IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Let's Praise Anarchy, By popular demand...
Gingivitis
post Oct 25 2016, 10:57 PM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 200,517

Since another Anarchy thread has devolved into snarky back and forths about stuff not even related to Anarchy, let's talk about this:

Have you played Anarchy? What went right? What went better than expected?

Are you looking to play Anarchy? What are you excited about? Why?

[Edit] Took out the snarky bits.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
mrslamm0
post Oct 26 2016, 11:46 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 8,299

Hoi,

I just finished the book, as the GM for my group about 99% of the time it sounds great. I haven't had a chance to play it I might see if there are any local games going on to do so. I'm not 100% sure if I can get my group to try it as we are kinda messing around with a Hero System/SR home brew atm and I don't want to keep changing things up on them. I think the only few things I didn't care for was how damage works and the lack of drain for spells (Unless I missed something while listening to the pdf being played). Any ways if I do get a chance to try it out I will post again =).

+Quote Post
Gingivitis
post Oct 27 2016, 03:07 AM
Post #3

Target

Switching systems can be a shock, I get that.

Damage is less of a pain running it than looking at the rules. Eventually I appreciated not having to soak every roll and there are Shadow Amp effects that can reduce incoming damage if players want. There are rules for making damage more lethal or less lethal too.

For Drain, I am just using cooldown rules for spells. I feel the main purpose of drain was to keep mages in check and now the whole system keeps them in check. But there should still be that whole "paying with your mind" thing and I feel cooldowns can represent casting-fatigue pretty well.

+Quote Post
Aria
post Nov 2 2016, 06:46 AM
Post #4

Dragon

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 18,267

Home brew rules or ones I've missed somewhere? Same for complex forms, summoning etc?!

+Quote Post
Gingivitis
post Nov 3 2016, 07:43 PM
Post #5

Target

You didn't miss it. Drain and Fading do not have a mechanic in Anarchy. Much like recoil or reloading.

I am not sure they have a place in a home brew either. It's a mechanic that other Shadow Amps do not deal with. I am not really interested in the balance yet, just game play. A drain roll would, like a damage resistance roll, slow narrations down.

However, story-wise, I think there should be something in place to keep the amped-up mage from saying, "I do what I did the last three turns; I hit them with my super 9P fireball again!". Cooldown rules help alleviate that but then again, so does having good players.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 04:11 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.