Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Initiation for Mundanes?
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
JanessaVR
Some time ago, I stumbled upon someone who did a write-up on a theoretical process for being able giving mundanes a Magic rating though a sort of "guided initiation" process. I thought it was crazy, but intriguing. Now I've gone looking for it again, and can't seem to find it. Could have sworn I bookmarked it...

At any rate, if anyone recognizes this and has a link, could you please post it here?

Thanks.
JanessaVR
Nevermind, finally found it here.
Savar
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 18 2017, 05:25 PM) *

Cool......

Vary scary, as what can come through.
Bodak
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 18 2017, 11:01 PM) *
Now I've gone looking for it again, and can't seem to find it.
QUOTE (JanessaVR @ Dec 18 2017, 11:25 PM) *
But that only took you 24 minutes! wink.gif

QUOTE (ruscumag)
5. Any subjects who still show no trace of magical manipulation abilities although it is hard to see how
I expect Essence loss from implants would offset whatever localised magical bonus the artificial ley-lines provide. If the mundane merely has a ubiquitous datajack and eyemods, they likely will only experience (local magic boost -1) improvement to their Magic 0 attribute. Someone with more 'dedication' to transhumanism might find it alienates them further from the awakened realm.
JanessaVR
QUOTE (Bodak @ Dec 20 2017, 08:43 PM) *
But that only took you 24 minutes! wink.gif

I was trying for over an hour. Finally, I had an inspiration for search terms to tighten the results I was getting in Google. smile.gif

QUOTE (Bodak @ Dec 20 2017, 08:43 PM) *
I expect Essence loss from implants would offset whatever localised magical bonus the artificial ley-lines provide. If the mundane merely has a ubiquitous datajack and eyemods, they likely will only experience (local magic boost -1) improvement to their Magic 0 attribute. Someone with more 'dedication' to transhumanism might find it alienates them further from the awakened realm.

Quite likely. As I said, crazy, but intriguing.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012