IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Bouncing this off of the hivemind - Hairdressers?, I thought Kimchee Icream before sleep was a bad idea....
Tiralee
post Jan 20 2016, 06:19 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,585

/Hoi Chummers - after some thieving toerag flogged our decks we've been putting our lives back together, but back again with a shadowrunning proposal....

How about setting up a Shadowrunning team operating out of a hairdressers (as cover)?

Different social walks, "regulars" that could be couriers, "hairdressing chemicals" that are delivered with satisfying regularity and the occasional guy in a suit that looks nervous - oh, he's just another rep trying to sell his company's products....?

No, I've not see "Dont mess with Zohan" or whatever it's called, it's just something the Wife and I (Wife mainly) came up with during a random walk around town.

Considering how implanted fiber-optic hair, neon tattoos, fur and chroming horns are cannon in SR, I thought it'd make sense to have a wide variety of "personal attendants" that "can cater to every *cough* hair-related *cough* need..?

(IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

Still running,

-Tir.

Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jan 20 2016, 07:29 PM
Post #2

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,216

So would this be a Pink Mohawk campaign or more a crewcut? (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

Admittedly this could make for a good Day Job for the team.

I shall have to comb the files to see what ideas might crop up.

+Quote Post
Mantis
post Jan 20 2016, 07:47 PM
Post #3

Running Target

Member No.: 17,538

Nothing wrong with it that I can see, beyond the usual issues of a bunch of runners owning a business in a game that has zero support for that outside the dayjob quality.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Jan 20 2016, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Awakened Master Ninja

Member No.: 10,844

I've seen a thread in the past here that was all about "front companies" for Shadowrunners. Possibly the best one I saw involved them being a subsidiary of Ares (for weapons permits). I'll see if I can find that thread.

EDIT:

Found it here.

+Quote Post
Koekepan
post Jan 20 2016, 08:16 PM
Post #5

Neophyte Runner

Member No.: 52,483

I like the idea. Well-rounded characters make a well-rounded game. Good cover identities make for better runners.

And as you point out, it can be more than just hairdressing, and branch out to a broader beauty salon, or even a day spa.

I now have the mental image of the physical adept leading a qi gong and tai chi chuan session.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Jan 20 2016, 09:05 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

Plus don't forget in settings like this, staff are either overlooked as furniture so may hear interesting conversations between two clients or may be treated as a confidante, like a sympathetic barber who listens to the exec vent in general...

+Quote Post
toturi
post Jan 21 2016, 02:09 AM
Post #7

Canon Companion

Member No.: 4,187

Ahem...Mr Butcher beat you to it.

Toe-moss, mon ami. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/nyahnyah.gif)

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 02:57 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.