Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Records on File (4ed)
Stingray
post Jul 23 2020, 11:39 AM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,002

...quick ?, Is MET2000 legit as Records on file, i have seen Ucas Military as it.
..as RAW only Megacorps are legit..???

..any options/ clarifications needed..
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Jul 23 2020, 12:04 PM
Post #2

Mr. Quote-function

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 1,376

QUOTE (Stingray)
Is MET2000 legit as Records on file,

That largely depends on how strict (or rather limited) your GM wants to interpret the underlined word here:

One or more megacorps (chosen when the quality is taken) possesses a relatively up-to-date record of the character’s SIN, biometrics, personal, and possibly medical data.

QUOTE (Stingray)
i have seen Ucas Military as it.

If that was part of an official character in one of the sourcebooks you'd certainly have precedence. However, that kind of precedence might actually not be required ...

QUOTE (Stingray)
..as RAW only Megacorps are legit..???

I quoted the relevant sentence above ... so here's the kicker:
By choosing MET2000 as the entity that has "records on file" concerning your character you have automatically chosen quite a number of megacorps and similar conglomerates by implication:
  • Ares
  • Ruhrmetall
  • IFMU or Frankfurter Bankenverein (depending on when exactly your game is taking place: pre 2064 or post 2064)

And while RAW only mentions "megacorps" the involved entities on state level like the Allied German States and the Japanese Imperial State IMHO qualify as suitable replacements for "megacorps" when it comes to entities that could have "records on file" that might interfere with your runner life in accordance to what this negative quality (I still prefer the term "flaw" there) is supposed to do.

+Quote Post
Stingray
post Jul 23 2020, 12:21 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 17,002

hmmm.. Citizen of PCC joining Megacrp Backed Merc company gives option 2x Records on File..

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 19th April 2024 - 12:26 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.