Reply to this topicStart new topic
> GMing Programs
Eltern
post Aug 11 2004, 02:40 AM
Post #1

Target

Group: Members
Member No.: 6,297

What's out there in the way of GMing programs? I've become very comfortable with using my laptop to DM in D&D, and I'd like to find a Shadowrun equivalent for what I like. The stuff hosted on matrix.dumpshock seems -excellent-, but the GMing tracker is what I really like, and it seems like it hasn't been supported for a year :( Am I right? Even in it's current state I can't use it, because of some pretty trippin' bugs as soon as I try to load it.

So, anything else out there?

Thanks!
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
Ditaki
post Aug 11 2004, 07:01 AM
Post #2

Target

Member No.: 5,967

Wow...I definatly thought you meant Programs, you know, in the Matrix, man. Crazy.

+Quote Post
GrinderTheTroll
post Aug 11 2004, 06:04 PM
Post #3

Shooting Target

Member No.: 6,465

Here's a thread on a home-grown program I use (requires MS-Access currently), but does great at tracking initiative, damage and stats.

http://invision.dumpshock.com/index.php?showtopic=4804

+Quote Post
Eltern
post Aug 14 2004, 02:32 AM
Post #4

Target

Member No.: 6,297

Wow, so there's not a lot out there, eh?

I tried to use your Access program, Grinder, but it reads as an invalid database or somesuch when I try to open it :\

+Quote Post
Kanada Ten
post Aug 14 2004, 02:47 AM
Post #5

Beetle Eater

Group: Dumpshocked
Member No.: 2,826

There are a few in the Community Project's section, things like Dashifen's Character Record Sheet which can do some of the GM's work, and is under expansion. Among others.

+Quote Post
Dashifen
post Aug 14 2004, 02:21 PM
Post #6

Technomancer

Group: Retired Admins
Member No.: 3,374

Whee ... more promotions! I'll be back to work on the DCRS on Tuesday after a long hiatus due to a lack of internet connection when I moved. If you use it and have suggestions, post them to the community projects thread on the DCRS and I'll get back to you.

+Quote Post
McGravin
post Aug 14 2004, 07:23 PM
Post #7

Target

Member No.: 6,559

Speaking of SR programs, I haven't been able to find a single working link to a copy of The Shop, James Ojaste's utility for making vehicles following the Rigger 2 guidelines. I've found plenty of dead links, but nothing that works. Anyone have a copy they can put up? Or even PM me and I'll let you know how you can send it to me so I can host it.

Edit: Okay, I found it after digging through some threads on the community projects forum. For anyone else looking for Ojaste's current website, it's at this URL. Update your bookmarks and whatnot.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th April 2024 - 12:32 PM

Topps, Inc has sole ownership of the names, logo, artwork, marks, photographs, sounds, audio, video and/or any proprietary material used in connection with the game Shadowrun. Topps, Inc has granted permission to the Dumpshock Forums to use such names, logos, artwork, marks and/or any proprietary materials for promotional and informational purposes on its website but does not endorse, and is not affiliated with the Dumpshock Forums in any official capacity whatsoever.