Reply to this topicStart new topic
> [Dragons6thW] Undiscovered Greats, We are not alone
booklord
post Aug 29 2003, 05:24 PM
Post #1

Moving Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 4,583

I'm wondering what great dragons out there remain undiscovered. They don't even register on Dragons of the Sixth World, but they could be out there. Possible canidates include:

Kananay
Actually this dragon was mentioned by a runner in Dragon's of the Sixth World. Now we know from the dragon's biology section that great dragons keep their eggs in their lairs where they can have regular contact with them. So if there are dragon eggs in Madagascar then there is a great dragon (likely feathered serpent) in Madagascar as well. In addition this dragon would have a relationship with the immortal elf Harlequinn. However I doubt it. Harlequinn's statements seem to indicate a ruse. My Guess? No dragons. The immortal elves of Azania are likely building an army (read heavenherds) in the privacy of Madagascar ( Hello Therans! ) away from prying eyes. That would certainly warrant Harlequinn's attention.

Aban
Reclusive in Earthdawn times this dragon would probably be even more reclusive now. Remember she was almost as big as Dunklezahn and a master of elemental magic. Perhaps "Mistweaver" has remade her swamp and is biding her time before making her presence felt.

White Lotus
An ancient female Eastern dragon that apparently didn't care for Earthroot. Now perhaps I'm simply being paranoid, but doesn't it seem odd that Lung doesn't control more of the Triads? After all the triads picked up magic pretty quickly. One might think they had help. But if Lung was solely responsible one might think he'd control more of them. Also there seems to be some rivalry between the Red Dragon Triad and the White Lotus Society triad.

Dragon(s) of Aztechnology
Is there a horror-corrupted great dragon controlling Aztechnology from behind the scenes? One source suggests an Eastern dragon perhaps trying to link Aztlan to the ring of fire. Another suggests a feathered serpent. ( which might make sense since feathered serpents are known praticioners of blood magic ). Interestingly horrors in Shadowrun seem to be working together toward a common goal. Ygrasthe even sacrificed himself so that more horrors could cross over. So maybe just maybe its BOTH a corrupted Eastern dragon and a corrupted Feathered serpent.

Yakut
"Are you absolutely fragging 100% positive there are no dragons involved?" You know when someone denies something too vehemently I get suspicious. Enter the Yakut. A giant awakened land with mysterious magic but seemingly no immortals in charge. Yeah, right. This would actually be the perfect place for a dragon to be running things behind the scenes like the before mentioned Aban.

Cambodia, Tibet, Manchuria
All possible locations for a great dragon. (given the location an Eastern great dragon like the before mentioned White Lotus ) All these places are extremely reclusive going so far as to give the corps the brush off. Could a dragon be in charge anywhere here. My guess? Tibet ...No. That is more likely awakened communing with ancient spirits. Cambodia, possible, but if so he's a vicious bugger. Manchuria likely. Since as far as I know most of the inhabitants migrated there to escape racism. They shouldn't have been able to tell the corps to leave without substantial help.

Outcast - Denairastas
Hmmmm. A dragon who was declared a renegade by the other dragons in Earthdawn time for attempting to produce his own private army of immortal human magicians. (As I understand it the best he came up with was long-lived humans ) What would such a dragon do (assuming he survived) upon the coming end of the fourth world. Perhaps he would make a secret order of human magicians dedicated to teaching and practicing magic from one generation to the next despite the incredibly low mana levels. Perhaps when magic returned he would become their new leader. A powerful magician capable of summoning both nature spirits and elementals? Perhaps this organization would become known as the Black Lodge. It would explain why they're so interested in messing with the Tirs.

Third Amazonia dragon
Three great dragons conquered Brazil right? Hualpa, sirrurg, and ?????. Dragons of the Sixth World said it was a feathered serpent and that while still much larger than your average feathered serpent was smaller tha Hualpa. Where is this dragon now?

Schneeflocke
I know only what I've read on the web. In the German language only sourcebook Chrom+Dioxin while talking about Switzerland it describes a light- colored !Feathered! western dragon that appeared in Geneva, sat there for five minutes and then flew off. It has not been seen since. It is rumored to be lairing in the Alpine Forbidden Zone.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Aug 29 2003, 06:32 PM
Post #2

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

Remember that some dragons from the 4th World were killed via 'down-cycle hunting'.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 29 2003, 08:52 PM
Post #3

Great Dragon

Member No.: 2,935

I shall note that best guess toward 3rd great in Amazonia is Arleesh, and the "corrupted" fetahered serpent in Aztechnology may not be. Maybe.

I'm rather more concerned about the gray-gold dragon up near Russia.

+Quote Post
booklord
post Aug 30 2003, 12:22 AM
Post #4

Moving Target

Didn't Arleesh wake up around 2049 or something? They sounded so positive I thought someone probably saw her "wake up". That definitely predates the takeover of Amazonia. I suspect that their is a fourth great feathered serpent. However I don't think its in Madagascar.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Aug 30 2003, 03:01 AM
Post #5

Great Dragon

She wasn't spotted until 2049. She may well have woken up beforehand, somewhere out-of-the-way. Or it could be Mujaji.

+Quote Post
Pistons
post Sep 2 2003, 07:57 PM
Post #6

Not Cameron Diaz

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 188

Mujaji's in Africa. Amazonia=/= Africa.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Sep 3 2003, 12:17 AM
Post #7

Great Dragon

Yes, and Lofwyr was in Germany and sat on the Council of Princes in Tir Tairngire, North America, in the scales.

It's just an idea. Certainly she has access to certain feline shapeshifters, and protects a jungle doman with the aid of tribal shamans.

+Quote Post
motorfirebox
post Sep 4 2003, 12:21 PM
Post #8

Moving Target

Member No.: 1,478

is there 'room' in SR for... "generic" greats, for lack of a better term? dragons who are greats by virtue of stats and age (or by being tapped by the Wand of Becoming a GD, or however it works), but who lack the renown and power of the big-name greats?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Sep 4 2003, 01:28 PM
Post #9

Great Dragon

Well...they're sorta rare. Greats that is. usually, only the exceptional ones make it.

+Quote Post
booklord
post Sep 4 2003, 03:02 PM
Post #10

Moving Target

I'm more thinking about possible greats that the writers of the source material may not have included in the Dragons of the Sixth World sourcebook because the dragons are too secretive. For example, a lot of people seem to think there is a great dragon either working for or running Aztechnology and the source material seems to hint at that.

But go ahead as GMs we can make whatever great dragons we want.

"My name Bertasor, I woke last Thursday"
"No I don't have a hoard, I kinda lost it."
"Well, you see the other greats think I have a gambling problem."
"What is this Las Vegas you speak of?"
"Toenail clippings for chips! Toenail clippings for chips!"

+Quote Post
Nath
post Sep 4 2003, 03:20 PM
Post #11

Shooting Target

Member No.: 3,723

Well, SR1/2 and SR3 list was titled "some famous Great Dragons" or something similar, and DSW does not add many to that count. I guess it's like asking how many AA megacorporations exist, except that a mega can't make a living like a dragon can if staying under the radar. And in any case such creation shouldn't be able to challenge one of the Big in its league.

+Quote Post
FlakJacket
post Sep 8 2003, 03:51 AM
Post #12

King of the Hobos

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 127

QUOTE (booklord)
Yakut
Enter the Yakut. A giant awakened land with mysterious magic but seemingly no immortals in charge. Yeah, right. This would actually be the perfect place for a dragon to be running things behind the scenes like the before mentioned Aban.

Gods I hope they don't ever pull that. Just for a few times I'd like that some awakened area or secret thing that wasn't being controlled by either the great dragons or immortal elves. After a while it just starts becoming such a cliche.

"My name Bertasor, I woke last Thursday"
"No I don't have a hoard, I kinda lost it."
"Well, you see the other greats think I have a gambling problem."
"What is this Las Vegas you speak of?"
"Toenail clippings for chips!  Toenail clippings for chips!"

Heh. A gambling dragon, now that's not a bad idea. :)

+Quote Post
Stormdrake
post Sep 18 2003, 07:46 PM
Post #13

Moving Target

Member No.: 5,623

Las Vegas would be a great place for a dragon, great or not. Think of all the people who come there and lose there shirt. How many middle and even upper managment wage slaves might be willing to divulge a secret or two to settle a dedt? A dragon could gather wealth and secrets. Now that I think of it it would be a great place for adult dragons to try and gather wealth and power so you could have several lesser dracoforms running around the place.

+Quote Post
Silicon Shadow
post Jan 3 2004, 08:42 AM
Post #14

Target

Member No.: 909

The dragons that attacked Manaus & cleared the way for Amazonia were Hualpa, Sirrurg the Destroyer and Mujaji (not Arleesh). You can check that in a couple of ways; first (from memory) the DM's info in the back of Dragons/Sixth states that Mujaji was the third. Second, the adventure-book Bottled Demon (if you've got it) has Arleesh waking up in the latter half of 2049 & spending 2050 'slumming' in Seattle.

+Quote Post
Tanka
post Jan 4 2004, 05:11 PM
Post #15

Chrome to the Core

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 5,715

One of the powers of GDs: Twist Fate. The second usage allows a GD to spend on Karma Pool point to make a person reroll all it's successes. Ouch.

+Quote Post
Synner
post Jan 4 2004, 05:38 PM
Post #16

Runner

Member No.: 185

QUOTE (Silicon Shadow)
The dragons that attacked Manaus & cleared the way for Amazonia were Hualpa, Sirrurg the Destroyer and Mujaji (not Arleesh). You can check that in a couple of ways; first (from memory) the DM's info in the back of Dragons/Sixth states that Mujaji was the third.

:proof:?

Although I may be wrong, I think you'll find that there is no such reference. Speculation aside all that is known about the third dragon involved is that it was a feathered serpent.

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jan 4 2004, 06:31 PM
Post #17

Great Dragon

There's a point in DotSW where it says Mujaji has interests in South America, hence the idea that she was the third great feathered serpent (okay, we've got another great feathered serpent here, and we're looking for a great feathered serpent...hey! maybe they're one and the same!). Y'know how that line of thought starts up Syn.

+Quote Post
Fortune
post Jan 4 2004, 10:08 PM
Post #18

Immoral Elf

Member No.: 2,486

So AnHi, are you saying you agree?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Jan 4 2004, 11:18 PM
Post #19

Great Dragon

Nope. Too little information to go on. I'm just pointing out why people can make this assumption from the available rumors and innuendo in the book.

+Quote Post
Large Mike
post Apr 8 2004, 10:09 AM
Post #20

Running Target

Member No.: 2,062

Grey-Gold?

+Quote Post
Ancient History
post Apr 8 2004, 11:56 AM
Post #21

Great Dragon

Calozerca, DotSW.

+Quote Post
Just Jonny
post May 8 2004, 01:10 AM
Post #22

Target

Member No.: 6,308

As far as the hidden Great controlling Aztechnology, I always assumed it was Vestrivian, the Horror corrupted Great Eastern Dragon of Earthdawn.

+Quote Post
booklord
post May 8 2004, 01:28 AM
Post #23

Moving Target

Vestrivan was killed during the Barsaive War. Besides he was a western dragon.

+Quote Post
fistandantilus4....
post Jan 3 2005, 09:03 PM
Post #24

Uncle Fisty

Group: Admin
Member No.: 6,928

How about another of the greats from the past, Earthroot.Apparently he' a Cathay drgaon , and pretty darn powerful, but no sign of him in SR.
In the Dof6thW, Celedyr defends his and Earthroot's choices concerning the Great Tree, which was a massive White tree underneath the ground. Earthroot and his ts'krang gaurded it. Now apparently Hualpa has it's ashes. So what happened to Earthroot?

+Quote Post
Mortax
post May 21 2005, 04:34 AM
Post #25

Moving Target

Member No.: 6,950

QUOTE (Ancient History)
She wasn't spotted until 2049. She may well have woken up beforehand, somewhere out-of-the-way. Or it could be Mujaji.

Look in bottled deamon, it gives when she wakes up, I think.

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 26th April 2024 - 07:53 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.