Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Atlanta, Whats going on in Atlanta?
Tyrae
post Jul 30 2004, 05:39 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,532

Can anyone tell me whats has been going on in Atlanta, GA? I did a search for it on the forums here but came up with something completly irelevant.
I live in GA so I was thinking of running my first game here in a city that the players will actualy know.
Thanks...

Tyrae ~ Fallen Child of Magdalin

VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
shadd4d
post Jul 30 2004, 11:54 AM
Post #2

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,230

It's the capital of the CAS. Check out Shadows of North America for more info.

BTW, what part of GA are you from?

Don

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jul 30 2004, 01:33 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

I lived in Georgia too. THe whole state should be burned to the ground. Sherman stopped too soon.

That said, there are references to Atlanta in the Neo-Anarchist's Guide to Nortn America and Shadows of North America. Certain companies and individuals from Atlanta are scattered about; such as Pax and that weird little tech group in Portfolio of a Dragon.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Jul 30 2004, 02:53 PM
Post #4

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

Hah - I didn't know you lived in Georgia, AH.

I'm in Atlanta.

Georgia doesn't get a lot of press - most notable is the old Georgia Stadium that was turned in a Barrens-esque gladiator pit.

I think my roomie is looking for a game if you want another player.

-Siege

+Quote Post
Tyrae
post Jul 31 2004, 04:39 AM
Post #5

Target

Member No.: 5,532

Thanks for the warm welcome guys ) Lets take non-shadowrun talk to 'GM/Player Regestry' though so we don't get in trouble.

I have a couple questions, what is CAS, and what is this about a gladiator pit?? that sounds cool!

I'll be heading up to the War Room some time next week and check out the books mentioned, I just don't have the money to pick anything up at the moment. Thats why I was asking.

Tyrae ~ Fallen Child of Magdalen

VICTORY NOT VENGEANCE

+Quote Post
Pistons
post Jul 31 2004, 02:56 PM
Post #6

Not Cameron Diaz

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 188

I'm a little incredulous that you don't know what the CAS is... you have the main sourcebook, right?

Anyway, CAS stands for Confederation of American States. They take up around Virginia and span nearly all southern states (except for at least a good chunk of Florida, which is part of the Carib League), cutting through most of Texas (with the capital, Austin, on the divide between the CAS and Aztlan) and parts of Oklahoma.

+Quote Post
Siege
post Jul 31 2004, 03:43 PM
Post #7

Dragon

Member No.: 3,916

The War Room - good store.

Anyway, you're looking for the "Neo-anarchist's Guide to North America" - SR 2nd edition.

It talks about the old Fulton County Stadium - the one that was demolished a couple of years back. It gets turned into a research project by GA Tech and then taken over by street gangs and becomes a gladiator pit.

-Siege

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd April 2024 - 01:54 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.