Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Security Tally and changing hosts/grids
Bigity
post Jul 26 2004, 07:00 PM
Post #1

Shooting Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 3,024

So, am I correct or incorrect when I think that leaving a host or LTG/RTG, that a decker's security tally drops back to zero (provided the Logon to X test works ok).

I know that a PLTG does keep the security tally from the RTG, but what about changing hosts within that PLTG?

Or, do anyand all hosts within a LTG maintain the security tally until the decker leaves the LTG altogether?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Jul 26 2004, 07:21 PM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

QUOTE ("Matrix @ pg. 114")
Any security tall generated on an RTG carries over to any LTGs or PLTGs connected to it; it will not carry over if the intruder moves to another RTG.

Essentially, if you have a tally at the RTG before you log onto any LTG or PLTG, it comes with you.

I know that a PLTG does keep the security tally from the RTG, but what about changing hosts within that PLTG?

I'm going with yes, based on my concept of a PLTG acting like a private RTG for whoever owns it. Basically, if the host you're connecting to connects to the old one, then yes, your security tally comes with you. Take a look at the Matrix Walkthrough. I believe the security tally comes with the decker.

Don

+Quote Post
Necro Tech
post Jul 27 2004, 12:12 AM
Post #3

UMS O.G.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,335

It does. I you log on to the seattle RTG then every LTG/PLTG you visit under it carries the same tally. Which sucks if you rack it up on a green host and then jump to red. 12 might not be a huge tally on the U Dub host but Aztechnology downtown is a different story.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Jul 27 2004, 12:15 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Member No.: 5,670

what others have said. sec tal carries over within the same RTG.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:05 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.