IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Africa as a whole, Can anyone help me fill in the blanks?
Tyron
post Aug 4 2004, 03:10 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,329

Hey everyone.

I've been considering running a Shadowrun campaign in Africa in quite some time, but unfortunately it's probably one of the least touched on continents in the entire Shadowrun Universe. So while I will have no problem formulating what big things I want to happen, I need some help filling in the little stuff that fleshes out the setting and makes it seem like a real place. So could anyone help inform me of any details or information regarding ANY part of Africa or where I could go to find such information? I know Cyberpirates touches on it, but unfortunately I currently do not possess it.

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Necro Tech
post Aug 4 2004, 03:14 AM
Post #2

UMS O.G.

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 6,335

Predator and prey covers it as well I believe.

+Quote Post
Ol' Scratch
post Aug 4 2004, 03:15 AM
Post #3

Immortal Elf

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1,890

Cyberpirates and Target: Smuggler's Havens are the only books I know of that go into any real depth about any parts of Africa. Beyond that you might want to try Target: Awakened Lands and/or Target: Wastelands as they might have a few blurbs (I don't have them handy to check), and I'm sure State of the Art: 2063 talks about the northern part in the Mercenary chapter regarding the Desert Wars. Not sure where else you can find anything, though.

+Quote Post
mfb
post Aug 4 2004, 04:42 AM
Post #4

Immortal Elf

Group: Members
Member No.: 5,670

Sprawl Survival Guide gives an overview. the northern part is pretty much taken up by the desert wars and jihad-land. the central area is all jungle-ly and mysterious--the whole of it is apparently eaten up by brushfire wars and whatnot. the tip of the continent is a mish-mash of tribal-controlled wilderness and corporate facilities (mostly mines), with a large sprawl in Cape Town.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 08:19 AM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.