5:00, and then hanging out for however long we can/want to (as long as folks keep chipping in money towards an ever-growing tip pile in the center of the table, I think they'll be okay with us squatting for a while).

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 10 2014, 07:42 PM
Post #14

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Ok, I'll let Ray know so he can pass it along to the Shadowrun GMs. They'll be done between 6 and 7, likely, and will have a couple hours before the 9:00 meeting. I should be there as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Bull
post Aug 10 2014, 07:44 PM
Post #15

Grumpy Old Ork Decker

Also, since this is your shindig I'll leave it to you Rusty, but you may wanna go post over on the SR Forums as well. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

+Quote Post
Critias
post Aug 10 2014, 10:46 PM
Post #16

Freelance Elf

Yeah, I'm postin' all kinds of places (I've just been largely avoiding the SR forum since it's been up and down for me lately, sometimes timing out).

I'll get the table space under "Rusty," so if anyone's gonna swing by, I'll see ya then!

+Quote Post
bonehead
post Aug 11 2014, 03:35 PM
Post #17

Target

Member No.: 18,674

Thanks for setting this up Critias!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 03:15 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.