Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Quick Question - Toxic Strike, Exact Rules for Damage
Swing Kid
post Sep 20 2014, 07:38 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,266

If a character has Toxic Strike (Grimoire p. 176), it explains that the strike, which follows the basic rules for Elemental Strike (a few pages prior), causes extra elemental damage. Looking back at page 105 (same book), for information on the elemental rules for pollutants, it describes a pollutant attack as a toxin with specific characteristics, including a Power value equal to the DV of the attack, but I am not certain if I should simply use the adept's Magic Rating as the DV, the net hits (hinted at in the Radiation topic further ahead), or some other factor.

Any input, especially with a reference to a rule that I may have missed, would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Neraph
post Sep 23 2014, 06:55 PM
Post #2

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16,387

I'm assuming this is from 5E, but in 4E, if there was not a listed Power to a toxic effect, it was equal to the critter's Magic. It's a safe assumption to make.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 09:43 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.