Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Just finished Halfway purchased off gog.com, They only told the story halfway
Wounded Ronin
post Nov 16 2014, 05:30 AM
Post #1

Great Dragon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,383

So, I just finished the retroclassical turn based strategy game Halfway from gog.com.

I enjoyed it greatly. The gameplay was simple but well thought out and nearly all the levels were challenging and satisfying to play. Sometimes nowadays game designers get carried away and make things so complicated that things get broken in terms of gameplay, but Halfway did a good job of focusing on the essentials.

I played it in the evenings to relax before bed so the turn based format was perfect.

The story was good enough to reel me in but I felt like they didn't do a good job of explaining or resolving it by the end of the game. They never explain exactly why or how the ship is under attack by mysterious invaders or any of the other questions raised by the characters during the course of the game.

Most annoying to me was the extremely cliche open ending that seemingly had nothing to do with the previously established plot. It felt like they were just making the story up as they were going along. So, after having been strung along for the whole game, I felt a bit annoyed once I finished the game.

On the whole I would say the game is worth the modest purchase price as a quality passtime, but don't get too invested in the story.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:30 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.