Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Renraku Arcology Shutdown now in French
Sendaz
post Dec 22 2021, 12:00 PM
Post #1

Runner

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 7,216

Black Books, a French publisher and official licensee of Shadowrun in France, has relaunched the classic adventure Renraku Arcology: Shutdown, with the rules adapted for 5th Ed, 6th Ed and Anarchy as part of their 'Heritage" series of older books never published in France before. I like the concept.

From the site:(using chrome translating so bear in mind there maybe errors)
-----------------------
Deus Ex Arcologia
Something mysterious and terrible has locked the Renraku arcology. Its entrances are hermetically sealed, the Matrix is ​​disconnected, and 100,000 inhabitants are trapped inside. The UCAS army has established a security perimeter around the building and no one, even at Renraku, knows what is going on there.
Renraku Arcology: Shutdown reveals to you who is behind it all, and what terrible events are unfolding inside. This additional background forShadowrunoffers you the full description of this technological nightmare, and the mysterious enemies that are there. This book provides everything gamemasters will need to engage their players in the horror that has befallen arcology, whether it's to free trapped people, to extract abandoned research data, or just to get out alive.
Designed for leaders and players of all levels of experience, this supplement belongs to the Heritage line . Translated and adapted to the most recent editions of Shadowrun ( SR5 , SR6 and SRA ) by the Ombres Portées 2.0 collective, this book invites you to relive one of the major turning points in the universe of the Sixth World. Will you be up to it?

----------------------

https://www.black-book-editions.fr/actualit...1jTLK0gGHPgiX3o
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Cochise
post Dec 24 2021, 10:42 AM
Post #2

Mr. Quote-function

Member No.: 1,376

QUOTE (Sendaz)
Black Books, a French publisher and official licensee of Shadowrun in France, has relaunched the classic adventure Renraku Arcology: Shutdown, with the rules adapted for 5th Ed, 6th Ed and Anarchy as part of their 'Heritage" series of older books never published in France before. I like the concept.

The concept is indeed somewhat intriguing, however I'm a bit skeptical about how well the whole "Whites" thing translates from original Otaku to Technomancers both in terms of narrative and mechanics. I'm also not the target audience due to my personal edition preferences and even if that weren't the case I'm not entirely sure that I'd want to brush up my mostly dormant French skills for something that I still own as an original.

But going by the comments on their page there certainly are French speaking fans who are delighted to see this ... so more power to those fans as well as Black Books and Ombres Portées 2.0

+Quote Post
Stahlseele
post Dec 26 2021, 11:48 PM
Post #3

The ShadowComedian

Member No.: 13,525

I find this a very positive developement, even if it is the frenchies doing it and i never transitioned out of 3rd ed.

+Quote Post
Sengir
post Dec 27 2021, 12:32 PM
Post #4

Great Dragon

Member No.: 17,709

QUOTE (Cochise @ Dec 24 2021, 11:42 AM) *
The concept is indeed somewhat intriguing, however I'm a bit skeptical about how well the whole "Whites" thing translates from original Otaku to Technomancers both in terms of narrative and mechanics.

Yep, I'm especially curious how they deal with cyberware and Essence loss, since white cybereyes used to be what made the Whites Whites.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 11:41 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.