Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: SR4 skill groups question
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
AlyW
Skill groups question!

The manual (20th Anniv edition) reads that you can't apply a specialization to a skill group; makes total sense. CAn you apply a specialization to a skill within the skill group, though? It seems like the answer should be yes, since there are indication in the rules that you can level up a skill within the skill group individually (pg 270). I just don't want to assume anything! Also, if yes, will Chummer let me do this after chargen is done?
apple
You can apply a specialization to a skill inside a skill group, but then the skill group is considered "broken" and the skills must be raised manually after that. During Char generatin is is highly recommended NOT to allow the breaking of skill groups, so Chummer used that as a hard rule.

SYL
AlyW
QUOTE (apple @ Aug 21 2015, 10:19 AM) *
You can apply a specialization to a skill inside a skill group, but then the skill group is considered "broken" and the skills must be raised manually after that. During Char generatin is is highly recommended NOT to allow the breaking of skill groups, so Chummer used that as a hard rule.

SYL

Thats what I suspected, and I appreciate the confirmation!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012