IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [SR4] Heightened Concentration on Healing Spells?
Machiavelli
post May 30 2018, 08:39 AM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 1,749

Hi Fellas,

my english is good, but sometimes i donīt get the little nuances. I was wondering what the sentence "task at hand", which belongs to the description of the above mentioned adept power, exactly means. The translation programs only give me a meaning similar to "what has to be done", but i donīt understand, if it is only related to physical tasks or to any task in general.

Background of this tricky question: if you use positive healing spells (like: heal) you get a negative dice pool for targets with reduced essence. Can these DP-modifiers be ignored with this power?

Thank you.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post May 30 2018, 09:30 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

Adepts can cancel negative modifiers to physical or combat tests with centering. There is no such limitation given with heightened concentration, so the effect is also applicable to essence modifiers, by RAW. It's a bit silly, but OTOH, the power costs a full power point. YMMV.

+Quote Post
Tymeaus Jalynsfe...
post May 30 2018, 01:32 PM
Post #3

Prime Runner Ascendant

Member No.: 17,022

Heightened Concentration would, by RAW, apply to ANY action you take that you choose to apply the Adept Power to.
Your Magic would help to compensate for the penalty normally incurred, to the limits of the Adept Power.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 16th April 2024 - 06:05 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.