IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Initiation for Mundanes?, Trying to find this write-up again...
JanessaVR
post Dec 18 2017, 11:01 PM
Post #1

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

Some time ago, I stumbled upon someone who did a write-up on a theoretical process for being able giving mundanes a Magic rating though a sort of "guided initiation" process. I thought it was crazy, but intriguing. Now I've gone looking for it again, and can't seem to find it. Could have sworn I bookmarked it...

At any rate, if anyone recognizes this and has a link, could you please post it here?

Thanks.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Dec 18 2017, 11:25 PM
Post #2

Awakened Master Ninja

Nevermind, finally found it here.

+Quote Post
Savar
post Dec 19 2017, 01:19 AM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 50,147

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 18 2017, 05:25 PM) *

Cool......

Vary scary, as what can come through.

+Quote Post
Bodak
post Dec 21 2017, 04:43 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,015

QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 18 2017, 11:01 PM) *
Now I've gone looking for it again, and can't seem to find it.
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 18 2017, 11:25 PM) *
But that only took you 24 minutes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

QUOTE (ruscumag)
5. Any subjects who still show no trace of magical manipulation abilities – although it is hard to see how
I expect Essence loss from implants would offset whatever localised magical bonus the artificial ley-lines provide. If the mundane merely has a ubiquitous datajack and eyemods, they likely will only experience (local magic boost -1) improvement to their Magic 0 attribute. Someone with more 'dedication' to transhumanism might find it alienates them further from the awakened realm.

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Dec 21 2017, 09:00 PM
Post #5

Awakened Master Ninja

QUOTE (Bodak @ Dec 20 2017, 08:43 PM) *
But that only took you 24 minutes! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

I was trying for over an hour. Finally, I had an inspiration for search terms to tighten the results I was getting in Google. (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

QUOTE (Bodak @ Dec 20 2017, 08:43 PM) *
I expect Essence loss from implants would offset whatever localised magical bonus the artificial ley-lines provide. If the mundane merely has a ubiquitous datajack and eyemods, they likely will only experience (local magic boost -1) improvement to their Magic 0 attribute. Someone with more 'dedication' to transhumanism might find it alienates them further from the awakened realm.

Quite likely. As I said, crazy, but intriguing.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:11 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.