> SR4 skill groups question
AlyW
post Aug 21 2015, 04:34 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 190,843

Skill groups question!

The manual (20th Anniv edition) reads that you can't apply a specialization to a skill group; makes total sense. CAn you apply a specialization to a skill within the skill group, though? It seems like the answer should be yes, since there are indication in the rules that you can level up a skill within the skill group individually (pg 270). I just don't want to assume anything! Also, if yes, will Chummer let me do this after chargen is done?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
apple
post Aug 21 2015, 05:19 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,827

You can apply a specialization to a skill inside a skill group, but then the skill group is considered "broken" and the skills must be raised manually after that. During Char generatin is is highly recommended NOT to allow the breaking of skill groups, so Chummer used that as a hard rule.

SYL

+Quote Post
AlyW
post Aug 21 2015, 07:32 PM
Post #3

Target

Member No.: 190,843

QUOTE (apple @ Aug 21 2015, 10:19 AM) *
You can apply a specialization to a skill inside a skill group, but then the skill group is considered "broken" and the skills must be raised manually after that. During Char generatin is is highly recommended NOT to allow the breaking of skill groups, so Chummer used that as a hard rule.

SYL

Thats what I suspected, and I appreciate the confirmation!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:39 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.