Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Security Tally and changing hosts/grids
Dumpshock Forums > Discussion > Shadowrun
Bigity
So, am I correct or incorrect when I think that leaving a host or LTG/RTG, that a decker's security tally drops back to zero (provided the Logon to X test works ok).

I know that a PLTG does keep the security tally from the RTG, but what about changing hosts within that PLTG?

Or, do anyand all hosts within a LTG maintain the security tally until the decker leaves the LTG altogether?
shadd4d
QUOTE ("Matrix @ pg. 114")
Any security tall generated on an RTG carries over to any LTGs or PLTGs connected to it; it will not carry over if the intruder moves to another RTG.

Essentially, if you have a tally at the RTG before you log onto any LTG or PLTG, it comes with you.

I know that a PLTG does keep the security tally from the RTG, but what about changing hosts within that PLTG?

I'm going with yes, based on my concept of a PLTG acting like a private RTG for whoever owns it. Basically, if the host you're connecting to connects to the old one, then yes, your security tally comes with you. Take a look at the Matrix Walkthrough. I believe the security tally comes with the decker.

Don
Necro Tech
It does. I you log on to the seattle RTG then every LTG/PLTG you visit under it carries the same tally. Which sucks if you rack it up on a green host and then jump to red. 12 might not be a huge tally on the U Dub host but Aztechnology downtown is a different story.
mfb
what others have said. sec tal carries over within the same RTG.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Dumpshock Forums © 2001-2012