Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rule help with SR3 Confusion Crit Power
Noll
post Nov 11 2014, 11:06 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 53,136

As stated, I need some help in understanding if I'm applying the power correctly.

The power states that the victim of confusion has all his TNs increased by the spirit force/essence, plus the target has to make a willpower test to do any volutary action. The question is: Is this power resistible? From what I read it looks like there's no defense against it.

Thank you for your time.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cain
post Nov 11 2014, 11:33 AM
Post #2

Grand Master of Run-Fu

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 178

I don't believe it is resisted. However, I do assume that the test to make a decision isn't affected by the Confusion power, and it seems to only require one success to get through. So, it's not an opposed test.

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Nov 11 2014, 11:49 AM
Post #3

Mr. Quote-function

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,376

QUOTE (Noll)
Is this power resistible?

By RAW: No. The confusion power in SR3 is one of the fundamentally broken things that unfortunately got never fixed with an appropriate Errata.

QUOTE (Noll)
From what I read it looks like there's no defense against it.

Correct. The citter power works automatically within the critter's domain once the critter wants to affect a target . The victim can only take Willpower Tests to perform actions and - if successful - then still suffers TN modifiers to any such action. If the Willpower Tests fail the victim is pretty much lobotomized and doesn't do much until the critter stops using the power (for whatever reason).

+Quote Post
Wounded Ronin
post Nov 17 2014, 09:21 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

Apparently this power even affects GMs.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 04:23 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.