IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Lore Question: Dragon Update, What are they up too?
Kesendeja
post Dec 3 2019, 02:12 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 19,226

I was wondering if anyone would be willing to give an update on what the dragons are up to, including the overall state of draconic politics, personal plots and feuds, and the like.

My last data dump was in 3rd edition with Clutch of Dragons, but the game is going to be in the late 2060's and on to the 70's. So I've got a lot of time to catch up on.

Specifically I need info on Ghostwalker, liberating Denver has come up a few times as a game goal, but anything is going to help.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Dec 3 2019, 07:49 AM
Post #2

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

As there are whole sourcebooks written on that topic, it's a bit much to summarize. The SR3 book would probably have been Dragons of the Sixth World. From the campaign side, Survival of the Fittest is interesting on that topic.
If you want the actual, official things, Clutch of Dragons is indeed the last SR4 update, followed by the abominably bad Storm Front with its ill-chosen title. SR5 doesn't have anything specifically for dragons, IIRC, but I might be wrong there. If so, probably something on the Boston Lockdown front.

+Quote Post
Kesendeja
post Dec 3 2019, 08:11 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Member No.: 19,226

Thanks, looks like I can do pretty much what I want then. My main concern was contradicting the official stuff.

+Quote Post
bannockburn
post Dec 3 2019, 08:14 PM
Post #4

Shooting Target

Member No.: 51,886

Honestly, contradicting some of the official stuff can only make it better.
Although that's true for all editions (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Dec 3 2019, 08:18 PM
Post #5

Awakened Master Ninja

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 10,844

Bannockburn's covered the main books on dragons, but I'll add that SR4 Running Wild has a chapter on dragons, too.

+Quote Post
Sendaz
post Dec 3 2019, 10:08 PM
Post #6

Runner

Member No.: 7,216

After her trial by the Great Dragon Assembly in 2074 and the subsequent raid on her lair at Mount Shasta in '75, images of what has been purported to be Hestaby appeared in the centrefold layout of the August 2076 issue of PlayDragon.

It is considered quite the collectors item now, especially as the Main Offices and Printers were burnt to the ground within 48 hours of its release by parties unknown and most copies, along with their owners, have met messy ends.

Just kidding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

+Quote Post
JanessaVR
post Dec 4 2019, 12:36 AM
Post #7

Awakened Master Ninja

Member No.: 10,844

QUOTE (Sendaz @ Dec 3 2019, 03:08 PM) *
After her trial by the Great Dragon Assembly in 2074 and the subsequent raid on her lair at Mount Shasta in '75, images of what has been purported to be Hestaby appeared in the centrefold layout of the August 2076 issue of PlayDragon.

It is considered quite the collectors item now, especially as the Main Offices and Printers were burnt to the ground within 48 hours of its release by parties unknown and most copies, along with their owners, have met messy ends.

Just kidding (IMG:style_emoticons/default/wink.gif)

LOL! That should totally be made canon! (IMG:style_emoticons/default/smile.gif)

"Hey there, big drake...looking for some tail?"

+Quote Post
Moirdryd
post Dec 4 2019, 02:54 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,944

I could totally build a 'run around that!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 07:04 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.