Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Rigger Network Encryption and Networking decks, Real life issue
BGMFH
post May 27 2004, 02:52 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,018

I design networks as a cashcow to my private security work.

The basic question is, would any GMs here have a problem with the link between my cranial deck and a RC deck or decks being encrypted while the other links are not, and then not encrypt the link with the drones?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post May 27 2004, 02:57 PM
Post #2

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

The way the book describes it is a "weakest link" scenario.

Is this a cyberdeck in your head or a rc deck?

Are you basically connecting to your RC deck via a rasio linked datajack? If so, then cool

+Quote Post
BGMFH
post May 27 2004, 03:08 PM
Post #3

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 2,018

I know hte way the book describes.

But in R3 it allows you to link a Rating 10 cyber deck to a rating 8 deck to make a rating 16 deck with the coverage areas of both.

If it can pass control system information like that, why cant I just link those two pieces of equipment, and only encrypt the link?

+Quote Post
Nikoli
post May 27 2004, 03:13 PM
Post #4

Chicago Survivor

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,033

Because every drone shares in the link, remember, the two RC decks communicationg together each loses a port for a drone, so while 2 rating 6 decks make a virtual rating 12 deck, they only have space for 10 drones. That means each deck acts as a drone for the other deck, which menas the communications between the two are subject to MIJI attacks.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 11:34 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.